1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

organizing your doll space

Feb 20, 2007

1. I just threw out my printer so that the entire high-shelf of the computer table can be turned into the Doll's living space.

2. yes, I am thinking next home, really high ceilings, with floor to ceiling shelfs that will be perfect for the dolls, then two big long dressers for all the stuff..

plastic storage bins for paints and tools etc.

well, it's at least a wish.

3. I have begun making my doll cabinet at last - so far have spent $20 on materials, only thing left I need is paint - and to find that derned hammer! I will post up pictures of it when it is done.

4. My dolls are sitting in mi pc's desk, now I'm next to me :P There are still enough place for them XD
      I'm still having a few clothes, and I'm keeping it in a box.

5. Currently with only one mini boy, he sits next to my keyboard most of the time. And when I go to sleep, he sleeps on the pillow next to mine, cuz I have a big bed right now. XDD;; I only just got him, so he doesn't have a lot of stuff right now. Mostly his stuff either gets tossed on my compy desk since I'm being lazy, or it's put in his box which goes under the bed. I'm sure I'll have to figure out some rearrangements as my family grows though. :sweat

6. Well, I organize my doll space by putting all the clothes in plastic bags and put the wigs in its cases and put them in the bag my kid came into. 8D If I get new clothing for my kid, I just stuff it in the plastic bag with the other clothing. >>; But if I don't have space...well...I'll just have to get another bag. ^^; As of where my kid, Hana sleeps. She sleeps on my pillow since I have a twin bed--and for some reason, I only sleep on one side, so Hana uses the other side.
      How so? Well, I put ANOTHER pillow on top of the pillow, get her a mini pillow, a blanket, and her stuffed animals. 8DDD And her furniture is on my desk. xD She only has a rabbit fur rug, a shoe chair, and another chair. 8D
      And while I'm on the computer, she sits on the desk and watches what I do on the computer. =3

7. I love having a doll near the computer.. I always try to have someone, usually a little one by the desk.. heck, before my move they all lived in the office/doll room, but now they live in the living room.. at least for the next month or so until the next move..

8. lol Larue's gonna have all of my room for his own, so he doesn't have a designated "doll space". he can sit, sleep, eat (:B omgawd) anywhere he wants to. X3

9. [​IMG]

i_i im paranoid of shelves and my evil cute fuzzy cat of doom T,,T so,,,,,, the doll stays up there,,, on top of my dresser

im scared of shelfing because im scared some freak earthquake will happen and all the shelves will fall T,o;;; oh god i need to stop my paranoia

so i think for now, this is the safest spot away from cat,,,, we'll see how this goes, most likely he'll end up back in his carrying bag/pillows in the closet T,,T

10. he does look kinda royal sitting up there.. I admitt that our kids in furry clothes can wreck the resin kids even if they are not trying..

I am off to try and get some bins today at Walmart.. must get the accessories organized and out of the shopping bags.

11. It's not so much where I keep them as it is where they allow me to keep...myself. XD

My BJDs pull my strings!

I need to reorganize. I've been meaning to ever since the two moves last year. I went from a larger room to a smaller one so it's kinda crowded...

I have a little wooden chest from Hobby Lobby that holds their less used clothing. The other clothing is kept in a small drawer on the big plastic drawer set that has all my sewing stuff. They stay on the right side of my room.

Of course, my mom has tried to convince me that she saw Tema running around on his own, but I think she's just teasing me.

Then again...he does have some strange dark stains on his pants... :o

12. I wish I had a room for my dolls! my place is very small though! :0 my dolls go wherever I can find a place. I have a couch on my computer desk that will hold about three of them... the rest are scattered about in various couches around the house.

13. I have a shelf for my dolls and a box for the clothes.....and the clothes keep escaping!

14. The house me and my husband bought had a small bedroom that was a nursery for the previous owners baby. Well we have (and will have) no babies so I redid the room and it is my dolls room. My computer shares the space but I have about half the floor set up with the dolls furniture and chairs.
      I have rubbermaid drawers for storage like alot of other people have mentioned. I also got 2 wooden trunks at JoAnnes Fabric and Crafts that I store their most often worn clothes in.
      I got a gift set at Christmas of bath products and it came in a large net fabric box that is perfect for storing wigs.
      I got a clear plastic bead box at Big Lots that has little bead compartments that are PERFECT for storing eyes.
      Such great resources and yet their room is still always a mess. XD

15. I built this cabinet for my boy, big enough to sit up and lay down, with a bed and pictures like a room, clothes storage is in the basket underneath the bed. It was my first carpentry project, didn't do a great job, it could use more sanding, and I made errors on the doors and measurements, but here it is...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. I recently cleared part of my bookcase that had moveable shelves and realized the shelves were perfectly sized for a bed, so I made a mattress and cleared the shelf. I'm planning on clearing two more shelves for the living area....

17. My tiny girl's room in progress (Groovy Girls furniture is great for Leeke sized dolls:) ) :
      [​IMG]

18. Just yesterday I reorganized my room.

I use their original boxes, put the top on the bottom (you know the box inside itself) put two pillows that it came with down, then cover those completely with some material that I bought from Walmart so it looks like a bed. My Chiwoo Huntyres bed is on the bottom shelf of my bookcase, and My El Josiphes bed is next to him, but on the floor.

Just so they can sleep nearby each other. Haha.

I don't worry much about my cat, she tends to leave them alone for the most part, and if she does mess with them, she tries to curl up with them and cuddle... which is fine with me as long as she doesn't try to munch on them.

And as far as doll space goes? They go ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE within my house... at all times.

19. Im not sure if this is the right forum. :?

I just want to know...where do you guys keep your dollies?
      I have my MSD on my shelf but when i get my SD there wont be room for him and I have no idea where to put them in my room. :...(

20. I put mine in their boxes and store them on a shelf in my wardrobe C: