1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion on anthropomorphic dolls?

Apr 4, 2017

1. I like some anthros more than others. Zuzu Delfs and Dearmines are pretty cute, as are Pipos smaller dolls. I like a lot of Soom's zoo-morphic dolls. I'm not fond of the completely human with a cartoonishly large animal head look. I don't like over sized heads in general. Like others have said, human and animal ears is a bit odd looking. I have a Pukisha with pointed human ears and a Dollmore Wendy with a human body and face with a fishy head. I adore them, and would love to own another of DZ/DC small anthros in the future. Otherwise I generally don't love most anthro dolls enough to want to own one.

2. I've always loved anthropomorphic animals. I suspect Beatrix potter had something to do with it. I never wanted ananthropomorphic bjd though until I saw my boy Kit (Luts Model Delf Leo) and I was smitten. So far he's the only one I want though.

3. Hmm....never had an issue with them, and quite like some in particular, especially cat-themed ones. Being an animal lover, I never really thought to be bothered at all by them (although some combinations can definitely be...odd:XD:).

As stated before, I love me some anthropomorphic catgirls. :love Although I don't plan to go crazy and buy up every single one I come across (I do have very selective tastes, and I have to have a character for every BJD that comes in), I do especially love the awesome variety of looks for feline-human hybrids that are being produced.

I've got a Dearmine Angel, who I plan to make into an anthropomorphized version of my dear feline friend Pacifica when time will permit me. I'll go the full nine yards, dyeing her resin to match my kitty's gray color, add the creamy patches to resemble her diluted tortie spots, and even give her the cute little eyebrows in the same fashion that Pacifica actually has (yes--my cat has eyebrows...or patches of cream that look like eyebrows anyways :lol:).

In other words: anthropomorphic bjds are :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea:3nodding:

4. I like all kinds of weird anthro dolls, though right now I only have one, an OT rabbit. The cute style ones remind me of the animal figurines I had as a child, and the very strange or realistic ones are so different and creative that I'm fascinated by how people style them. I may yet get some more YoSD or tiny anthro dolls but for now, I admire from afar.

5. Even though I love Egyptian mythology, I don't like animal head on human body dolls. They look very strange to me. Human heads with some animal attributes like fins or animal ears are less strange. I also like Akhmel's alien creature dolls. But it just seems so weird to have a cat head, for example, on a busty human body, and have the cat head have a faceup with eyebrows and cheek blushing like a human would. At least Soom's Ignim had the cat head an obviously different resin color, with blushing that looked like a stylized mask.

6. I'm a bit picky with them XD I really love Dearmine dolls for example, but some anthro dolls look odd to me.

7. I really like Dearmine Picasso bean! So cute and small!

8. I like bugs. Dolls with buggy attributes are super cool, I always want them right away. 5Stardoll Jadite is a perfect example of what I like- cute, but also sorta body horror too. Same with DC Elizabeth.

Cat girls and the like are too moe anime uwu for me most of the time. If I’m getting anthropomorphic bjds I’m getting them for the creepy factor

9. They can be really cute, specially those from Dear Mine and Luts, I like the ones 1/6 sized or smaller. In fact I have 2, a giraffe (Dear Mine Agrippa) and a bat (Dear Mine Lupin).
      The ones that are bigger and more human than animal (like only a lion face in a completely human body) are not for me in terms of aesthetics.

10. I agree with them either being really cool or really ugly. Really it depends on the face mold for me. Some I love, and some... not so much.

11. I love them but I don't like ones that are like, just an animal head on a human body (like that IOS sculpt with the wolf head) because I think it looks awkward. Full anthro though, or half animal half human dolls I love!

12. I love them! It does depend on how animal-like they look, though. I just think they’re cute :)

13. I love them! In general I find dolls that deviate from a "normal" human anatomy to be more interesting. I mean anatomically correct human dolls are beautiful in their own right, but I find myself intrigued by dolls with more fantastic bodies. I just might need to pick myself up a SIO2 bleater! I love the little sheepy kid.

14. Anthropomorphic stuff isn't really my thing, but I can appreciate the work placed into it all.

Most what I do dip into for characters have only been animal attributes and if it makes sense for the whole overall.

15. I adore them! Especially anthropomorphic rabbit and cat sculpts. I don't have any currently, but I know one of these days I'm just going to cave in and get one. :lol:

16. I like the idea of them, but I haven't fallen in love with one yet.

......I want an anthro horse....

17. I love them! Many bjd's have a slightly alien/"other" look to them. The blend of that with recognizable animalian features is charming, and often gives a bit more interest and character to a sculpt that otherwise could feel generic.

In particular, the smaller anthro rabbits, cats, and other small furry mammals are my favorites.

18. My Spirit doll Bastets have a family of Calico critter kittens...

19. The ones that are whimsical and chubby, like you might see in a kids’ book, are adorable to me, but I don’t like the ones that have a lot of humanoid definition in the body—especially the ones that are supposed to be sexy.

20. They're generally not my thing, but never say never in this hobby!

(...if I were to ever get one it'd be Whispering Grass' Manuna Mouse or Mr. Ropuha.)