1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions about Obitsus - Pros and Cons?

Sep 3, 2006

1. Taco would you mind doing me a HUGE favour and taking photos of how you attached your head to the obitsu body?? I can't figure it out for love nor money :<

Seek peace

Carol

2. My roommate's the one with the camera and she and her camera are out of town until Sunday night. Until then (if no one else had pics), I can try and describe it at least...

There should be a little plastic washer like thing that came with the obitsu, if you don't have it, I know the CP neck-washer-like things work too (I think a regular washer would also work). Now, there's the peg that comes out of the neck that attaches the head. It's a hard plastic piece that sticks up through the neck hole. You need to set the head on the neck, pull up on the plastic peg piece (you may need pliers), and slip the washer thingy around it--this is what holds the head on. When the washer is around it, push the neck piece down until only the top peg is showing. The next issue is what to do with the head cap. You can take a rubberband, hook it to the head cap and then wrap it around the peg. I also taped around the outside of the headcap with masking tape just to be safe.

3. Oh no! Why do they fit in that category?

I've always thought I'd like one, but they look like they have weird shaped feet.

4. The feet are the only thing I don't like. George's feet are sort of amorphous, not beautifully done like his hands. I always wondered why they didn't give them as much attention but I can only guess its because 99% of the time they're in shoes.

5. My Tzana is a 2 part Ball Joint Obitsu Ball Joint Type. Yes her feet are not exactly pretty but then again neither are mine. I love her poseability. Her waistbands are usually elastic because she has a wasp waist and Thunder thighs. Her thighs are actually larger than her hips. Never the less, I love her dearly and take her with me to most places that I would take one of my dolls. Her internal "bones" are fragile and will break with pressure but they are easily and quickly replaced. It is much easier swaping out her body styles than with a resin bjd. I have one body and two heads, both Haruka and both heads have a permanent neck piece so that changing heads is literally a snap.
      She can wear Most MSD shoes. All round she is a wonderful doll and I would recommend her to anyone.

6. I'm very fond of my Circe. My only worry is that her vinyl head stains easily. I'm planning on getting her a professional face-up in the new year, because I've never been that happy with the ones I've given her.

Yes, her legs are long, but I've also not seen anyone mention how cool her magnetic feet are: she just stands really nicely on her metal disk, or any metal surface, which I find a real bonus :)

Lucy

7. I don't think it's fair to say the are not real BJD's, i mean, they're not resin, but they are made in japan and can do anything a resin doll can do. also they're lighter and more poseable:)

but what do i know- I dont even own a resin doll yet :(

8. I've got an Obitsu Haruka, Paige, and I adore her. My mom, LadyBoleyn, has an Elfdoll Ryung head on an Obitsu body, and it looks great too. Perfect match between the resin and vinyl. They pose beautifully. I love their body, but finding clothes can be a pain in the butt. Usually I just make them things myself.

I had a couple of DD2s as well, but their posability didn't impress me. And their feet always fell off, which drove me crazy.

9. I have a "Lutsu" Lishe - CP/Luts Lishe head on a ball joint obitsu body. I attached the head as described above by Taco (it definitely requires pliers) but I attached the head cap with little thin rolls of eye wax that I warmed in my hands and applied to the inside edges front & back, then just squished the head cap down over that. Any excess that squeezes out can be removed easily. It's holding fine.

The Obitsus pose and stand amazingly well. The resin dolls are more satisfying to hold. Which is more important to you? I have (so far) one of each, so I have the best of both worlds.

I was interested to see your thread, becauseI was just looking on both DoA and eBay for clothes made to fit the Obitsu body, and there isn't much out there. I think you would be filling a real need!

10. I started out on that forum too when Emery first opened it and I had wanted to get a 60 cm obitsu. BUT I was just going to get her as a 'filler' doll since I was really in love with a Volks doll. I talked to some other people about it and they told me I should wait and get the doll I was in love with.
      I am soooo glad I did. Even though she cost almost double an obitsu I have to say I love her . Obistus seem to be ( to me) kinda delicate as in easy to break. I dont like their figures too "action figure" looking. I am also not interested in the huge bust look either. Their joints also look kinda weak. BUt this is just all my opinion . I am sure there are some pretty ones out there I just dont like the way they look without their clothes.
      As far as sewing for them , I am sure if you made custom outfits and put them up on ebay they would sell. I always see obistu only clothes sell ...

11. Thanks for the help ^^:aheartbea

12. the one you have a link of is called a Ball Jointed Obitsu, the bust part is soft {squishy} and I will tell you that they are very slender and may have a problem finding some clothes to fit.
      And being vinyl they will tend to stain alot easier so you have to watch darker clothes.
      You can put a resin head on the bodies, except for the newer Luts ver.2 heads, they don't fit well..and tend to look hunched because the head will sit quite low on the neck.
      Now if it was the 2part obitsu, the newer heads fit better as their upper torso is hard plastic and the head sits better on the neck, though I am not sure if you can switch them.
      I have two resin heads on 2 part obitsu bodies and i think they look pretty good.

of course you could always go with a Dollfie Dream body they are about the same price.

13. jeez you are smart ^^ thanks
      lol I think you should be a freakin mod >< you are very helpful

14. I don't own one, but a friend of mine does. I was really impressed with how the new Obitsu body holds poses, and it is very lightweight, so if you carry it around with you a lot you'll appreciate that.

Linda S.
      galatia9

15. LOL..thanks...its just I have two 2 part bodies right now, and have tried the one you are looking at...oh also that model tends to squeak in the joints until it get loosened up.

I also have only tried the Pale bodies, and that color seems to match well with, CP heads..even the the Nanuri flesh color.
      Now I just got in a Soom Kyrie NS head and it looks like she would match too.

I can't vouch for Volks, Latidoll, etc..as I have never seen them...together with an Obitsu body..but I will say they do not match CP BW, or DZ white, or Soom creamy white.

If you get one and need an idea to put a head on I have pic I can show you how...its easy..but you need a Luts neck piece..and a rubber band or an elastic....there is also a thread with a link to a video on how to put a resin head on a Dollfie Dream which is very useful.

16. I really like obitsus--the way they look and their fantastic posing. If you're worried about staining, you can clear coat the body to help protect it. Some resin heads fit better than others--it depends on how big they are (just because several dolls are all 60 cm, doesn't mean their heads are all the same size). Take a look in the gallery sections for obitsus, so you can see what different heads look like on them. The ball jointed body has the prettiest joints (that's the one I have), but the older joints (while not as attractive) have a larger range of motion.

17. Well, I would also caution buying a doll you don't care for. On the other hand, I was given an Obitsu ball jointed style bodie, and it's my "transitional" body. I use it so that I don't have rolling heads, while I'm getting their "real" bodies.

What I don't like about obitsu is that they are so stiff, as opposed to normal bjds, which flop around and move on their own a bit. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't suggest buying them if you don't Love them already. Just think, If you save up for an Obitsu, your halfway toward a lot of other dolls! (I'd definately choose one Elfdoll or Dream of Teen to two Obltsu...)