1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

organizing your doll space

Feb 20, 2007

1. I have only the clothes on my doll's backs XD I've decided to complete my collection before I purchase clothes for them (one more boy to go!!). ^__^

I keep my boys on my shelf thats right above my computer. That dangle their little feet right next to me XD I keep things pretty clean around. When I owned more wigs and eyes I have draws on my computer desk that they've ben kept in. Neatly in plastic baggies. I'm a neat freak XD

2. Lol, I'm in the process of attempting to reorganize my room, with my BJDs, Yaoi, music, weapons, and magical accoutrements having top priority...in that order.

The plushies, dragons, and general anime stuff have already been crowded out, and have slowly been migrating up to my craft room, to make room for my growing gang of BJDs.

At the moment most of my mini human bunch have the whole glass display case part of a really deep shelving unit that holds most of my CDs...with the exception of a few mini guys who have taken up temporary residence on my bed.

Kolya, Toddy, Kit, and the two Kami are hanging out on the top of my kimono tansu in my closet, while Kocha and his group have staked out a piece of the floor in front of my other tansu in the closet. It's not too bad, I only have to move them when I want something out of the two bottom drawers. ^ ^

Lue still has his room set up in the corner, where he, his brothers, and fellow demons hang out...when they aren't sitting in front of and beside the keyboard on my computer desk in the livingroom, because the demon horde has expanded...plus Lue has also aquired more furniture and props. *rolls eyes*

Oh, and two of the big guys, Tsuki'ryu and Argent, have appropriated my rocking chair in the livingroom for the time being.

Mainly they are currently where they all are, in an effort to get them safely out of harm's way while I try to do some major reorganizing, and our handyman friend builds and installs the shoji screens for my windows.

3. Organisation....*giggles* I have all my doll stull in my studio at work! It's mostly on a shelf and I have an extra wig on my radio antenna *_*

^^

4. I'm making over a corner of my bedroom for them. It will be partly their living room and partly their bedroom. I am even 'papering' some foam board so they have their own walls.

Yes, they are very spoiled. :lol:

5. Well, they have a closet full of their clothes and they're perched all over the living room and bedroom - on shelves, in chairs on the floor, whereever they want to hang.
      Nancy

6. I live in a dorm room with one roommate (who isn't into dolls or anything), so I have twice the trouble finding space for the boys! Currently, their "living room" is actually almost in the center of the room, right at the end of my dresser, and their bed is under my bed (which is lofted so I can store things underneath). It makes it a bit difficult to get to my manga collection sometimes (since it's also under the bed), but I think it's worth it. ^_^

EDIT- Their clothes are mostly stored in their dressers, which I got at Pier 1. I also have two BlueFairy boxes in my closet storing all the extra odds and ends. XD

7. "Organization"

:? ......
      *_* .....
      :nowords:

Your words are strange to me.

;)

8. My room is really messy and my closet is.................................full of their stuff! I need to get rid of a lot of things in my room to make room for them =T

Organization....I close to forgetting the meaning of the word...........:o

9. Everybody lives together on the big giant ex-computer-table in my living room. That is Dollywood.

The entire harem are draped with scarves during the day, while I'm not around to enjoy them. The jewelry & accessories live in a bunch of random ziploc bags in one box. The eyeballs, putty, & implements of repair live in another box. The clothes live in a bunch of big Demonia boot-boxes, which multiply as the wardrobe spills out of each one in turn. Ditto the three wigboxes. I once tried some organizational system, but all that happened is that the Minis have separate clothing boxes from Big Boys; the boxes all spill out of their lids together on the floor. When company comes, I undrape the dolls & shove everything else under the desk.

I dig chaos.

10. I don't have any proper doll space. I have a nifty shelf for tinies but no free wall room to hang it on. And once I give my friend her Gecko tank back I'll have a space almost big enough for Shivara. I just need to make him a sleeping bag and some pillows. Angeline has a little pallet on my nightstand with fuzzy blankets and pillows and his horse plushie, but once I get Shivara's space set up he might move in with his big brother. Hmm... this is going to be even worse if I wind up in a dorm next year... Sure hope my roomies are doll-tolerant!:doh

11. I have a big drawer for them, but I'm running out.

12. hmm... I live in a staff house so I just have my room to keep my stuff in... Dolls are not a good hobby to be into if you have limited space! I have a closet with shelves in it that makes it useless for my clothes, so that's where I *try* to contain most of the doll stuff. All my fabric for sewing is piled (somewhat neatly...) in one corner of the closet floor, my sewing notions and trims and laces and buttons etc. etc. are all in boxes and containers on the other side. My dolls themselves sit on a shelf in the closet... it's just barely large enough for 4 60cm dolls to sit side by side. They don't have much in the way of props at the moment, thankfully, so I don't have to worry about doll furniture.

But they've started to take over my dresser, which is not a good thing. They've stolen 2 drawers from me, one for wigs, shoes, eyes, jewellery etc. etc. etc., and the other for their clothes. I might put their clothes in the boxes they came in though, which are currently empty under my bed. I need my dresser space for my clothes... ^^;

All of my face up and various craft supplies have taken over my desk. Completely, utterly. I doubt I could unearth the desk if I tried.

I need my own house just for my dolls ^^;

13. My dolls have taken over part of my closet.:roll:

I have plastic storage containers that stack on top of each other and open like a chest. I started with 4 large ones, then bought 2 more that were a bit smaller. (I should have just bought 2 more large ones)

I love them because I was able to put Hello Kitty clings on the front, and it does not look like a ton of dolly junk. *_*

Then under the bed I have two purple tinted platic tubs that smaller doll clothes.

For anyone who love the color pink.. Walmart has a selection of their Sterlite plastic tupbs with flip lids and lids with handles that are in baby pink with a clear tub. :aheartbea I picked up the last 4, but a friend asked me to let her buy one, so I have 3 of the flip lips. I'm going to pop over to their site and see if they have any others.

I was public enemy #1 for a bit after I took more than a few zip lock bags for my stock outfits for some other dolls.

14. Thanks everyone for their interesting and unique ideas for keeping things orderly. I love the idea of draping the dolls with scarfs to keep them safe..
      now where did I put all those scarfs!

15. :lol:

I keep my doll in her box, in her shipping box under the coffe table. I am hoping to get a big cedar chest to put her and any future dolls in.

The only thing kept out of the box is her wig, which is on a saké bottle on top of our media cabinet.

16. wow, suddenly our household seems amazingly organized...

the boys live on what was MEANT to be a spare workspace, for cutting large pieces of fabric and storing mizunoseiryuu's large cutting mat flat. that's where their quilts, park-bench and chair are, and they often spill off elsewhere (Saxon is here at work with me, for instance). atop the shelves that store the fabric and notions are the boxes that store their clothes -- each doll has its own photo/media box full of clothes, except for Saxon and Jhdrwyn, who share a box. faceup and repair/maintenance/modding tolls and supplies live in two nicely stacking sterilite toolboxes by the actual worktable (the one the humans use!), as do my jewelry supplies.

at last count we had 12 full dolls and two floating heads on one 36"x24" (approx) table. good thing they're friendly?

17. My room is so messy! I feel bad wanting to bring such a pretty doll into such a disaster zone! D:

I haven't got one yet, but when I do, I may put up a new shelf on the wall in my bedroom. Either that or there's a table in there that has an ancient computer that I haven't used in years, but haven't backed up and moved yet. Now I'll actually have motivation to clear it out! :sweat

18. I have a roommate moving out and that's becoming the sewing room, and were my doll is going to live. Cat won't be allowed in there. Figure it will be enough of a mess with the fur stuff I use in sewing all the time. Don't need the cat as well.

-Anneke

19. Not to get too far off-topic, but if you live in a big city, that has a lot of smog/soot in the air, draping dolls also prevents SO much airborne dirt from building up on them! You folks in NYC, SF, LA, NJ, Pittsburgh, etc.: try hanging a piece of white fabric outside of your apartment for a few days, look at it, & then imagine all THAT seeping into your dolls' resin pores. :P No joke.

(Also, draping is good if you have tan or white dolls, who can fade/yellow in sunlight. Can't be too careful.)

I would keep them in a glass case if I had one... but, y'know, the whole 'pit of chaos' thing. ^^

20. I have an entire 4 drawer dresser dedicated to KK and his soon to be roomate and all thier things. Spoiled brats. But I like keeping him tucked away out of the sunlight and dust like JennyNemesis speaks of. It's just safer than having him sitting out where he could get knocked over.