1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering many dolls at once?

Nov 29, 2007

1. I can see why some people might having a problem bonding with multiple dolls arriving at once. Your attention is split between them, you might favor one over the other. I have sometimes bought one while waiting for another to arrive - it takes the edge off of waiting, but it is distracting. Instead of spending the waiting time planning all kinds of stuff for the one new doll, switch to thinking about the other, and for me one usually ends up with more excitement and attention.

But I guess it's up to the individual.

Carolyn

2. I don't think morals or ethics come into the picture at all ^^;; Just a personal preference.

For me, I actually really dislike having many dolls arrive around the same time, because not only do I have little time to spend 'bonding' or taking photos of it, sometimes you lose the excitement of a new arrival, since you've had a few arrivals... There have been occasions for me where I don't even bother to touch them for a while aside from inspecting the contents to see if anything's damaged.

Sadly, most of my dolls have arrived within a very short span of each other, because almost all of my dolls are time limited and I've been 'forced' to buy them then, since I don't want to pay secondary market prices. I have a bunch of heads that don't even have names yet >_>

3. Hmm. I didn't order multiple dolls at once, but they did land at the same time. I ordered my first doll in October of '05, and my second Jan of '06. They arrived within a day of each other (why, yes, the first one WAS ordered from Tensiya! :lol: )

So I had two very different dolls (an SA Hound and a Chiwoo) land within 24 hours, and they were the first bjds I'd ever seen in person. I had no trouble flipping out over both of them, heheh. But I could see how having multiple dolls arrive when you already have a crew at home might be a little overwhelming.

4. LOL, I remember arguing the bonding issue a year ago with my best friend. She ordered her first boys within a week of each other, and I was all like 'no, you need to bond with your first boy first!' LOL That was a year ago. It used to be that I waited months in between purchases, and then last January I ordered 3 within a week of each other. It snowballed from there. Now I've moved into the ordering floating heads arena, so I've ordered heads within days of each other, and then it's a scramble to get their bodies together, so now it always feels like there's new guys incoming all the time *looks around for a brake--none in sight* so yeah, ethically, I no longer have an argument against it. Now I feel bad if I see a doll alone, cause they all need friends. In fact, this Christmas I went and bought an MSD for someone very very close to me, so their doll will no longer be alone :) LOL

5. I used to think that if you order them to soon tou wont bond but I think its a perfect opurtunity to bond!
      I mean I had 2 dolls that I just couldnt bond with at all. Then I bought 2 more and I hit it off straight away xD
      I don't think it makes much of a difference. Infact you could even get so attached to the first you reject the idea of another xDD.
      But I am having trouble nameing 3 heads that just zoomed my way xD

Andway Im blabbering again ...

6. Well, we shall see then! I'm glad that people haven't had troubles bonding with more than one new arrival, that makes me feel much better because I was quite concerned! So I shall have to see what happens when Grail and Paige arrive - they probably won't arrive together but within a short time so... :sweat I just hope Rai arrives first!!
      And I hope I don't struggle to bond with them O_O

7. I do not see anything wrong with getting multiple dolls at a time, if you want them and you can afford them.
      However, from my experience is that if you have not purchase a doll from that company and you have not seen many owners pictures of the dolls, it may be safer to buy one first. So you can see the quality of the doll before paying so much for the two of them (I have one that is looked great on the web site but the quality of the doll is not as good as I thought it should have been.) So that is my two cents.

8. My friend and I never thought about this too much, but were going to be ordering Dollzone BB Twins together. It's not to just have a doll though, there going to symbolize our friendship. Sorta like Friendship wings, you know?​

9. I got 4 in just 3 days. One is a head, but the other 3 are full dolls. One was paid for in Sept, and the other two last month. I love them all!

My Lion and artist doll came in yesterday, my Kumi today. My shiwoo head came in Thursday or wednesday, I forget.

10. I buy some of the higher priced dolls on layaway. Sometimes I have a doll on layaway and I add to that layaway. But I usually don't have two dolls arrive together or even in the same week or so. But it's only a personal issue with your own income, and your own bonding with the dolls.

11. Then again, it's a pain sometimes when you've carefully spaced your purchases... but somehow they all arrive the same day, anyway!!

Raven

12. Yup...I ordered my CH Lubi in early September, and then a few weeks ago I bought a Musedoll Ciel from someone here on DOA. They ended up both arriving on the same day! I was all gaga over Lubi since I had wanted her so badly, and waited such a long time for her; plus, she was a finished doll, faceup, outfit, everything. Poor Ciel languished in her box for a while...well, really, only for about a week. Then she got a new faceup too and new eyes and wig and now she is just as much loved as Lubi and the others. But yeah, I can only really bond with one at a time... but sometimes the doll companies, and the USPS, have plans of their own. :)

13. My first dolls came as a set (DOD Tender Too & Bee-a back in 2004), but since then I only bought dolls one at a time until recently - I bought 2 dolls from Angell-Studio because they are having a sale on their dolls until the end of the year. There were 2 dolls that I wanted, so I went ahead and ordered them at the same time. First I ordered the 2 heads and one body, and then about a month later when I had the money for the other body, I ordered that.

I haven't had any problems connecting with them. They each have their own personalities, and I love them all equally. Each one has a sentimental value to me for a different reason.

14. I think it is okay to buy how ever many dolls you wish at a time.

I plan on purchasing multipul dolls at two different times.
      one group is from different companies and the second group are going to be from a single company.
      All the dolls I am ordering are dolls I have been wanting for a while and I know that I will bond with them all
      I have purchased 2 dolls before in a close time together. While one was a head and the other a full doll. I grew attached to both and play with them all on a regular basis along with the rest of the other dolls I own.

15. I have a "wish list" of dolls I want to own. In a way, I have already bonded with them because I have given a lot of thought about them before deciding to put them on my list. I actually buy them when I can afford them. Last January, for example, I ordered three dolls from my list when I got an unexpected income tax refund. When they arrived, it's like they were long-lost family members rather than new dolls waiting to fit in. If I had a whole bunch of money, I'd order every single doll on my wish list today.

16. I believe its rather alright for people to get multiple dolls at one go, it might be a little difficult to bond with them all but after sometime the bonding will still sink it.

17. i feel that one doll alone is lonely too ;D so ordering 2 at once doesnt matter ;D

18. I don't see how it would keep you from bonding with them; I agree that it gives your doll an immediate friend and allows you a versatility in your storylines that only one doll doesn't.

Plus to some extent it can help you save on shipping, that's never bad :D

19. i think your friends are just looking out for you >_> I'm getting a bit tired of "it's no one's issue's but your own"

sounds like people who'd never look out for others :P

but anyway, i think if the two dolls are those that you had been pining for, then it'd probably be fine. But if the second doll is a "since i have money and he's pretty", then it might be a wee bit dangerous and the poor second might end up floating about in the market place for a new owner.

Some people really feel sad when they see the market place. Some are just annoyed to see non-bonding dolls being sold off so soon after their arrival.

trivial personal issues, but still. If it could be avoided, all the better.

20. I'd never thought of this! ^.^; I have a few coming home soon.....but I were to think it would be ok. I mean, then there are a coupel trying to get use to everything and in my case a coupel to help them all adjust to their new home ^.^ I'm alwase finding more out about my littel ones ^.^ so I dont think it will realy effect my bonding with any of them ^.^ well at least I REALY hope not! O.o

-Kira