1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oops, did I just buy that?

Jul 28, 2010

1. I don't do doll impulse buys. If it's on my wishlist, it's not an impulse. :)

Clothing, on the other hand ... it's weird to find something my dolls would actually wear, so I tend to pounce on those items.

2. I wish I could impulse buy though, many times I am tempted to just click the buy button but considering my current situation I always have to think and sleep on it for a few days before making the leap. For accessories, outfits, parts etc, especially limited ones, I'm more likely to pounce lol. I wish I could do the same for several of the limited dolls I so loved! :(

3. Yes! But it's kinda what i do.
      Im sometimes an impulsive person but i rarely regret it. My newest, Keid, was an impulse buy. i was starting to save up for an akando but then I saw keid for the first time in the gallery. I fell madly in love with the mold and saw one on the marketplace same day that would accept layaway. I messaged them to buy him that night. I love him to pieces.

My first doll, an EL, was kinda like that. I bought him 5 years ago without really knowing any other companies, so he was actually one of the first molds i ever saw before starting to really research the hobby.
      ive only regretted that a bit, since Nahu was still out at the time and i wanted him pretty bad but had already gotten a doll. Luckily i moved on pretty quick and no longer have any buyers remorse!
      oh and Finn, i bought his head pretty much in a day of seeing it too...

4. Let me think.. By impulse I mean I went from knowing it could be purchased to purchased within ten minutes.

1. Elizabeth (Lady Sylvie one-off): Went with my friend to the L.A. opening. Put in thinking I wouldn't win. Whoops! But a GOOD whoops!!!
      2. Laura (MSD Mary): I was in the Shinjuku store and just wanted to see what she looked like. Then, well, so that is what she looks like? Why not?
      3. Lilith (msd F6): Went to the L.A. store to kill time waiting for a wedding. Had an hour to kill... eh, I always wanted an F6! (Lost track of time and missed a good chunk of the wedding!!!)
      4. Edmund (Amakusa): I bought "him" off Mandarake since he was a good, a really good, price and I wanted to see how Mandarake worked for future purchases.
      5. Lisa (msd F3 snow): I was window-shopping with a friend and I saw her! Well, "him," but I will get a new body eventually. I don't really like boys, and I don't really like white skin, but the price was right!

Pearl (Chinatsu), Sophie (Cyndy), Kasumi (sd F13),: Planned!

LOL! So... 5 of my 8 dolls were impulse buys! And the girl on her way! so... 6 of 9!!! But... if you check my profile, my "good bye" list is quite long.

5. If I am tired....I pull the plug on the internets. XD That has happened numerous times in the past...so I go to drastic measures to keep my impulse buying to a minimum.

6. I had a particularly ridiculous impulse buy recently. I was looking around at outfits online (as I've done way too much recently, and need to cut it out) when I found an adorable SD13 girl outfit. I kept the thread up for awhile and kept looking at it, going back and forth whether I wanted it or not. "Oh, but it's so cute and I love the apron that goes with it!" then "But I don't need this thing. Come on, it isn't something I can't live without.". Then I remembered that I'm waiting on a super cute pair of red Dollheart shoes, and realized this outfit would go with them perfectly. Annnnd then I bought it immediately. XD

7. T_T I'm definitely an impulse buyer but sometimes I feel as if I don't impulse buy, then I'd never buy it. I just spent wayyyy too much money on 2 pairs of eyes Silver Japanese glass eyes and 2 pairs of Dollflower eyes thinking that if I don't get them now then I have to wait for another pre-order (that may or may not have the same colors available)... then like 5 minutes later I was on a thread for the fairyland C-Line dolls and somehow ended up buying a Lishe from DenverDolls!!

As a matter of fact... my first doll, an Elfdoll Soah was an impulse buy too. I was at fanime con and saw them at the Junkyspot booth and it saw game over after I made eye contact with her face.

I gotta stay away from the marketplace too... so many nice things~

8. Actually, this is true for me too. I remember when I first saw RealPuki SoSo and I wanted her SO BAD!!!!!!! She's what got me back into the hobby after my long hiatus (which is funny cuz I never liked tinies before). The fullset was already sold out but I could still get the basic but I waited... and waited... and... then she was gone :( I regret that so much. Hopefully I'll be able to find her in the MP when I get some more cash. Also, long ago when the dollshe boys first started coming out, you know... Saint, Bernard, Bermann... I wanted at least one of them and I never got one because I was being "careful". I REGRET THAT SO HARD!!!!

I figure if I don't bond with this Aden I bought then I can always try selling him /shrug. You don't completely lose in this game, just go hungry for a few days. :) Well... in my case, at least.

9. I've done this before xD it's a good idea.

10. I could never imagine impulse buying a doll. My impulse buys are usually on used games, so maybe $10-30; there's no way I'd be able to manage "BYE-BYE $500+!". I'm barely able to purchase dolls I've had planned for months @__@; Even if I had the disposable income, my buyer's remorse would be so bad that the poor doll would be on the Market Place as soon as I opened the box.

I am bad with buying clothes and accessories, though. Especially from doll companies directly D: My reasoning is usually "Well, I'm already paying $20 for shipping, so I might as well make a big order so I don't have to order from them again for a while...". And then, as I'm adding clothes to my cart, I start buying cute necklaces I didn't plan on, and hats, and random wristbands... Only to find out that I've added about $70 to my order in things I didn't intend to buy x__x I go back and remove a few things from my shopping cart, but a lot of things get purchases that really didn't need to be...

But I've never had any problem with having an excess of clothes or accessories laying around 8D I'm usually grateful to my past self for being slightly impulsive and getting that cute black fedora I didn't need but my boy just looks so awesome in >>;

11. If the impulse is that strong, and it felt right, maybe that was just your gut making itself known! The gut always has the last word. You can fool it for awhile with logic, but it always has the lasts word.

I've bought things like shoes, outfits, accessories or eyes on impulse, just see-want-click-buy. Usually it's just something I know I've been wanting, other times it's "what the hell, why not". But for dolls, I always sleep on it. You don't always have the luxury of a LOT of sleep on it, especially if you've just found a grail doll on eBay and his auction ends tomorrow, so at least meditate on it for a bit. ^^

My personal weakness is DollHeart boots (can't I fit just one more pair in the shopping-cart this month?). But generally it's the little impulse items at the checkout counter that add up fastest: in the supermarket it's gum and magazines, online it's the dolly underwear, wristlet, belt, tanktop, goggles, eyeputty....

12. most of my impulse buys are clothing and such.. though I did just buy a floating head on impulse.. before I knew it, I was askign the seller how much for shipping, and the next day.... sending them money... becuase I feel bad for asking and now buying. It's okay though they're already integrated into the storyline >.<

13. My first BJD was a complete impulse. >> I saw a picture of a BJD on deviantART, went "OMG DO WANT," scoured the internet for a (relatively) inexpensive one, and plunked down the money. I knew nothing about them, or what to expect, or anything. XD In fact, I didn't even know about this forum for about a year after.
      Whups.
      Um... I've bought two tinies from the MP and one LTF faceplate on total impulse because they were pretty inexpensive. Clothes and wigs for the same reason... The marketplace is honestly the most dangerous place on earth for me (or, err.. my wallet).
      D:
      Dolls have definitely brought out the impulse buyer demon inside of me.

14. I almost impulse bought Nenad from Soom. I had such a terrible day just staring at her and sighing. I had a talk with my hun about finances and everything... and ended up decided on getting my floating cupid multihead his body instead. And now? I'm honestly regretting not just asking for her. I keep going back to the site and sighing even now that she's sold out. I wish I had let myself just impulse buy just once... but I didn't. And now I'm impatiently waiting for her pop up on the marketplace to see what kind of tremendous mark-up people are going to throw on her... all because I was good and thought about it and told myself I'd regret it.

15. As a matter of fact, I just did this!

It was about an hour before I remembered I'd been laid off. Worse things have happened and I had a bunch of stuff I'd been meaning to sell anyway. At least it was a tiny!

Still pretty embarrassing.

16. My second doll was an impluse buy :sweat He was a leftover from an event and his price was fairly cheap for a Bluefairy WS so I quickly bought him. I don't regret it though, he's my favourite doll :D

17. I can honestly say I don't have impulse buys at all. Do you believe me ??? Yeah I wouldn't either :-P But I will admit to having emotional purchases ;-) Usually related to how my teenage daughter is making me feel. If we are having a bad time with her "attitude", I am much more inclined to just buy something that will make ME happy without thinking of anything else. Then wonder if I should have done it or not. But I try to never let myself get stuck on regretting a purchase. The waiting period has its own amount of happiness and once the new purchase arrives, there is a massive WOW factor and a feeling that it was worth going through that crap with my teen daughter if it means I could get that new addition or a new accessory for one of the current dolls.

18. I'm not usually an impulse buyer, I like to think things over and such before I purchase anything. Well, so a few days ago I had to make a sort of quick decision.

I'd bought Soom Nenad as my first BJD and I'm very happy with my decision and can't wait to have her home. Then about a week later I discovered that Glorydoll had released another edition of Goth Lucy, a sculpt I'd been wanting for a long time but didn't think it was possible to get. Major angst follows, since it's a lot of money and my first girl hasn't even arrived yet.

But in the end since she's perfect for the main character in one of the stories I'm working on, I decided she was worth it and now I have two wonderful girls to wait for :D

19. I'm not so sure. My gut is telling me OMGSARDDOWANT. My logic is telling me I don't have $5,000 to spend on a hunk of plastic. ;)

Personally it depends on the item. I've bought a couple of dolls on impulse in the past. I ended up selling both of them because they weren't what I was really looking for. However, I have been known to impulse buy small items (mostly clothing). My crew is hard to shop for. If I find something I like and I know will fit them I pounce on it.

20. Thanks. I agree. Makes me feel better that you posted this. XD