1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 10, 2006

1. They are slightly slimmer than Mini Fee, but about the same height, so they can fit MNF clothes, but they will be a bit large on them. They can't really fit the shoes or wigs, though. You'll have to rely on OD clothes for that. Here is an in/cm converter. Or if you can figure it out like this:

12 ... . x
      ----- = ---
      30.5 .. 40 (or other amount of cm you need to find)

2. Most tape measures have inches on one side and cm on the other. Makes it easy for those "on the fly" measurements when you spot something!

3. Doll fans kinda end up needing to know metric, since inches and stuff are a mainly US thing. Don't worry, metric is easy to learn cos it was created to be!

One thing you could do is draw out lines of say, 45cm, 40cm and other doll heights to help you visualise the relative heights. (OD are much shorter aren't they!)

4. MSD teeshirts, tanks and undies fit the OD Dae size. The rest of the clothing options are much too large.

I have purchased the Matt O'Neill clothing for my Tae, Hatori. There is a chance the Tyler clothing may fit the girl Dae-size but I am not for certain. Hopefully, someone here can give you more info on clothing for the girl.

5. Thanks so much for pics. I was wondering if Cheong and Hong woulf fit into the Tonner Wicked Witch-Wizard of Oz outfits? I want a BJD who can wear those clothes!

6. Bridget (Hong) owns two of the Tonner outfits, and they fit snug, but they do fit. She has the Emerald City dress, and a black velvet and fur one as well. The Stockings don't fit, they are too short, but other than that, the dresses look great!

7. Has anyone tried putting Orientdoll's Tae head on a taller body? I love the Tae facesculpt, but I don't like that he's shorter than pretty much all the girls in his size class.:sweat I was thinking of making a hybrid with an Angel Fantasy (aka Doll Dream) body, but after looking at a few comparison photos, I'm a bit worried that the proportions will be totally off. So I was wondering if anyone's tried making a taller Tae and what body combinations have (or haven't) worked.

8. Actually, his head is rather small, so I think an even taller body might not look great. Hard to say, though...

9. Sadly, I doubt switching heads would work... for this particular reason:

[​IMG]
      Even next to a MiniFee, his head is tiny. x.x They are about the same height, though...

10. I just tried my Tonner Chase Model Kit outfit on Hong (a tight-fitting long-sleeve cable knit sweater, body suit, and skirt) and it fit almost perfectly. Hong's waist is in a slightly different spot than a Tonner doll, so that makes the skirt seem a little large around the waist. It took some work to get the sweater sleeves over her hands, but as long as you choose Tonner outfits that have some stretch in the sleeves (or short/no sleeves) they should fit, I would think. The body suit was actually loose, even with Hong's "endowments".

I've tried on a couple of pairs of Tonner pants too, and they fit - they were just slightly short on her, but they worked. My Tonner Hogwarts Hermione outfit fit as well, except for the skirt that was too big - but I can easily safety pin that if needed. The sweater/shirt and robe to this set fit perfectly!

11. Finally we see what a year of waiting has brought us, and it looks good!
      http://www.leekeworld.us/
      You can find the body on the leeke site but for some reason orientdoll its self has not updated with pictures.

12. Close enough! Check this out!

Well as some of us have seen, their vampire ears strongly resemble elf ears so this should be awesome XD

13. http://www.monique.com sells a lot of wigs in size 4-5 (check out the BJD wigs) . . . and that's really the only place I can think of at the moment :sweat Don't be surprised if they tell you the wigs are out of stock after you order though- they've done that to me every time I've ordered something.

14. Hello! Right now Jack, (Il) is wearing a long silver/white wig that came with my Cherish Doll Chubby LE. I am not sure of the size, but if you look at the Cherish Doll site, see what sort of wig they sell for the Chubby. Chubby (Chibi Gerard) came with his black wig, and the long white one, which looked WEIRD on him, but really nice on both Hong, AND Jack.

[​IMG]
      Here he is in the wig with a hat on....

[​IMG]
      And a flash shot without.

15. Does anybody know, if the boy heads Il and Tae fit on the girl bodies? I would love to have a Il vampire girl!!!!

16. No I asked them once any they said no thats as much as I know :( but if any one try post it

17. Hi there TQV - I have a Hong, and I just got regular doll wigs in 5-6 for her, like the ones from Monique. I think they work fine on her. I'm not sure about the ones from Leeke, but I think Hong's head is quite a bit smaller than other 40cm BJDs.

18. TAE's Size-Boy
      * Tall : 16inch (40cm)
      * Eye size : 6-8mm
      * Circumference of Head : 5.5inch (13.97cm)
      * Circumference of Neck : 2.6inch
      * Circumference of Chest : 6.8inch
      * Width of Shoulders : 3.5inch
      * Length of "From Shoulder to Elbow" : 2.2inch
      * Length of "From Elbow to Wrist" : 2.2inch
      * Length of "From Shoulder to Waist" : 3inch
      * Circumference of Waist : 5.4inch
      * Circumference of Hips : 6.5inch
      * Circumference of Wrist : 1.8inch
      * Length of "From Knee to Foot" : 5.1inch
      * Foot size : 2inch

At first I thought maybe Unoa-2 (she has a small head and more fashion-doll proportioned body). Note - I have never seen them together.

http://www.rakurakutei.com/theloft/dolly_bird_scans.htm

But you can only get them (kit or completed) at resale (I see plenty on Yahoo Japan).

And it seems she is taller than Tae so maybe not...

Unoa 2.0 measurements:
      Height: 43cm
      Head: 14cm
      Bust: 17.5 to 18cm
      Waist: 11cm
      Hips: 17 to 17.5cm
      Neck: 6cm

How about one of the Orientdoll same-size girls?
      http://www.theorientdoll.us/frontst...orientdoll&m_name=DAE%2DType&s_name=Basic

There was also a Domuya Flexi-fashion but they may have been discontinued and they were 43cm tall (taller than Tae).

Carolyn