1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 10, 2006

1. Yep, I can. It'll be later this evening (my time) though as I'm at work right now. I'll also do some comparison shots with new/old as well to hopefully better illustrate what the problem is. I have no idea of Tyh's age as he was bought off the MP, but it doesn't appear that Leeke made any major changes to the body (they're both on the Real Body). That being said, because Tyh is an MP doll, I've no idea if some modding was done to his ankles/feet to combat this problem. However, since it doesn't appear that anyone else has this issue with their boy, this could be a new problem with this latest batch. Or I could've simply ended up with a bad set of feet.

I can say with 100% certainty that it is not an issue on my end with not knowing how to fiddle with one of the OD boys to get him to stand as I've had Tyh for... 4 or 5 years and aside from his collapse o-matic knees that drive me crazy (even after I've wired AND hot glue sueded him *sigh*), I can get him to stand on his own with relatively little trouble. Zehuti-sen? Not even remotely going to happen because of his ankle/feet issue.

2. I checked my spare body and the feet move forward/backward just fine, but one tips in. I think it's a matter of where the hook is and where the hole is drilled in the leg. I need to take a small round file to the inside of the leg to make a bit more room for the hook.

3. Hook position relative to the hole in the leg would definitely play a role in the foot movement. In order to compare new to old, I'd need to unstring the new guy and that alone will be a challenge with the HUGE knot in his head (which I'm coming to believe is a Leeke thing).

As I stated before, I don't have this issue with Tyh but I also don't know if he originally had a similar problem that was fixed as I'm not even close to his first owner. It just really irritates/annoys me to have something like this wrong with a brand new doll ordered directly from the company. If he was my very first doll I think I'd be crushed (and possibly quite angry) that he is the way he is. Once you guys see the shots I plan on taking to show the problem, I think you'll understand my irritation.

4. I do understand the frustration! My body is too old to complain! With a knot like that in the head, I frequently start by unhooking the feet from the body. I really prefer the knots in the body cavity. I can find no advantage to having the knot in the head but lots of disadvantages!

5. I'm honestly not even sure I can unhook the elastic from his feet. He is strung VERY tightly and the gap between the open part of the hook and the resin of the feet is... let's just say that it'll be challenging. I'm unsure if I can unstring him tonight as I need to run around doing the last of the Xmas shopping after work and given that it's only a day before Xmas... yeah, not looking forward to the crowds and I have no idea when I'll get home. The photos are easy enough to take though.

To further illustrate how little movement there is in his ankle, I almost couldn't get pants on him because I can't point his toes even a little in order to allow his feet to pass through the legs of the pants (and they're not super tight pants).

6. I might not be of much help, but you can try to open the "foot-hook" a bit more with a pair of pliers (and some brute force :XD:). It worked for me in the past.
      Put them in the loop part and open them like a pair of scissors. You can also try to wiggle the elastic out of the hook with a pair of hemostats. But you have to be careful because you can damage the elastic easily that way.

7. i would pull the foot out and clamp the elastic so you have a little loop of elastic you can wiggle out. If you have extra elastic, you can just cut it and start over. I think I will add an s-hook when I restring by body.

8. Okay, got both boys nekked and checked out their feet. Tyh (old real body) has far better movement. When I pulled Zehuti-sen's right foot away from the ankle joint, there is a gouge in the resin from where I assume the hook in his foot has put pressure on that spot to the point of breaking it. This is not noticeable when the foot is in place as the missing piece is on the inside of the ankle joint. Unfortunately, I can't get a decent picture of it. This is what Zehuti-sen looks like when his feet are placed flat, his legs are straight, knees locked, back straight. As you can see, he "stands" at about an 80 degree slant.
      [​IMG]

I did something a little weird though on a hunch based on the limited movement he has in his ankles and turned his feet backwards. Lo and behold, he can stand. It looks weird as hell, but he's actually standing up straight by himself.
      [​IMG]

I also checked and Tyh's feet have S-hooks that connect the elastic to the hook embedded in his feet. Zehuti-sen doesn't have the S-hooks in his feet and there is no way I can get the elastic off his feet hooks without undoing the knot in his head and unstringing his legs. I tried. Oh lord, I tried to get the elastic off but it was a total no-go. Tyh came to me with the S-hooks in his feet so I'm now assuming his previous owner did that to make stringing easier.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to buy S-hooks for his feet (and likely for his hands, too, as those don't have hooks either) and I'll need to wait to unstring him until I get those as there's no point in undoing the knot in his head since I'd just have to restring him through the current hooks in his feet, which is what I think is giving him the issue with being unable to stand. I also need to wait for the face-up artist to be available before I can send his head out for painting and modding (and save up the cash for that).

9. I don't see any announcement, but the Orientdolls are IN-STOCK at Leeke right now!

10. I commissioned Buff to do the mods to Ammiel (Il vampire) and to fix his problem of not being able to stand. During our conversation I mentioned that Tyh (Tae vampire) has wonky knees and she offered to fix his knees as well if I wanted to send him along with Ammiel. That was a total no-brainer. Of course I sent them both. I paid the ransom to the evil Canada Customs and whisked my boys to safety. Buff outdid herself on the mod, face-up and OMG! they stand like freaking rocks now!

This is Ammiel all finished. Crappy lighting is crappy but I'm just so totally in love with the work she did on him. He looks even better than I thought he would and I have an amazing imagination *laughs*.
      [​IMG]
      Funny enough the main eyes in his head are the default ones Leeke sent. They worked out perfectly for his character.

11. This thread is entirely too dead, so have a Vampire Tae:

[​IMG]

12. Yes, quiet thread is quiet. here's another shot of Ammiel (Il vampire)
      [​IMG]

13. Great to see activity! Here's a family shot ofHong, Il, Ji, Sun and Wol
      [​IMG]

#193 nancy_schroeder_ca, Dec 12, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    14. Hi! Bit of a long shot, but would anybody happen to have saved any company photos of these boys (particularly Il)? I looked everywhere and only found one saved on bjdclub.ru from the Leekeworld-produced era...of just their hands :doh

And while I'm here/if any owners see this, did anyone ever find any other dolls their Orientdoll 1/4s looked "right" coexisting with, besides the Unoa 2nd? Although there are a lot more 'fashion' proportioned 1/4 lines now, I suspect most of their heads are too small (4-5 versus 5-6) to look right with the Orientdolls and 2nds.

#194 evilhamster13, May 23, 2020
      Last edited: May 23, 2020
    15. FL Chicline boys work but those will be tough to find. I believe you can actually swap heads between them as I know someone who did that. It's possible Iple FID and Creaa-J lines would be okay, too, although both those boys are 50cm so height could be an issue unless you were looking for a large difference. I own all of these and could take comparison shots if you want.

Dollshe Fashion line could work but I'm not sure since I don't own one. Conarium has gorgeous boys but they're 49cm and apparently take a 6.5" wig. I don't own one of these (yet *shifty eyes*) but it's possible they could work, too.

In my opinion, if you're working with a wig on an OD boy that has a lot of volume, you can get away with putting them next to a more typical MSD sized head. Both my OD boys are paired with guys that wear 7/8 wigs. Ammiel (Il) may get extra leeway as his partner is a DearMine Oskar so he doesn't have a human head and the eye may shrug and ignore the size difference because he has a fox face.

16. Thanks for the input!

I've now found at least one other line with photo evidence of looking exactly from the same world with Orientdoll scale -- Sleetwealth Briar. (photo, other photo) A doll I'd heard about in passing but never really bothered to look up, but she's beautiful. Also rare and expensive. >.> Oh well, at least it expands the pool of comparison photos since any doll that looks right with her should be extension also work.

Got any pictures of your guys, by the way? With or without partners. I just want to see some more ODs! Most of the company and owner pictures I saw which made me want one have now disappeared from the internet :(

#196 evilhamster13, May 27, 2020
      Last edited: May 27, 2020
    17. Ask and ye shall receive

[​IMG]Ammiel, God of Perception by ID Locke, on Flickr
      This is Ammiel, God of Perception (his husband is Dashiell, a DearMine Oskar Spring Mistral). Face-up and 3rd eye mod by the insanely talented Buff. Ammiel is an OD Il vamp.

[​IMG]Tyhlian & Dakvir by ID Locke, on Flickr
      This is Tyhlian (OD Tae vamp) and Dakvir (Doll Love God-Enjoy boy dyed black). In-story, Dak is significantly taller (6'-6") than Tyh. Tyh's face-up is by Angel Toast. Dak has no face-up and never will as I don't think he needs one.

18. I found Orintdoll when they were under Leeke in the Wayback machine.

Here's the link to the OrientDoll page: Wayback Machine

Here's the link to Il: Wayback Machine

The pages for the original OrientDoll site don't appear to be working.

19. I didn't even think of that! Thanks, Nancy, you're a lifesaver.