1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions please: Pukifee or Littlefee

Nov 16, 2009

1. Gosh........... have them both now.
      LOL

(still hard to decide who is the favorite!!)

2. What is the LTF size in cm please? Sorry if this isn't the place to find out, but I'd really like to know!

3. I'm a Fairyland lover so I do have in all sizes, guess the best way to decide if there was a choice ... what size props do you have or what would be easier to get.
      I adore all the sizes to be honest. My LittleFee's go great with Barbie furniture but there rooms do take up lots of space where as the PukiFee's take up so much less.
      Hope that helped a little!

4. Teruchan the Littlefee size is 25cm also if you go to Fairylands web site you can find all the sizes of there dolls.

5. I would like to get a Puki.:aheartbea
      I've been reading about their posing abilities and that has really made me want one. Not to mention they are too adorable. My first choice would be a Realpuki but they are hard to get!
      So I'm thinking a Puki Puki or a Pukifee. I know you can put a Realpuki face plate on the Puki Puki but let me say right away I don't think I would. I've never seen it though so who knows!
      I am a newbie and I just can't seem to figure out the pros and cons of the two. Do you have a preference? Would you share it with me and tell me why? Do you have pictures to show what you love or maybe don't love about them? Any information would be greatly appreciated! I am getting into tiny dollhouses also, so I want to stay with this small size and I THINK either would work for a regular 1/12 dollhouse.
      Soooo Please help with Puki information!
      Thank you so much! :lol:

6. Hi! I would first say do lot's of looking in the Puki and Pukifee threads! Puki's don't have the double joints at the arms that pukifee's have. Pukifee's have big heads and can be top heavy. For a doll house I find that the Pukifee is just a bit to big, as a Puki is perfect. But if you really want a realpuki, go for it as it will be worth the wait! Good luck!

7. Thanks! I have looked until I'm cross-eyed lol but I did not realize that about the arm joint!

8. I have both puki and pukifee, and I personally am in the process of replacing pukis with pkf. The larger size of pukifee makes them easier to dress and handle. Also, most cameras have a difficult time focusing on the small face of a puki, so if you want to take close up shots and do not have a super nice camera, pukifee are better to photograph. Last, it is extremely easy to shop for pukifee! I have had much more luck getting clothing and shoes for pkf than puki.

However, you honestly can't go wrong with either. They are all so cute!

9. Because you said you hadn't seen one...here's a RealPuki Soso borrowing a PukiPuki body:

[​IMG]
      Soso on a PukiPuki Body Close-Up by julester3, on Flickr

I prefer PukiPuki...you can see that in my profile picture on the left. I just like the scale better. But that is just me!

10. I'm not much help because I love them both. However, if you are considering dressing possibilities Pukifee's are much easier to sew for and find cute clothing and shoes for. That is the downside to PukiPuki, it doesn't keep me from enjoying them though :)

11. Pukifees are fun size, that's all there is too it. They are my most played with dolls :) RPs are super cute too though quite difficult to dress and a little bit finicky to pose. I don't have any pukis so I can't comment there. here's a size comparison for you, RP in my pukifee's hoodie :)

[​IMG]

12. Both are lovely dolls, you'll be happy with either. Pukipuki or Realpuki is the right size for 1/12th scale miniatures, Pukifee are too big for that scale but you can find more clothes and wigs for Pukifees. Whichever you choose, don't worry, as they'll invite their friends along and before you know it you'll have both Pukis and Pukifees and Littlefees and..... you've been warned!!!!

13. I just had that debate with myself and decided on a Pukifee. I first fell in love with all the pictures of PukiPuki but I took a look at the Pukifee threads and decided that I would be able to make clothes and there seem to be TONS more wig, shoe, and clothing options for them. I also took into consideration that I wanted to try and do the face up myself and I wasn't sure if I could handle the tiny size.

After spending a lot of time looking at the Homes for Tines threads I saw that it is easier to find cute toys and furniture for pukipuki but there is also things for pukifee, you just have to look harder! I already have a to-buy list a mile long and I haven't even ordered mine yet :doh Here's some links to some cool (and fairly cheap) bedrooms for pukipuki http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wooden-Doll...030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e44406e6 and here you can see an awesome kitchen for pukifee http://www.jusum.com/blog/

14. :lol:Thanks bronzephoenix! I have noticed on my other BJD's that just a few centimeters does make a big difference in handling and dressing them..those little limbs tend to get away from me.
      And it does seem to be easier to find Pukifee clothes....Hmmmm......

15. Thank you!!! It's not bad is it? I still love the Realpuki most but maybe I could get my fix in the meantime with a hybrid. I didn't see any full body pics. Do you have any?:)

16. Well that's what I'm thinking too. It might be a fair trade-off. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!:)

17. Awww! This picture just melts my heart! I must have a :aheartbeaRealpuki:aheartbea
      I'm trying to see his little bitty tuft of hair floating straight up off his head. Hilarious!:fangirl:

18. Thanks for the warning! I suspect you are right about this.:dohI think I can't pick because I want them all!

19. Thankyou! I spent a lot of time on those last night. Those pods are beyond cool. Too bad it seems all the links are no good anymore. I couldn't find the designers recent work anywhere online.:...(

20. As someone who got a pukipuki as her first doll and loves them dearly, I'd suggest a PKF. If you want a fun doll that you can find a ton of different clothing and shoes for a PKF is what you want ;) The acessories for them aren't that hard to find either as I've discovered a lot of things are maybe a tad big for Puki's and too small for YO-SD's and suit PKF's perfectly!

It's frustrating for me to see all the ADORABLE clothes and shoe choices for PKF when the Puki size hinders certain styles of clothing, (jeans inhibit leg movement, sometimes the sleeves of a dress or top will make their arms go to odd angles). A friend of mine has a PKF and if I didn't have other dolls on my list I'd totally get one myself. :)