1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering many dolls at once?

Nov 29, 2007

1. I ordered my Luts boy (now gone to a better home) and then two days later ordered my Soom Godod. They came on the same day practically, and it was very hard for me. I immediately started comparing the two and felt that the Luts boy couldnt begin to comapre. Rationally there is no reason for me not to have kept both, to have seen them as two respectively different "people", and to bond with both of them, but I couldnt do it.

Now I have 3 coming in at the same time and I'm worried. Not about the one boy, but about the two girls. They are the same doll just in different skin tones and with diff. faceups. I wonder if I will have the same problem with not liking one as well as the other or how I will feel :P

2. I don't really agree that it's hard to bond either, depending on the situation. For instance, I'm building a tiny family that is specifically meant to be one family, so getting the tines around the same time lets me see their relationship better in my mind's eye.

3. I hope it's ok to jump in here.

I don't think it's a terrible thing to buy more than one doll at a time, especially if you can afford it. As for bonding I guess that would depend on the person. For me I think of it in terms of my flesh children. I had twins, no choice there on quantity:lol: and then along came the third not too far behind. I bonded easily with all LOL So I put that towards my dolly children. There's more than enough love to go around!:aheartbea

4. I just ordered my first doll ever last week, and the very next day I ordered my second. Lol I don't think I will have any problem bonding with either of them, they are already developing their own personalities and how they are going to react to each other in my head. I don't see how getting 2 or more at a time could compromise the bonding aspect. If you fall in love with your dolls before you buy them, then what is stopping you from loving them both after they come?

5. I had two dolls arrive at the same day! And you know what, i love them both, their personalities complimented each other and i had no trouble bonding.
      It didnt affect my relationship with my dolls at all, it just felt like christmas ^^;

6. It depends if you can afford to pay for it and whether you would have enough time for the both of them. It would be sad to see if you didnt have enough time and ignored one of the poor things =<

7. Actually, regarding the bonding discussion. My first boy I bonded with so quickly! However I did find it harder to personally bond with him cause I always wanted to have my first around with me at all times too, and I never wanted to leave him while taking my second somewhere. it took more time but I have bonded well with Kyle :) I think it will be even better once I get him into a brown wig and some new clothes :)

Personally for me right now, I have 5 dolls on order! xD

I don't know what it's going to be like once they come in, but we shall see! :) Of course 2 of them are based off of some OC's I've made so I've already bonded with the characters, so bonding with their Doll shell should be easy! :) The 3rd is a girl based off of my inner child so being based from myself, again pretty easy to bond. The last 2 for me are actually custom characters from Kingdom Hearts! ^^ They're for my inner fan girl! xDDD and I'm buying them mainly for each other :)

In total... 7 dolls plus I have a current floating head who's my buddy! xDD

It's like a mother with her children, I love each and everyone of them! <3

8. I've just ordered two Cocori's from Iple today.
      I find nothing wrong with ordering more than one at a time--If you have the money, and love more than one doll, go ahead!
      If you wanted to buy the whole range of the dolls such as [Cocori,Iris,Harin,Sylvia from Iple] and had the money, then go why not? Why should anyone elses opinions matter?

I cant see myself not bonding or likeing one of my dolls, but if I didnt bond,I would be extremely upset by that :(

9. if you have money, why not?

10. I don't think there's anything wrong in ordering more than one if you can afford it, BUT, I come from the world of babydolls and know from myself ,that if two dolls come at the same time, or more than two, I just didn't bond with any of them because two was one too many. I know many babydoll collectors feel the same way. we need time to bond with one before we get the next and bond with that too. That said, I haven't really bonded with any of my BJDs, and don't expect to either, since I don't seem to bond with anything but my boyfriend and my daughter since we had her... but I love collecting them and play with them anyway.

I would say that if people have luck with bonding with two or more dolls at the same time, they should count themselves lucky and happy. Because that would be wonderful for them.

- Karina

11. i think you should get one doll at the time like when you order the fist doll and when it arrive you can get another one... so then while it shiping it will give you time to bond with your first doll.

12. I wouldn't buy two at once, even if I had the money - one of the things I love about this hobby is the excitement, the wait, the joy of opening a new box... yes, I know the wait isn't always exciting, but I like these things, if I can feel them twice, why not? But I know not everyone feels the same, so there's nothing wrong with buying two or more at once if you feel like it!

13. I love getting parcels in the post, so it's double the fun when you get a second package delivered soon after your first. I don't think I would be very gracious if I got two dolls the same day though, I might be more inclined to like one over the other. Part of the reason I got a MSD and then a tiny is that I wanted to like them for who they are and not really compare them the way I would if they were the same size. This way when Lleucu arrives I'll be comparing height and personality rather than unfair instant comparisons over prettiness etc I might have had if I opened them both on the same day.

14. I don't see an issue with it. I ordered my two Puki's at the same time, and I was so afraid I wouldn't like both of them. But when they got here I was so glad I got two, it was a lot more fun than if I were to have one. The door opens to so many more character possibilities and well as photography possibilities and I think in the end I bonded more with them.

15. Tinies really like to have others of their kind around, and Pukis in particular seem to multiply! I think they need playmates, just like children, kittens and puppies do. Or maybe there's safety in numbers--if you have several tinies, you're more likely to pose them together and less likely to misplace one? ;)

16. My first dolls will be arriving as a pair, actually. I blame my mother. She randomly mused, "I wonder if they're like cats, that you couldn't have one without her getting lonely and forlorn-looking." Sigh. I'd been secretly on the fence about ordering two already and she was a horrible enabler in that regard.

Depending on finances, a third might be ordered this month, and I am going to conveniently blame her again. She needs to stop making random observations like, "Well, you're getting two girls, they need a man around, don't they?" because her ponderings are destined to cost me a small fortune. Well, that and the one I'd been pining for will be in May's FFD from Soom, so it's one of those 'order now while I can' things, though he'll likely be on layaway for a while to give me a little recovery time. The maternal enabler is just insisting we go fabric shopping for the girls before the boy shows up so they'll look pretty and modest and not like nekkid tramps on the shelf, lounged with a hunky guy. Like I needed another excuse to buy fabric, either? *whimper*

17. I'm about sick of seeing threads like this. It really bothers me that there seems to be some hesitancy or subconcious thought that one needs the approval and agreement of all others in the hobby as to what they can and can not do with their money and/or dolls in this hobby.

If you have the funds and want to buy two dolls. That is YOUR choice. No one elses.

If you want to buy two dolls, and are concerned about the bonding process...
      Buy them both and set one aside until after you're acquainted with the other. They likely aren't going to arrive simultaneously anyways.

There is no matter of ethic or moral responsibility in this situation. The only responsibility you have in this sort of situation is to ensure that:

A) Your primary financial obligations are met FIRST (rent, bills, groceries, ect.)
      B) Your secondary obligatory responsibility is to the doll companies, ensuring they receive payment upfront or, if on layaway, promptly when due.

You have NO responsibility or obligation toward other doll owners in regards to what you buy, where you buy it or how many you buy.

18. Hey, if you have the money, then by all means buy all the dolls you want. If you have trouble bonding them with two at once then you'd probably have a hard time bonding with either of them at all.

So, as far as I can tell, if you have the money, do it!

19. I'm not sure if I want more than one doll. Right, right, I know everyone says that on here and usually ends up with 10 :lol:, but I just can't wrap my head around the picture of me with more than one. I am already so attached to my one that's coming that it's hard to imagine sharing my attention with another one. Plus if I just have him, I wouldn't have to buy for another doll, I could just spoil him. :aheartbea

There are only two other dolls I have seriously considered getting, and that is the male version of Beryl that will be coming out from Soom, and Puki Sugar. I considered buying Sugar soon, but it said it takes about 20 days to ship her, meaning she would be here before my first original doll, which just seemed like a crime to me. And of course, wouldn't it figure that Soom would release the incubus right after I had bought my first? Again, it just seemed like it would be wrong to have Blisdon show up then have another doll show up a few weeks after.

I don't think I can do it. I feel so attached to Blisdon that I don't know if I have anymore room in my heart! I worry that if I did buy other dolls, they would never compare to him and would end up just sitting around. Of course, everyone has different relationships with their dolls. I think people should order as many dolls as they want, as long as they have the money of course. I just personally don't know if I can do it. :...(