1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering many dolls at once?

Nov 29, 2007

1. Well, my friends who mentioned it were concerned because the original conversations happened before I even had my first :sweat I fell in love with an A-S Vera :fangirl: but they advised me not to and... yeah, i was gunna, but had money problems ¬_¬ :sweat

The two i have coming now, are ones that are part of my 'family' so I hope I have no problem bonding because that would break the family ^_^ I doubt i'd ever sell them!!

You're right though hyscara, i think my friends were just looking out for me, not being mean or jealous, i don't think they wanted me to end up with two dolls i couldn't bond with and having to sell both and not want another one...

2. I've done the "two at once"-thing a few times (I like CP specials, even though the alternate heads that show up here have a bad habit of becoming individuals unto themselves, and not staying "spares". o_O) and it's not bad from a bonding point of view. Even with two, you can still spend enough time tinkering with each to get a good feel for what suits them and where they'll fit into your group.

More than two? Yeah... for me at least, that's when it gets hard. You don't have enough time to figure out one of them before you have to pay attention to another. I made the mistake of getting my Harangs right on the heels of my Miyu. When everyone finally got there, after all of the tinkering and trading around with the boys, I had five that I had to sit down and figure out, none of whom had pre-established characters that had worked out for them once I saw them "live". They obviously weren't who I'd intended them to be, and it took a long, long time for me to get comfortable with a couple of them. I nearly sold poor Chidori (the Miyu) because of it...

In the end, it did work out, and they're all solidly part of the crew now... but it's not something I'd do again. Figuring all of them out was more like work than like fun, and that defeats the purpose of having a hobby. :doh

So... do what's most comfortable. If you can handle two or three at once, have at it. If you want to get them one at a time, that's good too. You're the best judge of what works for you. Beyond that, don't sweat it. :)

4. I lost 150 in the early stages cause of not looking enough for the right doll. But i was able to cancel her and buy this other one i really wanted and im alot more careful since.

5. I don't see a problem ordering more than one doll at the same time. I transition through all my dolls.
      Currently I have my own christmas doll on order, a head for another doll, and my daughters doll, all coming at the same time, plus i'm looking at my first male doll. So they will all be around the same time period. So 4 face-ups, plus the new face-up I'm doing on a currently doll. Then it will be to figure eyes, wigs and clothes for those who are my own.
      I've only had one bonding issue with my first resin doll. I don't know why, but she's my first resin and I really wanted her. My DH spend 4 months paying for her as my christmas gift. I like her bunches, but the feeling is just not the same as with Kaylee (DZ Felian), or even with poor headless Dew (43 Bobobie who's Sprite head is coming soon).
      But I've taken time to choose my dolls carefully, so I know they are ones I really want, not just spur of the moment decisions.
      Good luck with your new dolls!

6. I don't think anything is 'wrong' with buying two or more dolls at once but I can only tell about my own experience. I ordered my first doll and then a bit later another one because I thought the doll would be lonely alone. And they arrived simultaneously. And I had a bit of difficulty bonding with them, probably because they were my first, and I didn't have experience as a doll-owner. But I felt as if they instantly locked on each other, they were *together* and I was an outsider, they didn't need me. But it was only a temporary feeling, once I started changing their default igs and eyes and making clothes for them, I got very close to them and there was no more problem.

7. I think there should be no problem in bonding with two or more dolls arriving home at once, it is just a matter of choosing them correctly, I mean, if you've equally fallen in love with both you will be looking forward them the same way. Anyway, I have no experience at all as I've just ordered my first BJD [bobobie Sprite] and I don't know how i'm gonna feel when she arrives. Maybe she will be asking desperately for a sister... ^^

8. I politely disagree with the first sentance :) I mean, honestly, my dollies right now were "Well, I have the money, and I've always admired my friends'.... so...." I mean, sure, no everyone is like me, but I think that you can get an impulse doll and still develop a character for it easily.

*slides back into seclusion*

9. Well, both Paige and Rai were technically 'impulse' dolls :sweat

Rai was... well... I saw him and fell in love with him. I had decided that I was going to buy a Tiny, I just didn't know when. I was mooching around the Group Orders (I mooch around the Marketplace a lot cause I get bored at work :lol:) and saw one for Fantasy Doll so I thought I'd peruse their site.

After seeing the Glen I was like WOW WANTS!!! *grabby hands* I knew I'd have to check my finances and make sure it was ok with my boyfriend (which it only sort of was) and think hard about whether he'd fit into my family (which I only did for not very long) and then, like, the next day or something I joined the group order and paid :lol:

As for Paige, she was the first girl I saw and fell in love with! I nearly bought her on impulse but due to a complete screw-up with me sending the money to the wrong Paypal account cause i'm a dunce :doh: it fell through (which kills me cause she was a modded version with a less beaky nose which I can't do :sweat) so... I can't say anything about impulse dolls >_<

But, I doubt i'd ever pick a doll and buy it without thinking at all if they'd fit - I mean, I've had the opportunity several times but I just won't cause I don't like thinking i'd have to sell them!! I have a problem with parting with them :lol:

10. This is exactly how I have proceeded... my first doll was lonely, so I bought her a boyfriend- and then, the next time I bought another boy, HE was lonely, so I bought him a girlfriend. Now I have ordered twins, and I am hoping they will keep each other company :lol:

I think the only person who can answer your question, is yourself, because we all feel different. I personally think the bonding is not so much about who arrives when. Some of them you will instantly bond with, others need time. Until recently I have ordered one doll at a time, but now, I have ordered three so I will probably figure out about the subject on my own behalf. I think that as long as you feel really enthusiastic about each and one, things will probably work out :)

11. Well, I'm saving to buy up to 3 dolls at the same time, mainly because since they pose so well, and fit perfectly to these characters I created when I was little.​

12. I've had several dolls arrive around the same time and for me the bonding really was different. It took more time to get to know them, since I handled them mostly in turns, each one getting the spotlight for a while. It was nice though ^^

13. I say do what you want.
      I don't think getting many at the same time lessens anything for any of them.
      They each come with their own magic, regardless of who arrives with them.

Earlier this year I had three incoming, and it didn't matter which one came in first. I had two come in two days apart (delivery problems! :roar ), but they each have had their own problems and assets being assimilated into the group.

Whether you bond or not, is dependant on you and the doll itself. Not on any other doll.

But hey, that's just me. ;)
      I've currently got an IH Tan Soo Ri and a tan Domuya Perennial male body for a head I already have, incoming around Christmas . Will I love one more than the other? Quite possibly, but NOT because they may come in on the same day or week. It'll be because one manages to squirm deeper into my heart than the other on his own merits. ;)

14. If you can afford it there are not really any problems with buying multiple dolls at once.

Now I do remember bakayaro onna once telling me that she had 2 of her boys show up within a week or so of each other and she felt she had bonded more with one and the other who had arrived second just kind of missed his bonding experience. I myself bought 3 dolls within I think about a month. the first two showed up about 2 weeks apart and the 3rd due to faceup waiting arrived around a month after the second. I have had no boding issues with either of the 3. Though I did order a doll in february which at the time a doll i had won in contest also was shipping in feb and they arrived within 2 days of each other. i bonded more to one, but the other just didn't suit the character like i thought he would and the one i bonded with just kind of fell out of the family so needless to say I sold them both. But seriously it sounds like your friends were trying to watch out for you becuase I can see where it's a little hard to bond with close together dolls. I plan sometime next year to order a set of twins so i dont feel since they must always be with each other that i will have bonding probs with either.

15. Oh the deep joy of being able to afford more than one at a time! I just wish :( I'd look at it like baby kittens, more than one are company for one another when you aren't there and you don't love one any less just because you got two at once (or four in the case of me and baby kittens). And unlike baby kittens, dolls do not kill your Christmas tree.

16. Oh the deep joy of being able to afford more than one at a time! I just wish :( I'd look at it like baby kittens, more than one are company for one another when you aren't there and you don't love one any less just because you got two at once (or four in the case of me and baby kittens). And unlike baby kittens, dolls do not kill your Christmas tree.

17. Naughtyfaerie~~ THAT is the cutest comparison ever!! :D

Like it's already been said many times- each doll has it's very own magic and preciousness, so relax and enjoy the new arrivals. Don't stress about the bonding issues- after all, you have all the time in the world to get to know your new dolls and to bond with them ^^

*Happy new year everybody* :)

18. My connection keeps dropping and conning me into thinking my post has not been sent. Then when I click back, it send it again! Or it could be senility setting in :lol:

19. If I somehow managed to get the funds for say 2 of the dolls I plan on being in my family I wouldn't even think twice about ordering both of them at the same time. Plus they are going to be your dolls, not your friends dolls. If I listened to all my friends I wouldn't have any dolls right now because they think it's a stupid hobby, but that's another story altogether.

Just do what you think feels right to you.

20. I don't believe it is an issue of ethics, or morality. Or even finances (though it is good to make sure your affairs are in order and priorities taken care of. ^_~). I believe it is more a question of personal maturity and also the character or "spirit" of the individual dolls.

Time or difference in company, I believe, makes little difference. Instead, I should think that any bonding would happen between your own self and the doll, and that it shouldn't really be affected by any other doll.

As for bonding between the dolls themselves, I think that their character determines how that would go. Say, if you had an original character housed in one doll, and a tribute doll to an anime, book, movie, celebrity, etc., I believe it would be more difficult for them to get to know each other. Either because of their own quirks or faults, or because of the difference in the "universe" or "canon" that they come from. Example: Because they do not come from the same realm of thought, they would have no previous bonding from not knowing each other within your own mind.

Not to say they couldn't get to know each other at all. ^^; I just believe it would take more time because there is so much to learn about each other. And even then, perhaps that is where special bonds are formed!

I hope that makes sense to you. When it comes down to it, like it has been said before, do what you feel comfortable doing. :3