1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions about Obitsus - Pros and Cons?

Sep 3, 2006

1. Yukihotaru and seastar 487: They have tons of personality despite looking so simple. They pose so amazingly that they can express tons of emotions. I had a great time posing my friends obitsu that still had a blank head before I decided to get one of my own. Even with the blank head, the doll had a wonderful personality and is definitely underestimated.

Abbeymore
      : You might want to get a male friend to help you push in the joint. My dad had trouble getting the joint on at first until he figured out the twist. Once the joint snaps on though, it is amazingly difficult to get back off. You may want to check that the body is not getting in between the socket and post.

2. I have 2 resin dolls as well as one Obitsu (LeFay) and one Dollfie Dream. I love my Obistsu just as much as my resin dolls. I have been costuming for LeFay a lot these past weeks. She stands for days with clothes pinned on her. She is easy to place in a pose and she holds it forever. She rarely falls, and sustains no damage when she get tipped over (pesky cat!). They have a lot of body language. They also currently have 8 heads available from Junkyspot, with 2 more poised for release. That's a lot of options! It is hard to decide on a doll without ever touching it or seeing it IRL, but I am really happy with my LeFay. I am looking forward to seeing the new male body that should be released in April.
      Susan

3. I have the bjd Obitsu. I don't know how I didn't find this thread before! I purchased a gothloli dress meant for DD and it fits (little bit short...but only a little). I don't actually have any other clothes for her right now. I want to make it clear that she is very good quality. The seams are only visable in a couple spots, not joking! The feel is great, her abdomen and chest are soft vinyl. I also think that they don't yellow as much as other dolls can.

4. ooh---I fogot to add that they are soo poseable! I could pose Reira for hours! <(^_^)>

5. Add me to the list of people who like the Obitsu. I have a Friend Gretel, who has an Obitsu ball-jointed two-part soft torso. I've had problems with staining on hands, head and soft torso, but I do not care that much because her clothing can cover up the stains. I really enjoy her poseability and portability. I use much more casually than I do my resin dolls because I know that she is not so breakable. Here is a link to a photostory of Jennifer doing laundry. You can see her flexibility and balance here:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120845

--MW

6. I was very close in having a obistsu gretel head and body ^_^;; but when I saw the body..I couldnt get over the fact over the large ball joints.. >_<;; but I do think of having one later on..but after I get my first abjd

7. U changed again Kokoro-chan? Wot type of BJD r u looking for now? (pm to not spam the thread, how r u doing <- off topic)

Anyway. I dunno personally i'm not too fond of the Obitsu joints but i would be more interested if the boy obitsu's didn't look like action men so much and a 60cm or 40cm one would be interesting to see (i mean male)

8. Just wanted to say a quick thankyou to FuniLori and Delbelcoure for your help and support with Lottie's leg. Hugs :)
      I have taken her to bits, rebuilt her (NOT easy!!) and that joint sticking out slightly is the problem for sure but I can't get it back in :( My husband tried too (brute force and ignorance approach - 'why didn't you tell me she cost 200 bucks before I squished her?!!') but it won't budge. So I will let my friend have a go when I see her next weekend and hopefully she will be able to pop it back in.
      In the meantime Lottie is resting up, refusing to stand up or pose in any way LOL:roll: Dolls eh?! I still love her, wonky leg and all.

9. being the friend in question.... <<<looks worried>>> ok so any extra tips on how anyone?

10. I know I keep saying it, but the key is the gentle twisting action as you give it a good shove.

Good luck!

11. I am trying to diagnose her problem as I sit here holding LeFay. Is her leg loose at the hip? like where the leg sticks on the post sticking out of the torso?
      Susan

12. yes that's it. her left leg post is not all the way into the joint so the leg swings. I have tried pushing, and every kind of twist. making sure skin is out of the way at the same time. it just won't budge. I am hoping that if sue shoves it while I hold skin back and we kind of twist her together (!) that might work better.

13. And this is the BJD body? Huh. I can gently (yet firmly) pull and twist LeFay's leg off and the put it back on is a similar fashion. Have you tried heating the leg joint with a blow dryer, then push/twisting it on?
      Susan

14. They're alright, really. But I remember being creeped out when I read that some of them now come with soft busts--soft, oversized busts. I don't see the point in that (or, to be fair, movable male parts), but that's just me.

15. ooh, no, I haven't tried heating it. I will give that a go tommorrow - thanks!! :) I can't get the leg to come off at all but I didn't really try just in case I snapped something! at least if I can get it off I should be able to see where the notches are that need to line up. She is still fairly new so her joints are all stiff and squeeky still bless her! Thanks so much (hugs)

16. I don't got anything against 'em and I think it's a great way to start your own collection, though i must say that their albows are one of the ugliest things I've seen (sorry owners), it seems to unfinnished from my point of view.

I think that their pose abilities are awsome, and you can really get some great poses out of 'em, though I don't think I'll ever buy any

17. :aheartbea :love mine arrives in less than 2 weeks!
      soooo excited -- my first bjd:love :aheartbea :fangirl:

18. My 60cm BJD with the big bust is on her way from Hong Kong! :: bites fingernails cause I want her now LOL :: Of course, the eta has her coming in while I'm out of town on vacation :doh LOL

19. My little sister has an obitsu. She's lovely! Her posability is incredible and her faceup is so realistic. Everyone likes to take pictures of her^^ She's got quite the personality.

As for clothes, I made a kimono for her form a SD pattern and the length was right, but it was much to bagy on her small frame lol.

20. [​IMG]
      I love her face but a bit iffy on the squishy torso LOL
      :)