1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 10, 2006

1. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57499

Some of the pictures got taken down by photobucket because they showed *gasp* a penis, but there's hopefully still enough left to give you an idea of scale. The MNF body's bigger and Tae's head looks like it could fit inside a MNF head. -_-;;

2. Congrats on ordering your Tae!

I love my Tae (special/normal skin). He looked so much like Hatori from Fruits Basket I just HAD to have him when I first saw him. He is now my very own Hatori.

Because of his wonderful proportions, I think of him being taller/larger than he really is, and he interacts with my SD Shuichi all the time. I just don't 'see' him as being smaller, unless Chikara (who is a taller-than-typical msd) starts pestering him. Hatori grumps about his size when that happens.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Regular MSD clothing is too large for the Tae so I have purchased Matt O'Neill clothes for Hatori. In general, the shirts and suit coats are a little too large but that usually works okay. Sometimes the pants are a tad bit too short and the cordoroy pants are way to large, but for the most part, everything fits well enough. I have considered taking him and the clothing to a tailor shop to see if they could do some alterations but I don't have the funds to throw at that project at the moment.

Be sure to post a lot of photos and put his photo/stats in the OD database!

Hurray! More Taes at DoA!

It was MY Tae you saw! I loved your Mae - such a great attitude!

#22 bakayaro onna, Sep 17, 2006
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    3. lovely photos! i cant wait to get my tae...i have his character and clothes all lined up now...i live in a house with souldolls, a MNF, and a leroi so i will take comparison shots. also will have a laidoll lily soon too...(rubs hands together) cant wait to get comparing. have read some of the photo stories involving some taes, there are some really funny ones!

4. Does anyone know if the boy heads fit on the girl's body? I want a companion for my Tae but I'm not wild about either of the girl heads. What I'd like to do is put a Special Il head on the girl body. Of course I love the outfit for the Special Il to so may end up getting the full set any way. :lol:

Morgan

5. I have some Groovy Girl and some Friends 2B Made clothes that go onto Hong, but I wouldn't really say 'fit'. Both lines are similar to Teen Trends.

The shirts are quite snug across her bosom, but much too big around her narrow ribcage and across her small back.

Now, don't let me fool you--Fiora Luisa is wearing a Friends 2B Made long sleeved shirt and long pants (that need to be still longer; she is quite ready for a flood), and all the misfitting is hidden by my Volks SDC Kurenai's hoodie.

She is encouraging me to sew, but I am sewing by hand much more than by machine, so I am taking a long time about it. Fiora Luisa must have 'Cavalier' and 'Age of Reason' styled clothing, she says. I'm working on the corsets.

If you can sew, try enlarging BarbieTM patterns, which may have to be slightly adjusted for the large breast size of the Orient Doll first girl body.

Ann in CT

6. Here she is, and she is STUNNING!!! She's wearing a Carmel Colored Wig from Denver Doll, and a tube dress made from a knit sock as she's rather "busty" and will take some hunting for clothes.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Here we have Bridget and Jack, true love!!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. The ladies at Denver Doll said that she fits in many of the Tonner Tyler items. They had her pictured wearing one of TYler's shirts and pants on their sale page of her. Hope this helps. She does look much better in your photos than the promo pics show. Congrats!!

8. Thanks! Here are the Nekkid pics my daughter shot, and as you can see, she preserved MOST of their modesty!

[​IMG]

9. FINALLY- I've waited SO long to see pictures of one of the OD girls *_* She does look so much nicer than on the OD website. Is that her default face-up? I bet Tonner shirts would fit her great- and Franklin Mint things. Thank you so so very much for posting pictures of her :aheartbea

There is a database for things that fit Tae & Il here, maybe it would help you find things for Hong, too:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89540

10. Well, I did my part for Black Friday, and went to a Collectables Shop, Toni's in Danville, CA that has TONS of the Robert Tonner dolls and clothes, and bought Bridget two outfits. One is the green and white embroidered dress from the Wizard of Oz line, and the other was a Tonner black velvet and "fur" coat dress for winter. I can't wait to get them on her, and I will post pics!! Thanks for the tips!

11. Yes, that is the faceup she came with from Denver Doll, and while it WAS the beesting lips that drew me to her in the Korean pictures, I ADORE this face up. It's so sweet and innocent, a proper Irish lass!

12. She's absolutely beautiful! She has such an "alive" look to her~ :aheartbea
      A brand of clothing that hasn't been mentioned I like for my Serendipity girls is Clea Bella- the costumes are really adorable. I get most of my 16" slender clothing from The Doll Market, because they tend to have great discounts on Clea Bella, Alex, and Tyler clothes. ^_^ Alex is a bit slimmer through the hips than Tyler, as is Clea Bella, but I think Dae should be able to fit, as she's thinner than Serendipity girls by a few cm in circumference.

13. They look great together and she's adorable. Stacked too. Like whoa. Thanks for posting it!

14. She's really pretty ^-^

I had a really slim mini girl (happydoll) and she fit some Barbie tops and dresses, so have you tried things that size? Would be cool if she fit them!

15. Oh my god she is so nice! Its so good to see pictures of OD dae girls and their boys together, I have requested on the picture thread for OD dae girls... Congratulations, she is gorgeous, has such a lovely body and pretty face, she looks amazing next to your Il too :)

16. Thank so much for the pics!

And the Orientdoll Tae girl body sculpt is just... wow.

17. Went to the company website and took a look at these guys. I'm not ususally a small doll person but the faces and the price got me interested. Any new owneres have opinions on the quality etc... of these dolls?

How are the default face-ups if you ordered one?

I'm thinking about Il in snow...

I already searched and didn't find a good assesment, and of course "Tae" doesn't search because it's 3 letters -sigh-.

18. I strongly recomment an Orientdoll Il! Or a Tae. They're gorgeous boys. Though they're not really the proper scale to look 'right' with most minis, and their bodies have a few idiosyncrasies, their sculpts are wonderful and they have a TON of personality. Here are a couple of good threads:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86092

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89540

Kim posted a picture of her Tae with an Unoa 2 and they looked great together.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101293

As an added bonus, OrientDoll ships ULTRA-fast. Within days, not weeks.

If you're interested, here's a link to my Il's pictures: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/universaldonor/tabris/

19. *raises hand* I've got a Tae! I dragged Marsh into it and made her get her gorgeous Il. :)

I don't seem to have many pics of him uploaded, but here's what I've got--he's the baleful-looking white skintone fellow with the Prince Valiant wig (don't ask me, he's claimed it and won't entertain ideas of anything else) :

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/justalittleuke/turiel/

Some of the pictures are comparison shots, of normal vs. white OD skintone, and OD vs. Serendipity size. They're definitely an odd sort of scale but I'm quite fond of my fellow and I LOVE sculpt (face and especially body). So far the closest in scale I've seen are the Unoa 2's, even if their boobs are bigger than the boys' heads. -_-;;

20. They list their sizes in centimeters, not in inches, which has confused me. The girl is 40cm tall, which they list in centimeters. :doh

Can she wear luts clothing or dollmore? Or even DoD?

I thought she might be too small.