1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Obitsu Haruka doll

Oct 4, 2005

1. The three-part and the two-part dolls have identical skeletal structures inside. The abdomen of the three-part doll comes in two parts moulded from hard vinyl, whereas the abdomen of the two-part doll comes in one piece and is moulded from a soft, flexible vinyl that allows for free movement and poseability whilst looking aesthetically more pleasing.

Personally I feel the three-part-body looks more "clunky", so all my Obitsus are 2-part dolls, but some people don't like the feel of the soft vinyl. It depends really on how you intend to dress the doll.

Tattoos painted onto the soft vinyl look more realistic than ones painted on hard vinyl, incidentally - when I get back to London next week (I'm currently in Wales!), I'll take photos of the customisation of my boy, Taliesin, who will have celtic knotwork tattoos.

2. Thanks you guys!!

So I've ordered a 3-part body, as I prefer the "hardness" factor, and I'm not worried about a lot of skin showing.

I'm not sure how I'll dress her exactly, but probably Lolita or GothLoli or Streetpop style.

I'll post pics in the Gallery when I get her finished!

Junkyspot is a dream to deal with! You pay by paypal, and shipping is SO reasonable!
      Hahah!

This is my first Obitsu girl, what fun!

Raven

3. Just to let folks know; I've assembled Taliesin and given him a faceup. You can see pictures of his faceup here on the Gallery, but here's a preview:

[​IMG]

4. This is probably a dumb question...but do you use the same kinds of materials to face these up as you would a regular resin doll? Can faceups be cleaned off if you screw up as easily?

(There's probably a forum for vinyl dolls that could answer this better, but since the only dolls I've ever liked were BJDs, I wouldn't know where to go. :D )

Thanks in advance for the info.

Rae

5. I use the same materials on both resin and vinyl - chalk pastels, watercolour pencil to sketch in the eyebrows, and acrylics. I use Windsor & Newton Galeria artists' acrylics; others use Liquitex - both are just as good as each other in my experience.

I use Windor & Newton Acrylic Flow Improver or Liquitex Extender Medium to thin the paint and make it more opaque; I paint a layer of Windsor & Newton Iridescent Medium over the top to make it glittery (great effect for eyeshadow, etc).

The only difference is I don't seal faceups on vinyl; in my experience it's not necessary, and anything you use isn't likely to dry properly and will go tacky. To remove faceups, use acetone as you would with resin and make sure you rinse with plenty of clear running water afterwards, as it will soften and dissolve the vinyl if left too long.

Hope that all helps!

6. Arkady--your new boy is so cute! What size eyes is he wearing? I know they said to use 16mm... but...

7. Thanks, Arkady for the great info! I just wasn't sure.

Rae

8. Size 16mm, as the site said. I ordered a set of green Jeton 16mm acrylic eyes (RSD-16-GR) for Tal at the same time as I ordered him. I've since swapped them out for a set of cornflower blue 16mm glass eyes (Serendipity Shall defaults; Talula isn't best pleased!) which suit him far better.

You could probably also use 14mm, but you'd need a little eye putty - the inside of the vinyl head has little "cups" that hold 16mm eyes snuggly without need for putty.

9. Yeah, I tried to put 18mm into the cups but they didn't fit too good... >_< Looks like I have to order more eyes >_<

10. Thanks for the eye info... one day I must get a Haruka head. :)

11. I'm surprised by this mold as she actually look pretty sweet, and coming from me it means something. *_*

I have a couple of questions though, what mold is she on the Junky Spot's site? There is a bunch of heads in the 60cm section but I'm not sure which one she is. :oops:

Also the full limited Haruka is $550 while you can buy her head for $18.50 (I'm still stunned about that one) AND a body for $229.99??! :o

WOW

What do you know, one day I may just get a SD size girl, something I never thought would happened in a million year.

12. I think it's because the full set comes painted w/ eyes, clothes, wig etc. etc. Which is funny since for the same price you could buy a regular resin doll. Or at least a LE Mini.

13. :)Would this head make a good vampire?

14. Did they discontinue Haruka??? I can't find her!!! I really want her head! She's the first Vinyl doll I actually LIKE!!!