1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering many dolls at once?

Nov 29, 2007

1. I think it is completely fine. My first two dolls, although not BJD, came together because I wanted sisters to start off with. My favorite pictures had 2 or more girls in them so that is how I stared. If you have the money then go for it. I now have twins and I LOVE having them.

2. If I had more money, and time, I'd definitely order a half dozen or so cheap dolls, (cheap being a relative term,) then kit them all out in armour, like a little army.

3. If you want it and you can afford it- why not?
      There may be bonding-problems but they may happen anytime with any doll.
      It's up to oneself if he/she wants to purchase more than one doll during the same time.
      Hey, maybe you wait a month for one of them and two more month for the second one^^

4. well if they are on layaway sure, but you have to make sure and keep a note to check,and keep track of them, so you don't miss any other payment, but other then that...it your money, your life, so live it out O.o

5. I have two floating heads that I bought at the same time and everything to complete them will be done at the same time. I just sent them both off for faceups, and I'll be buying their bodies, wigs and eyes at the same time. They'll both become whole on the same day and I don't see why that should cause any problems. But then, I have it firmly in my head how each of them will look and be dressed and so forth. If I was to win the lottery and buy every sculpt I liked immediately, I could see how the dollie overload could overwhelm me. It would be too much to focus on at once, all those outfits to be planned and characters to be developed.

6. I can see the points to both sides but all i can speak is from my own personal experience and wishlist.

I think most of us have our own doll wishlists that can changed and rearranged etc so when we have the opprtunity to buy 2 dolls at once I would buy them and devote more time to the 2 news ones then say the olders ones ( for awhile anyways)

Since they were dolls that were desired by me in the first place I think I would be happy with them.

7. If I think of it objectively, it comes out this way: If you want something (or more than one something), and you have the money to get it, and you're set on getting both or all anyway, why not?? You shouldn't always conform in a hobby to what others are doing.

However! If the issue of bonding is a real concern to you, and you feel that each of the dolls would interfere with the others (ie: you think that somehow you'll love one more than the other while trying to bond at the same time), then it might be wise to reconsider a little bit. But if you just want the dolls to have them, then go for it!

Sorry if that was a bit too confusing. >_>!

8. I'm with the masses here. If you have the money to order two dolls at once (with having your bills paid, refrigerator filled, etc.) you should do what you want with it.

I mean, who DOESN'T want a couple dolls at once?

9. I think this is how the Emperor's Clay Army got started..he wanted to save on shipping.;)

I've had dolls arrive at the same time that were ordered at different times, and it's been good--a lot of stuff I got for one that didn't work, looked great on the other one. My bonding problems come from impulse buying, not multiples:o

10. Oh yes, I'd have to say the same is true for me. How close together I order dolls hasn't seemed to have any impact on how well I bond with them (my doll bonding problems are for other reasons, lol). And with so many companies having rather lengthy wait times, not to mention the availability of layaway plans, ordering/buying a doll and actually getting the doll don't always coincide. ;) I purchased my Yo-SD Ryo and Soom Io about a week apart. I have my Ryo now, but don't expect to see Io until sometime in December.

But even if you buy two dolls at once from the same company, why not? It's all about your resources and your preferences.

11. I agree with what most of you are saying. If you can afford to and want to buy more than one, go for it. In a company like Dollstown where availability is limited to a short period of time, if you don't get what you want when it is available, you may have to wait months.

12. well i ordered DoC twins (too and bee-a) as my first dolls
      and from what i heard
      for new collectors buying their FIRST bjd
      it's best to buy one
      just in case you don''t bond with the doll
      OR you're not as into the hobby as you thought

i guess more experienced collectors see it as a precaution??? O_o
      as for me i really don't get it
      as long as you don't mess them up they ARE re-sellable
      though that's not an excuse >.<

my best advise it just to think it through...
      it took me a while to order my twins
      just in case i saw something better
      but they're the best i've found ^_^

but all in all
      it IS your money
      do with it what you will
      it's not up to the other collectors to tell you
      "it's inadvisable to buy more than one doll at a time"
      go for it if it what you really want ^_^

i also like what rage_razor said
      very true

13. Haha, yes.

But as for me; bonding problems never had anything to do with multiple dolls arriving at once. It's simply been mold.

But I have several dolls I really want; if I could somehow scrape funds together to buy them all at once, I would be incredibly happy.

14. that's exactly what has happened to me! my two dolls arrived within about a week of each other. my first doll, Noah, arrived and i instantly fell in love with him.

a week later, Mordecai arrived. he still resents me. i don't feel the same way about him that i do Noah, and i feel bad about it.

so yes, i think ordering several dolls all at once will make bonding more difficult. you won't spend all the time you would normally on just the one doll arriving (and i think this even applies to people with big dolly families, because once one arrives, you bond and then it joins the family) so that's my only qualm.

from a money side, affording it is the only issue :sweat i can also see how some people might get a little jealous. i know i do, when i see people posting photos of the four boxes that arrived in the mail. but it doesn't last long because i know i wouldnt be able to give those dolls the same amount of love.

15. My second doll arrived about three weeks after my first. I had bonding problems because I didn't get the character of the doll for a while, not because I had two together. I'm hoping to cure bonding problems for once and for all once my Puki gets here because then I'll have two dolls of the same size and I can do something to their scale, rather than try and get this tiny to fit in with whatever my Soulkids are doing.

I had a BJD for April, May and June this year, and aside from my tiny, I haven't really had any problems with them. I actually do more with my latest doll, my only boy, although I love my girls.

16. I dunno about it.

Even if I had the spare money, I don't think I'd do it.

I felt bad about buying Brodie so soon after Perry. Why? Because I felt like I didn't get to play with Perry enough before Brodie came in, and that Brodie over shadowed Perry by being a new arrival, even though Perry was still a new arrival.

17. I always seem to do things in multiples but then again, I only ever seem to buy heads so Its always significantly cheaper.
      If you have the money and you'll definitely be getting the same doll at some point in the future, why not?

18. I can see what people are saying regarding buying several dolls when you only really have one character in mind. It would be difficult not to neglect the one/s you didn't plan for.

I am sort of having this myself the moment as when I got into the hobby I was lucky enough to have had a very successful year workwise and so I treated myself hugely. I brought a Sabik because he was the first BJD I ever saw and I wanted him so much. But I neglected to take note of how big he was. I brought a Sard and a Gentle Soori at the same time and they all arrived within a week of each other.

I had characters for Sard and Soori but not Sabik. And because he was so big and the others were more in proportion and already fully formed in my mind, I hung out with them more and my Sabik hasn't really been getting any attention. But when I look at him he still makes me super happy. His character is developing and I think when I get a good handle on it, he'll be just as special as the other two.:D

19. I just bought two dolls off of the market place here that the seller was selling together because they were matching limiteds (Elf Vamp Kirill and Ivan DOCs from DOD). I wouldn't have wanted to get them separately because in my mind they just go together :sweat I wasn't worried about not being able to bond with both of them properly because of the way I can have them interact with each other as well as me. (This would also have applied if I had gotten the non limited versions).

I also ordered another limited pair just a couple of days ago :o :o (DOD Kalix and Delphine), and again the fact they match will help me be able to bond with both of them.

However, I think it might be different, for me at least, if the dolls were completely different. That's why I didn't wait until I had saved enough to order two dolls at first even though I knew about the long shipping times of DOD. I wanted to be able to bond properly with my boy :)

20. I've just received 2 dolls I bought recently, Limhwa Mano (whom I'd been thinking about buying for a while) & MNF Lishe (too gorgeous to pass up). My personal bjd tastes have evolved with time and I find that I take a more considered approach to buying so I'm not having 'bonding' issues as much as when I first started.