1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oops, did I just buy that?

Jul 28, 2010

1. Yeah, my first and only BJD was an impulse buy. I saw her in the case and just couldn't look away. Before I really knew it, she was mine. I always have buyer's remorse over my dolls, and the amount increases with the price. So...she came with a lot of remorse. Still, I wouldn't trade her back.

On the other hand, I have intentionally not sorted out my problems with paypal, and I refuse to get an account on EBay. Just too much temptation!

2. the more I read the more I realize that I'm probably just an impulse buyer ... period. I've impulsively bought a pukipuki sugar, an eve mio head and an ios anos head in the past 2 months and tons of clothes and other small things for my dolls.

oh, boy. I'm starting to think I may have a problem xD well... at least I'm not shirking my responsibilities

3. Yep, I did that yesterday with a pair of doll shoes. I was browsing my eBay watchlist and noticed the alert that said 'LAST ONE', and just.. clicked buy it now. I don't think I have any buyer's remorse, I've been looking for a proper pair of boots for my girl and had tons of shoes on my watchlist, so I'm glad I finally bought a pair so I could delete the rest? :sweat

4. I think I just got out of one of those:lol:
      I clicked to buy a doll when I was very sleep deprived a couple nights ago, but forgot to put my email or contact info in the order sheet to pay. Now, that I've had some sleep I know that while the doll is lovely, it's not for me.
      Phew, got out of that one. I'm glad too, I really can't afford it right now:sweat

5. It isn't something I have done yet, but it is something I fear I will fall prey to at one point or another.

6. I think Elfdoll has the magic power to make this happen, I really do. I glance woefully toward my sig as evidence.

This may or may not be an accurate representation of a recent thought process:
      "Oh, they released it!"
      *POUNCE*
      " ...wait, that was supposed to be a few months off and there's all this other stuff coming out right around then--"
      "--awwwwwwcrud, ramenville for a while."

It's not just you. ;)

7. @surreality: I swear it was like I was hypnotized! I checked my bank, saw I had just enough and went for it! I gave it no thought whatsoever lol I don't really regret it I'm just worried that I might once he arrives xD but like I said... In my defense he's perfect for a character on mine that I really love. I romantasize it and pretend his spirit possesed me to bring him home xD

8. *has had about 50 of those type of impulse buys* :sweat
      I try not to do it anymore because I never end up keeping them.

9. I wish I had the money to be able to make an impulse buy lol. I've always scrimped and saved and researched a lot before getting each doll.

10. My first doll was actually an impulse buy. From a con booth no less. XD I can't that that ugly carpet wig any less. (I took it off because it look so bad on him. XD)
      Four of my dolls besides him have actually been total impulsive buys. I'll just see a doll and the character will click. (aside from my S.Shiwoo. He fell into that roll. XD)

first, my Scar Shiwoo. I saw him on the marketplace and just HAD to have him. I don't even know what it was. He still remains one of my favorites!!! >w<

Then, my puki Darjeeling. I had just stumbled onto fairyland not even a week after I purchased Louis' head and I saw him. It was love at first glance. My wallet was crying in a corner by this point. XD

About four months back, I found a Pipos Ron on the marketplace and bought him. Though, I've lately been thinking about selling him due to money issues. T_T

And finally! My Aphan! I got him about 4 days before the end of his order period only three days after seeing him. Those lips! X3 I am in love! Again!

The rest of my kids were planned dollie pregnancys. (pfffft) Though, I still couldn't be any happier with all of them!

11. AHHH!!! HA HA HA!!! OMG!!! *snort* This is the funniest dolls=children analogy I've ever heard. LOLOLOL! Does that mean all of us who have pined over dolls and put them in the shopping cart, only to chicken out and cancel the order at the last minute have multiple dolly abortions? XD HAHAhahaha!! Ahhh, that's grand.

12. Wow... I've never had an impulse buy. I always carefully plan out what I'm going to buy and save up for months.

But then again... I haven't got a job and my only source of income right now is when I get money from drawing commissions.

13. haha!! Ahh, I know the tragedy of such a sight all too well.

14. I haven't impulse-bought any dolls (that would require a real income, I guess...), though it's always possible that I'll save up for one doll and then find myself falling in love with a completely different one...

But I might have impulse-suggested-a-birthday-gift, that I totally don't know exists, you guys *grin*, because at a con, there were these adorable shoes that I was pretty sure would not fit the boy I ordered (he has since arrived, and no, they won't, not that I know these shoes exist or anything...), but they were SO CUTE (they were kitty shoes), and I figured someday I'd have a girl doll with slightly smaller feet, and until then I would just enjoy seeing these shoes on my shelf (I collect things with cats on them anyway).

Wait, no... Okay, one time (also at a con... huh, guess I can't resist doll things I see in person) I bought a super cute vest, pink leopard-print faux fur on one side, boucle-ish knit on the other, reversible. It was made for an SD, which at the time I had no plans to ever own, but I hoped it would look really cute oversized. It was made to be slightly on the long side, but on an MSD it would have a very funky full-length cast-of-Hair vibe...

=^__^=
      Anneko

15. My first doll was an impulse buy of sorts. I was going to get a Dollmore kid for Christmas with a ton of extras. But I was on the MP and saw a KDF Lemon for a super price and Lemon was one of the first dolls i fell in love with but couldn't afford to buy new. I had like 205 dollars saved back and I caved in and bought her on layaway. I got her a few days ago and do not regret a thing about her ^^

16. The Chiwoo head I just bought from the marketplace was totally an impulse purchase. I'm not even sure what I was doing in the DoA marketplace at that time of the morning. But I'm so glad I clicked and looked- I don't regret a thing!

17. Luckily, I'm not a big fan of buying online, so I'm usually pretty hesitant. When the convention rolled around though and I could see the items in person, I didn't hold back! My weakness is clothing/accessories. I don't think I'd ever buy dolls or doll parts on impulse, but I do have a random set of angel wings that I bought for Lyle that he's only worn once... :sweat

(They're super cute though!)

18. I'm definitely an impulse buyer, but so far haven't done it with a doll. Not that I necessarily plan and save beforehand, it's just that I do think it over a little bit first. Dolly items, however . . . I just put in a Leekeworld order upon spotting a wig that's close to a hard-to-find style I've been looking for. I just happened to wander over to the site and POUNCE!

19. This is usually more me, too. "Oh, it's just a little... " items that add up over time.

In fairness, my 'impulse' girl was just a matter of 'awwnuts, that was supposed to come out later, and it's out now, BUY' -- a planned purchase, just not at the planned time. A really BAD not planned time, no less, as my computer has apparently ordered some gremlins while I wasn't watching. (Why oh why do I have to be a Mac junkie? At least it got me used to things costing an unholy lot more than people think they should, I guess.)

20. I don't see, in my situation, how I could impulse buy a doll of that cost. Outfits and accessories, maybe, but not dolls. Murder most swift would come my way if I did.