1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

organizing your doll space

Feb 20, 2007

1. i don't have a specific wardrobe to keep the cloth, i just simply put into a box, Currently my daughter is standing on my table, sometimes i made her sit

2. I currently have a glass cabinet for my dolls and one drawer crammed full of their clothes, tho I seriously will need to reorganize once the new addition comes in. XD

3. Mine are sitting on chairs on my kitchen island at present. Sometimes I put them in their boxes-during holidays, etc.. Their clothes are in plastic boxes in my craft closet and I have two little plastic drawers there for their shoes and accessories. Their wigs are in plastic boxes in my kitchen pantry.

Just had to buy bigger boxes for the clothes and I'm going to need them for the wigs soon. But I use the same boxes for my trim and craft/sewing stuff, so the little boxes will just be used for something else.

4. my dolls sit on top of my bookcase but i'm going to run out of space after my next doll..
      their clothes and accessories and face-up materials go in the doll boxes, which sit on top of my wardrobe (i'm running out of space there too..)

5. My dolls and doll things get most of my midsized walk in closet. I should take some pictures, I am pretty proud of how organized it is compared to how it was just a few months ago.

6. Honestly... mine has his box, which is used to store important things (like his CoA) opn the tp shelf of my closet. However, Carousel is never in it XD He spends all his time perched on the very top of my bookshelf facing the corner (if there's company coming over. that way he doesn't freak people out and is pretty unobtrusive). Other times he takes residence on my sewing desk or on top of my tv next to my xbox. I like having him out and around rather than put away, and even in my tiny room there's always space for him.

I won't lie though, he tends to stay up on the book case once he's there because he's in no danger of toppling off unless the whole book case goes, and he's out of the way and away from what sunlight my room does get. It's a safe, out of the way place for when I'm not taking pictures or sewing for him or otherwise playing ^.^

7. Mine all live in my livingroom -- I like to have them around me where I can admire them and fuss with them as I pass by. I have two big (yet inexpensive -- yay Ikea!) shelves against one wall that they sit on. I organize their clothes in decorative boxes that I've picked up here and there -- most of those are on another small shelf in an out of the way corner, and some are stashed under the lowest shelf on my big doll shelves.

8. I'm working on a space for my doll (he's not here yet!:P) in one of our bookshelves. I'm planning on making a chair and getting one of those teeny plastic storage containers with drawers for his stuff. And then labeling each drawer with one of those plastic label goobers because he's the sort of guy that would do that, hehe. I have a feeling everything else in that space is going to have a label, too...:sweat

9. I have an Ikea cabinet/tall bookcase/unit thing. I have a cabinet at the top for storing random things like my yarn and needles for knitting, as well as bigger doll props.

Then I have a big open area with a shelf at the bottom. This is the "display" area, where I store all my dolls. On the sides of this area are plastic bins/containers on sliding tracks so I can pull them out and put them back. In those I keep eyes, small props, restringing and cleaning tools, and floating heads/spare resin parts (extra hands, even gifts, etc). I have a black curtain on a spring rod that goes across the top of this area so it keeps the sun out. It's also easy to take off for when I need to be in the cabinet for extended periods (redressing, restringing, photoshoots with multiple dolls).

Then, below that I have 3 drawers. In each drawer are some of those pop up drawer organizer box things? I keep their clothes in those. So top drawer has wigs, and paperwork. Middle drawer is all shirts/hoodies/tops. and the bottom is pants and larger outfits or outfit sets (such as their dollheart outfits).

Right now this works pretty well. when I had tinies, I had a mini wardrobe/organizer for their stuff that I could put in the top drawer of my cabinet. It was actually a little "refidgerator" that I got at a toy store, but it was pink, and large, and opened up to reveal little drawers that were the perfect size for storing pukifee, or little fee clothing items. I kept it when I got rid of my tinies, because I'll probably end up with at least one tiny again at some point.

10. I keep my dolls on my desk sitting on a bench that my boyfriend made for me. All their clothes, wigs, and eyes are in Saif's doll box. The Dollzone box is bigger than the Dollmore one.

Though I think I'm going to need more room for their clothes soon. x_x

11. Our Dolls have their very own dedicated curio cabinet. They (ok, so far only two of them) are on full display in the sitting room. We have not addressed the issue of clothing storage yet as we dont have a large amount of extra clothes....yet. Although I (Robert) am new to this hobby, I shudder at the thought of keeping them in a box. Desiraes Kaylee is with her all the time in various poses while Des entertains herself. In fact, I dont think she has ever spent any time in the cabinet!

12. A friend of mine who adores Grigoriy made him a box with his name in Cyrillic on the front and a rose on the top. All of his little things go in there. The rest of my doll supplies, putty, extra eyeballs, magic erasers, and fabric fabric fabric go in a little plastic drawer set. I have cleaned out the top of the drawers to put Philotryphe's things in when he gets here. Misha is a floating head so he dosn't have anything yet. Although he is borrowing Grigoriy's hat so that he has something.

The boys themselves stay in their travel cases for now. I put plush pillows in there and they are rather comfortable in there, although I hate having to take them out and put them back all the time. I also hate not having them out with me all the time. But right now our current living space is kind of small. When we move after Christmas I will be dedicating an entire corner of my closet to them. My fiancee is rolling his eyes over it but I want to give them a proper space. I have a mini sofa I am recovering for them to use and so many plans.

13. My dolls sit neatly at the top of my armoire. I'm hoping to get one of those IKEA glass shelves with a door, though.

14. I already have a drawer for doll things. She will be on my desk for the most part and sleep in her box at night. <3

That's what I have planned for now, but I don't have her yet. ;_;

15. I bought big rolling boxes that go under the bed and I am using one for all their thing =D

Thought right now I have 2 boxes taking a lot of space in them when they are gone I'll be able to make a little space for the things I am giving/selling.

All the dolls though are a little around the room.... some are on the box that is supposed to be under my bed, but since I'm still waiting for it to be taken off the ground its just rolling around beside my compy desk xD

The other box is being used to store some paper, lots and lots of paper :B

16. My dolls take up more living space than I do now. @_@ My fabric bins are set up like a table next to a bookshelf, and Yoru's bed sits on top of it. I have a large metal decorative bench that they sit on by my TV, and my coffee table has become a bedroom/play area for the kids. All the little accessories are kept in a small drawer system underneath my fabric bin/table, and each doll has their own bin for clothes as well as one for unfinished projects and pattern prototypes. And now they're taking over my room...the top of my large dresser is being set up as a living environment for Seraphim once I get him. ^_^;

Outside of that...my dolls sit everywhere. On my couch, in my computer chair, on the floor, in a bookshelf...even in the kitchen at times.

17. My boy 'lives' under a small table+clothing/bag hanger. His box stores his clothing/wigs, and underneath the bag hanger is a small American doll bed that I keep him on most of the time. It's nice because it's sheltered from the sun so he won't yellow by hanging out there ^^

18. Dolls: In their boxes on separate shelves

Clothes, Wigs, Shoes etc: in a mini set of drawers sight beside the doll boxes

Tools: in a box kept in a container

19. I try not to let things get too messy, if they do, things get lost >.<. I had this white box that I put their clothing in, but it just too annoying and I decided to change it up. I had these wire cubes hanging around in my garage. In case you don't know what they look like: http://stackablestoragecubes.org/Wire-Storage-Cubes.html I got the largest gage of jewelery wire and went across, I'm using this to hang my dolls clothing. I did it twice, one for my 70cm the lower one for my yosd's. I have this small plastic containers for shoes, and the other for accessories. I used more wire to make hooks to hang the clothing, and more to hang on the side to hang hats and coats etc. I rather hang my clothing because I don't like shuffling in drawers to find stuff >.>. Because of babies, I keep my dolls in their boxes on top of the cube. And I keep all of my cleaning and such supplies in my workplace in the garage. It's pretty simple, and extra cheap.
      Example Photo[​IMG]:

20. Ohhh, I have a set of those cube things! I ended up taking them apart since they couldn't hold as much weight as I wanted them. This is definitely a setup I'll try out for clothes - I don't like digging through drawers for them, either. Thank you!