1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

organizing your doll space

Feb 20, 2007

1. My BJDs are all on the top shelf in my bookcase. Their clothes are kept in one of those bins that can slide under the bed. The wigs and eyes are in another box on the bookshelf, only because they don't fit in the under-bed bin. It isn't the most organized and I'd like to keep all their supplies together, but it is what I can do at the moment.

2. I keep my dolls on my dresser in my bedroom. Stuff is kept in doll boxes and bins under my bed. I keep eyes and hair accessories in an ottoman I made from a wooden jewelry box I got at Michaels. Sometimes their clothes get mixed up with each others and I don't get enough time to clean it up.LOL

3. I re-use old cracker containers and have one each for wigs, clothes and shoes, and they're stackable to save space. xD;; They look ugly though because they're containers but no one sees since its all shoved into my closet... strangely enough I'm very paranoid about displaying my doll/doll things but ideally I'd like to have a separate drawer with pull-out sections to put stuff in cuz it'll look nicer. X3

4. Well currently I'm in the process of house shifting>.<
      so none of my boys has their own space yet ): their stuffs and outfits are kept in boxes too.
      However :D they're going to share the same bed and same room with me with their own lil closet as soon as I moved over to the new room which is around 1/3 size bigger than my current room ^_^

5. my dolls sleep with me X3

that aside, sometimes they stay on the sofa, and if it's days of dust, or if i'm going to be away for a while, then i'll store them back in their respective boxes ~

as for their clothes, i keep them in their original bags if i'm not using them and store them in my wardrobe

6. I have a big bookshelf, and the shelves are boxes. If that makes sense.(One of those big IKEA shelves) Anyway, so the dolls currently are overtaking 2 of the boxes. In one of these two, all the dolls fit (although, when I get my SD boy, I'll need to expand my space for them lol) So all the dolls sit in one currently, and then in the other one, there are lots of small boxes. One box for eyes, jewellery, eyelashes and eyeputty. Then each of the dolls has a box containing his/her clothes. Then at the back of the accessories/clothes shelf, I have little doll sized wig stands where extra wigs are stored, or wigs I'm not using.

So there's the shelf that the dolls inhabit, and then there's the accessories/clothes/wigs shelf.

I am slightly obsessive about my doll shelf organisation :lol:

7. Yeah they all have certain places in my room just for them. Their clothes take up two sections in my cuboard. BUT if I had more space I would have more dolls. ;)

8. Im having a conundrum at the moment about how Im going to keep all my doll things in order I have a boy and a girl doll the girl is my husbands and the boy is mine. At the moment we have all there clothes and what not in an antique desk in my art just kinda shoved in there rather messy but most in plastic sandwich bags. But now that my husband has been hinting that I might be getting my girl for my birthday Im wanting to buy more clothing for girls god save me. Any who I think Im going to invest in a little storage containers to start putting everything in.

9. I have a large box from a Dollmore clothing order last year. Since all of the clothes come in resealable bags, I just put the bags in the box. It's beginning to overflow, though.

10. I tend to keep my doll stuff in the white Soom boxes I have. It keeps everything together, and they're compact enough that they store well nearly anywhere.

11. I don't have a lot of stuff, so keeping it in order is yet to be an issue. I just keep everything either in or around the box she came in.

12. When I move next year part of my bookcase is going to be turned into drawers for doll stuff

13. Little storage boxes like the one's photos would be put into.

14. I have my doll clothes (and my fabric for doll sewing) in snap-top plastic boxes. They have removeable labels and if I get more of something I just buy the next bigger size. The shoes and accessories are in a couple of those little plastic 3-drawer things. I may have to go to small snap-top boxes for those as well. Everything is in my walk-in hall closet, which I have to rearrange from time to time to make more storage space, except for the wigs, which are in my kitchen pantry in plastic boxes. I need to get bigger boxes for those soon.

15. I have everything arranged underneath my desk in the living room; I have two sets of large plastic drawers with 3 drawers each, plus another 2-drawer set and then a stack of plastic crates with lids to one side. Wigs have 2 drawers - 7-8" wigs in one drawer, 8-9" and 9-10" in another. One drawer is full of boots and shoes. Clothes are divided up into SD-sized and mini-sized. Accessories such as swords and musical instruments have their own separate drawer. One box that has a divider tray contains eyes, spare hands and eyelashes. There's another box with face-up supplies, plus a drawer with MSC, Testor's, pastels and pencils. And I have two shelves given over to spare fabric supplies.

I'm currently in the middle of reorganising things, as there is enough clothing now to warrant dividing it up into SD boy, SD girl, mini boy, mini girl and tiny clothing, plus the outfits I've made for sale on Etsy are beginning to overflow the two boxes they're currently living in.

Oh, and the jewellery all lives in a mini set of drawers on top of the desk, with jewellery-making tools and components in another set of drawers next to it.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of stuff - but then I've been in the hobby nearly 6 years now, and I have 13 dolls so it all mounts up! I probably need to cull down some of the wigs and eyes, actually.

16. Well, right now I only have two girls so it's not too hard. I have one huge wheel-y suitcase with several compartments for clothing and accessories and both dolls can stay in the main compartment if I need to transport them both. If I need to take one doll I have a mini suitcase.

17. I use a Detolf. less dust, less people trying to touch it! easy to organize and maintain! :D

18. My doll/crafts/sewing room is a mess right now.
      I had the brilliant idea of reorganizing the storage closets and took out the last of the boxes that had to be unpacked since the move (in mid-September). I unpacked the books into bookshelves, cut the tape on all the "keeper" boxes, flattened them, and put them inside the big TV box and taped that. It takes most of the storage closet. But then I was left with 8 more boxes of fabric, craft stuff, and general nick knacks that are now sitting in a corner of my room. My sewing table is full of things that have to be sorted and organized. Today I cleared my crafts table so I can start working on the Puki Dollhouse again (present from boyfriend). But not having the space to move around in here gets a bit overwhelming, and when I get overwhelmed, I don't have the peace of mind to do a lot in here *sigh* Till I get a "second wind" and an organizing storm happens :D then it's good :D
      I made the girls a clothing rack, but have to get them hangers for it still.
      Otherwise, everyone has their own box with their own clothes, shoes, accessories and any spare wigs for each. The Pukis have one box of stuff for both of them.

Ok I got it... I need to make a list of all the diferent crafts and variations, and get a box or basket for each craft, and then see what is going to go on the big shelf unit and what will go under the tables on top of the plastic bins, and what's going to go in the doll's unit. But I am thinking the doll's unit (the dolls live at the top of it) will have to house their boxes of clothes and things :D
      *gone to make the lists*
      Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

19. The best solution we have just started using. We tried a couple different things, but we bought an entertainment cabinet with closing doors of craigslist. It fits well in our small house, and we are using the TV area for rooms for photostories, and otherwise the dolls sit on the furniture that is kept in there. It has a shelf inside below the TV area where all the clothes and such are kept in those photo/document boxes. It fits all my and my husbands dolls and things which is 11 MSD dolls. The cabinet is even big enough to use as a small room for an SD too! Everything is tidy and not visible at all when the doors are closed, and it keeps out light, dust and cats! All our visitors know about our dolls anyway, but if they did not they would never even know!

20. That is a fantastic idea!!! I don't like the unit I have right now, and I don't like that the top doors are glass, or that all 4 doors are sliding doors either. It works for now. But an entertainment unit... hmmmm the possibilities :D