1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

organizing your doll space

Feb 20, 2007

1. oh my, I am lucky to have moved to the suburbs of NYC, but I totally remember when I lived in Manhattan- the soot and grime on the window sill.

I am debating whether the dolls should live in the finished basement, or upstairs in the bedroom.. If they live downstairs, then I need to get more plastic bins for all the clothes, but the bedroom has some nice dressers with empty drawers.. only it also has alot of windows with sunlight pouring thru.

2. I have a rack for my girl's clothes and all her stuff.
      [​IMG]
      The top part is for big stuff, like her cases and her horse. Beneath the are all her props and under that is space for all her clothes (shoes, socks and wigs are in the little tray-cabord). The last part is for her (future) big sisters clothes and stuff.

My girl (Kimiko) sits in her chair on a table in the middle of my room, so she can see everything that I do.:)

3. Fénicia, your clothing rack is so awesome! ^^ May I ask what you used for the hangers?

My room at home is a disaster area, but I have 2 drawers dedicated for dolly stuff (and put my old school work somewhere else). xD One is for clothes / accessories / spare parts and the other emptier one is for wigs.

The dolls themselves are kept inside their respective boxes.

4. They just small, plastic hangers for dollclothes, a little bigger then the ones for Barbie.
      [​IMG]
      Here you can see them hanging on the side of my rack.;)

5. really awsome set up..
      where did you get that cool unicorn?

Kimiko is so lucky to have such a well organized guardian.

6. I have chest of drawers. It used to be used for other things, but the whole thing has been taken over my dollie stuff. It's not a small set of drawers either! XD I have one drawer for shoes, one for wigs, one for bits and bobs, several for clothing, etc. ^^; Right now though, about 50% of that 'nicely organised' system is all over the floor. So uhm, the whole organising thing doesn't work so well from that position. hehe.

7. Thanks.:)
      A friend won it on a funfair for me. It's just a white horse, where I made a headdress for with the hoorn. His girlfriend got the same black horse forn him the same way.:)

8. I've got his box and his non-clothing items in plastic tubs and what not on a shelf, and then I've got his clothes in a little wardrobe.. generally he sits on his chair on my desk or on my lap, when I'm at class or asleep though he's in the box (just a little scared of cats mauling him and yellowing)

9. Since I have large doll collection, I have to have my BJD's things conform to the general order. I have clothes, shoes & accessorues in labeled baggies organized into labeled bins for type of doll. My BJD dolls however are all over the computer desk rather than the display cases where my other dolls are. They require more attention! ;)

10. i tried to be organised but it's just not me. their toys shoes clothes dont really have a place, it's everywhere^^ strange thing is i can always find what i'm looking for xD 'er zit orde in wanorde' is what i always say in dutch^^

11. I used to keep my dolls in their boxes before but since it was
      such a hassel taking them out everytime, now I keep them in
      an old armoir. it keeps my dollies from the light and since it's
      very spacious, I'm planning to remodel the inside to look like a real
      living room. Also the armoir comes with two big drawers that I can
      keep the dollie clothes and wigs etc.. safely.

12. wow I like that idea bjmommy. We actually have such an armoire (alhough it houses our clothes currently)

My dolls are displayed on a shelf however I have a separate display with Felicity's table. my BJDs will be displayed there. (when I get each one that is)

My apt is pretty low lit so I don't have to worry about them being in the sun

13. My poor dollie is new so he's only got what he's wearing; but I've got a bunch of new clothes on the way. I'm probably going to keep his new stuff in his box under my bed :sweat

14. so many interesting ways to organize doll things-
      I am debating whether to place outfits together, or just treat everything as separates

Do you tend to put the outfits together in one baggie? and if there are accesssories to that outfit, (like jewerly and such) do you add that to the baggie?

15. My doll tends to sit beside the hamster cage and keep him company. He only has one outfit at the moment but he's got more on the way. Once they arrive they'll go in a shoebox probably.

16. Yes I do. I put them in smaller baggies within the bigger quart or gallon sized baggie. This helps so I can recall what goes together originally in case I ever go off to sell it or trade it but that never stops me from mixing and matching outfits.

17. There's a loveseat for them next to my moniter, and a wooden bed I made them on my dresser. It's long enough for Hound, so all my dolls can sit on it together with plenty of room.

For their clothes I have a 1930's apple crate that I nailed a dowel into and hang my SD girl's clothes in, with her shoes at the bottom. My minis clothes are in a doll wardrobe that was my grandmother's, wigs are in a shoe box, sale items are in another. The closets only came together recently, before that I kept things in their delivery boxes, and then shoe boxes. Truth be told even though I have places to put their things lately they're ending up all over my room anyway :sweat

18. I keep my dolls in their own cabinet, and I have a box under my bed with all their wigs/clothes/eyes. I used to keep my dolls all around my room, but that was before Ciel (my Hound) started showing signs of yellowing. XD

19. Seems that my BJDs have already "CONQUERED" all of my space. XD...
      Indeed, I have tried to organize some place and boxes for them. However, there are not only themselves but also their related, such as spare WIGs, outfits, shoes, furnitures...as well as some DIY-tools and raw materials...it seems becoming more out-of-control if I do not try to organize hard and well...

20. on the top of one my dresser theres a space about 20 " x 27" that I keep a doll clothing rack w/ all the clothes/shoes organized there w/ the wigs in boxes behind it and the doll in a carrying bag infront, or sitting on the dresser