1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering Clothes Before Ordering your Doll?

Jul 2, 2010

1. I have already shoes, eyes and wigs before my dolls are there ^^
      Only clothes I make on my own. I already sewed lots of stuff for my pullip dolls..

2. I did purchase a couple of clothing items for my doll even though she's not going to be here for at least another month. After collecting Pullips for a few years I realized I couldn't stand having a naked body laying around waiting to be fully clothed. I also bought clothing to get used to the size my doll will be wearing when she arrives. I'm so used to Barbie sized clothing, I didn't expect that the clothes for my BJD would be so big. I can't even imagine SD size clothing.

3. Aaaand, when my doll arrived, the clothes I sewed for her turned out to be too small! (Good thing I didn't spend much on the fabric.)

Yet another good reason to have the doll in hand (or at least another doll of the exact same brand/size). I had a good idea of how big 26cm was, but you can't just "eyeball it" with sewing.

4. I usually have clothes coming at the same time, so theyre at least clothed when they arrive. Hopefully I can keep this trend up for my next dolls!

5. I was actually thinking about this recently as I saw an outfit set that would be nice for one of my future dolls.
      The only things that I had bought for Nadeko before I ordered her (waaaaaaaaaaay before) was a pair of eyes and a spare pair of hands. I decided not to swap her eyes out but some other doll with use them eventually and they were cheap so it's not really a loss. I did have some clothes for her that ended up being too big but I'm pretty sure it came for free with something else that I bought or it was a gift, and I ended up giving it to a friend of mine so even if I did buy them it turned out ok.
      After she had shipped, I ordered her an outfit set from the MP though and I'm really glad that I did because she didn't get any other clothes for about a year ^^;
      I think it's a a good idea to have something for your doll before they come (especially if you know that they are coming in nude) but not too many things and not anything too expensive just in case it doesn't fit.

6. What i normally do is i will keep a set of casual default clothes at home for new dolls when they come, only after they arrive will i really start looking for clothes for him that will best suit his character and personality. The default set of clothes are just there so that my dolls are not naked before their real clothes arrive. But there have been some cases that i already have the clothes ready for them when they arrive as i already have a character in mind for them when i ordered them online.

7. If you're making him for a character I think it's ok! I know what doll I want one of my characters to be, I haven't bought him yet, but I bought tons of clothes XD But even if not, other dolls can wear those clothes if you really like them. Even if they're clothes a character wouldn't wear, if you like them, what's the harm?

8. I think its a great idea to have clothes waithing for them, it helps you "bond" faster with them