1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oops, did I just buy that?

Jul 28, 2010

1. I'm a total impulse buyer, I've done it in the past, but I've been better about it recently compared to earlier in my collection...that is, until I saw Souldoll's Agnetha, and I couldn't say no. I just...bought her. No questions, no anything. Of course then she got here and we had a bit of a love-hate argument (ok, I had the argument with myself, probably out of some guilt for spending money when I was trying not to) but she's off getting a new face-up now and I'm very excited that she's here.

2. I suppose my first and only impulse buy has been my Asleep Eidolon Peppermint... but it doesn't feel so impulsive because she was on my wishlist. I've never bought a doll that I didn't plan to own someday. Sometimes I just decide that I'm tired of hemming and hawing over it and just buckle down and place the order. :3

I almost impulse-bought a Dollheart fer the other day. ;3; And it would have cost almost as much as my Peppermint when all's said and done.

3. I try not to impulse-buy dolls. (smaller stuff, maybe) I'll usually have to agonize about a doll for as long as possible--usually until a buying period is about to end, since I seem to be attracted to a lot of limiteds...

But I might as well save myself the agonizing, since I usually end up buying anyway! :(

4. University + Impulse buying= no food for a month

5. Haha!!! This made me laugh, but it seems like you do love him :D so yay!
      And yes...the dolly diet is the only one that has ever worked for me ;)
      who said dolls are unhealthy?!?!?!!

Well i KINDA have a story about this....one morning i was trolling flickr as i always do to comment lovely doll photos. when i came across the CUTEST photo of a Tan pirate Belle (lati yellow)....she was just so cute!!!! i wanted to comment it so i clicked and what do you know.....a big fat "FS" was written below!

So....my fingers typed faster than ever to her...next thing i know i show my mom (right before christmas) without saying she is for sale, mom said "I LOVE HER!!!!" so...one thing lead to another, the owner replied to me, and my mom offered to get her for me as my christmas gift!
      so we bought her!

My first and only lati. WELL
      as ADORABLE as she is, i have my iffy moments...it helps that i didnt pay for her but i still feel weird about her. She needs a new wig, and id LIKE a new faceup one of these days from Andreja but there is something about her that just doesnt fit in. luckily, she has very light lips which is why i loved her so much because most tan pirate belles have DARK lips which i hated. but her eyebrows and eye makeup are just not as great as id like....so i still somewhat feel impulse remorse, sometimes i love her, sometimes im like....WELL shes worth good money so maybe ill sell her later...or save for a faceup. *sigh*

6. Maybe a few tweaks are all you need? A face-up by someone you admire might be just the ticket to make her perfect, well along with a wig as you said. I'm not trying to tell you what to do by any means, but a new face-up can be a good way to try to breathe new life into an iffy purchase ;)

7. I've neve bought a doll on impulse, but I have bought doll clothes on impulse. xD
      I was at an anime con, and they had a booth selling BJD clothes. I found this cute little skirt, and just..bought it. Luckily it was only $5. xD I'm not sure what I was thinking at the moment. "Bijou would look so cute in this!". ...he won't wear it. :(
      Hopefully I can get a girl soon, haha.

8. I'm not exactly an impulse buyer, but I'm the kind that knows when something is perfect for me in a moment. My instinct has never failed me (up till now at least :lol: ). But I do give it some thought before I buy, if I buy at all...

9. I do this CONSTANTLY. I bought a new doll, after six or seven years, my last paycheck.. Then had a serious accident and am on medical leave a whole month. Now I'm all: OHGOD. But.. don't REALLY regret buying her at all.

10. Ah man I am trying so hard not to impulse buy right now. I have absolutely fallen in love with a doll. I have to pay for school next month! I can't afford to get a 600$ doll!
      Though I m sure I wont last. Here's hoping I don't impulse buy.

11. Impulse buy..hmm...oh yes, I did impulse buy an Esthy Rad head from Distant Memory as a birthday present to myself. Now I'm facing the problem of finding a body for him -.-;; I have no idea whatsoever what is going on in my mind as I placed an order for him.

12. I think I'm terrible at this >.< I currently have 3 dolls on layaway, all impulse buys and frankly...the longer its taking me to pay them off the less and less I think it is worth it. I think it was more of the price and the spur of the moment hat made me want them but jeez it is killing my wallet and I really need to look into things better before committing :p

13. For a doll... i don't think i ever did impulse buying.. beside financial reason, i always thought do i really like the mold and closed the website for a day. If in couple days i still think about the doll, i'll save some money to buy one.

For doll items.. it's different story. My impulse buying could run amok sometimes if i added all doll items that i bought in couple months, maybe i could buy a doll with that money... ..sadly but true.... *sighs*

14. My impulse buys are all sold ~_~ even my dolls I saved for, I feel regret at times though. Some days I look at my collection, and think.. Why am I buying any of these? Then I'll find a new wig or outfit and am in love all over again and forget regrets xD This hobby works way too well with impulses. Everything is pretty! Limiteds are the worse you almost have to be impulsive cos you could miss your chance! Guh

15. I have some impulse buys. When I ordered my girl Jayden it was sorta in this sorta trance. Partially because if I had been thinking about what I was doing, I wouldn't have done it. Everyone else was thought about at least some what before I ordered them. Jayden was as well but I was so sure I wasn't going to order her yet...then I ordered her. >.< Then I recently bought a head for my girlfriend. That was really impulse. She'd been asking me for it for a while and then she was worried someone else would buy it. So without thinking I contacted the person and bought it. ^^;;

DDE's layway makes impulse buying very tempting to. I was on their site and just looking at the Pukipukis and clothes in that size, since I have a DZ Momo coming and they look about the same size. Well I found the cutest little hoodie. And they had one of my favorite pukipukis in stock... And an adorable wig... I managed to resist. For now. lol

16. Well, as I have a RL family and I'm a person of average working class means then , other than a blue ResinSoul Ai which I later sold, impulse buying dolls is usually out of the question. Most of the dolls ...mainly various limiteds, which I would have love to have bought on impulse have simply been beyond my means at the time and I've chosen not to Layaway as the financial commitment means missing out / cutting money short for more important things. However, it's been a different story when it comes to clothes, shoes, eyes, wigs & other accessories... much of which then later gets traded on Ebay :sweat

17. I hear you loud and clear. You are not alone. I have a few impulse buys in my collection and it has taken me every ounce of strength I have to just not buy the dollmore girl I want....chances are I'm going to end up ordering her on Friday anyway.

18. Well, I feel like my most recent purchase was an impulse decision, although that's not really accurate. I'd wanted the event head I purchased since it was first available nearly a year ago, but I didn't really start looking seriously except in the last month or so. But, I worked out my financials first, and decided I could afford it. I guess it felt more like an impulse buy because I asked at Junkyspot first, and didn't hear back for several weeks, and then I asked someone from the Marketplace who was the only one with my first choice color, and then when they said they'd sold that one, I immediately made a deal with someone who had my second choice and is in the same country. I thought everything through, it just moved much faster than I'd planned. The body was a bit of an impulse buy, too, but Junkyspot had a pre-order thread, and if I waited, I might miss my chance.

Actually, the impulse buy worked out better for me - if I'd waited to hear back from the first person I asked, I would have probably ended up spending more, because I did get a better deal, and if I'd gotten the skin color I wanted at first, I would have bought a much more expensive body.

I suppose that getting Alice's head was an impulse decision, too, but I knew I'd probably get some doll stuff at the Parabox store, and she was only 1800 yen. Plus, I was on vacation, and that really wasn't that much for a souvenier.

19. I bought my twin tan MNF Els on impulse ... and my Breakaway. :o Not very typical for me, since usually I just drool and don't buy a doll. I do buy other things on impulse, like an oriental rug or shoes (either for myself or for the dollies). :doh

20. I might occasionally do it for smaller items, but I've learned through the years not to buy anything without proper sleep! With dolls, because of the price, I force myself to wait at least a week before making a decision, even if I have the money. If I still feel the same way about the doll after more than a week, I'll probably get it, especially if it's a limited. If it's not limited, I always feel like I have time to get it later.