1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering Clothes Before Ordering your Doll?

Jul 2, 2010

1. I think that if you're sure your getting the doll or even if said doll is on the way. It's nice to have some clothes, even the most basic like a simple pair of underwear or shirt, waiting. Plus it adds to the excitement of a new 'family member' arriving :3 At least in my experience..

2. ...I just bought a tiny camera for a doll I haven't even decided on the sculpt for yet. And when I got Zin (my first doll), I bought clothes for him to wear that I actually intended to belong to a doll that I didn't have yet and wouldn't get for another four months.

So yeah. I do this. It sucked when Zin arrived and he had nothing to wear for a few weeks (until someone lovely here at DoA sent me a little care package for him)... but it sucked even more when the clothes I ordered for him (after I had him, mind you) didn't actually fit him. So be careful, I guess. Do your research! I guess I didn't do enough of it XD

3. If you see something you like, go for it! :) I ordered a few items and it's so much fun receiving small packages with tiny dresses, wigs, shoes, socks and skirts before my doll got here. It adds a lot to my excitement! Plus, if you're a crafty person, these tiny items can be a great help for size reference. I've knitted some things for my incoming doll and I'm pretty sure they fit! Once your doll arrives you'll have a great time trying everything on.

4. It can be handy, that way your doll isn't sitting there naked or bald. XD I purchased a wig for my doll just now, since I have 4 more weeks to go. Though I prefer to make my doll's clothes over buying them, as it costs too much money.. plus I have all of these scraps and have NO idea what to do with them. XDD; But at least she won't be bald when she arrives and I have an idea for an outfit already sketched out and the materials ready to go so I can get straight to work on it once she arrives.

5. I think it's best to order the clothes before you get the doll. If you think about it, the fact that the doll takes a month or more to arrive gives you plenty of time to find the right outfit. However, it also means that if you wait to get the outfit, you risk it being sold out by the time your doll gets there. I've bought the outfits for my dolls before they've gotten to me because it would kill me to see that the "perfect outfit" is gone by the time I get my doll.

6. I say go for it. I like to have a new outfit waiting (bought or made) for every new doll, even though mine do swap clothes to a degree. It also helps me come up with a character while I'm waiting.

7. I like having clothing for when the doll arrives, so they can be clothed. If I already have an idea on the character, I just buy clothing I feel they would wear for them so they have their own things when they arrive.

8. i ordered few clothes before i even get an answer if i win this volks event.
      thing is... i think i ordered wrong size xD
      but the clothes were so cute.!

it says SD xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. To me it's better to order clothes before having the doll. I don't like to get a new doll without having anything for her at the moment, I don't like to have a doll naked or bald. I think it's better to prepare her arrival. Usually I'll start to buy things for a new doll once I placed the order for it, because of the processing time, I have the time to collect some things before she will be on her way home.

10. For the question as posed within this thread, ordering clothes before the doll arrives? I think that's a good idea, so your doll doesn't have to sit around naked or in improvised clothing for a while. As long as you know what sizes can be expected to fit that doll, and order within those sizes, I see nothing wrong with it and would certainly encourage it. My first doll had to hang out in improvised clothes for a long time, and a lot of them still get "stuck" with some slightly-ill fitting clothes from a discontinued children's doll line, but at least they have something and will get their handmade stuff eventually.

For the question as posed in the title, ordering before you order the doll at all? I think it's a terrible idea. Plans can change. Budgets can change. You might order an adorable YO-size outfit for that cute YO-doll you want, and then completely fall for an SD and order that instead. You might order a couple of nice outfits, and then your car breaks down and you need the money for repairs instead of ordering the doll to fit them. You might order a beautiful dress and then have your heart stolen by a manly male sculpt. You might be torn between two companies, and discover the one you finally ordered doesn't actually fit the clothes you spent money on. Ordering clothes before ordering the doll is a trap for a lot of problems; better to wait until that doll's ordered.

11. Sometimes I use measurements from the manufacturer or other sized dolls to have a little outfit for them when they come home, but I order the doll before I get started on that.

12. I ordered my doll last December, and after about one and a half months of waiting I got him some trousers, a jumper, shoes , eyes and a wig! I think it's a good idea to have an outfit ready for when the doll arrives. Maybe just a shirt and trousers or a top and skirt for a girl. When I got my boys shoes I was so surprised at how big they are! they are correct for his size, they just look so huge!

13. Wow! It's been a long time since i posted this question!
      It's funny to see how it's still active.
      Anyway i ordered my doll full set.
      And i also ordered a spare outfit at the same time:sweat

14. LOL I had an Iplehouse JID and sold her but kept her gown. I also have now 3 other outfits her size. So right now I do not have the doll that size and do have the clothes. I do have another JID on layaway. So yes, I have put the cart before the horse at times.

15. I don't have clothes for my doll, which is on the way to me. And I am really unhappy about it, because she will arive, and she wil have nothing. No wig, no clothes, no boots..just nothing :/ I think, that I made a mistake, because she will be naked and I don't know, when I will have some money and time for buying clothes :(

16. I like to purchase clothes with the doll or while I'm waiting so I can have the doll "complete" when it arrives. I wouldn't purchase clothes before I had the doll on order just in case I changed my mind.

17. I've done this before and it hasn't been smart. The clothes I bought for my boy were too small. But still I can't help myself. Once I order a doll, even if I don't have it yet, I go around buying clothes for him/her that I like and think would suit him/her. Has worked, sometimes not.

Once I bought a fantasy outfit for a kid delf boy from Luts, planning to later buy a kdf Ani boy. But that still hasn't happened. The outfit is just... waiting someone in my drawer.

18. I plan on ordering clothes for my doll before she arrives. I would prefer that she would be able to have something to wear rather than having to wait for clothes. If somethings don't fit, or her style is different, I can always sell the clothes and order ones that fit her personality better. At least she will not be naked in the meantime!

19. If I'm certain of the size, I'll order clothes. Especially if I know the measurements of the specific item I might be eyeing. So far, I've bought dresses and shoes for my first and only 60cm sized girl. And everything I ordered fit. So that was good. However, I'm a little more on the fence when it comes to ordering for my incoming super gem. I don't know if I should order clothes for a 60cm doll or would it be better to go for something more fitting of 70cm sized dolls? Ohhhh, the struggle!