1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 10, 2006

1. N-doll Miso and Miru seem to be pretty small and have pretty small heads, I think.

2. Unoa 2 is prefect or
      Domuya Fashion Flex IF you can still get her
      she is the perfect size ..(.I only with they did a boy version ..I would have the Tae head on it faster than you could say hybred :) )
      N-doll are slightly larger

3. I just bought an Orient Doll (Tae). He's only 40 cm tall, which makes him a slightly smaller scale than the average MSD. While I intend to make quite a bit of his clothing myself, footwear is puzzling me. The company offerings are expensive and not much variety. His feet are 1 cm smaller than most other MSDs. Would it look odd and out of proportion to use standard MSD shoes?

4. It depends on what style of shoes. I prefer boots, big black kick your teeth in boots. On my boy, it looks ok for that particular style. You could try shops that sell Narin/Unoa sized clothes, they might sell smaller sized shoes. Or doll stores that sell Tonner dolls. They might have shoes for sale for their male fashion dolls. Or you could have him go barefoot, his little feet are so cute!

5. Orientdoll Dae size has 5.08cm feet. Minis like Narin and Unoa males have about 5.5cm slim feet. And they will fit in Tonner Matt shoes so Tonner Matt is probably at least 5.5cm.

The minis section has about a dozen threads about Orientdoll Dae size including a clothing and shoe database.

Use Advanced Search

Search only the Mini Discussion, Titles Only, for Orient*

Carolyn

6. I was told that Dollheart MSD shoes work well for Dae types. So i ordered a pair, and I'm hoping the information was right. :)

7. I'm just so frustrated by the whole waiting thing. I literally have my money in hand, ready to spend. Tae is supposed to be my next doll, but I'm not waiting indefinitely. Now I'm ogling DollMore's new Misia. Sorry OrientDoll, but she may win out...

8. The current boy body has the limitations of any one-piece torso and single-jointed limbs. My Tae and Il stand very well, and sit slightly reclined.

And they have the good points of a single torso piece, too--the sculpt has no heavy lines across it with bumps & gaps.

I quite like them as they are now, though I will be very interested to see the jointed body, too.

Talis--PM me if you like, and we can see if our schedules overlap this weekend, and I'll let you fondle the OD boys. {wow, even in this forum, that sounds wrong. ;)}

Ann in CT

9. Im watching the new Dollmore doll ..there is supposed to be a 41cm boy
      ...the head is similar in size to the Oreintdoll ...and the body slender
      if the resin matchs ....well Im also sorry Orientdoll ...I will buy the body from there

10. I saw the dollmore models too, and I would be really interested in how they match up size-wise with the OrientDolls!

11. What size is the OD Tae? Do they match well with a Unoa/Narae, or are they a better match Soom Mini Gem, or are they more Tonner doll sized? I heard they fit the Matt Tonner clothing? Anyone know?

12. The OD Dae size doesn't work very well with the 43cm crowd, as they are slightly shorter and have much much smaller heads; they take 5.5 size wigs, versus 6/7 or 7/8 heads for the common sizes of 43cm tall bjds.

The Tonner clothing is a bit too wide through the waist and hips for trousers, and rather too tall through the armholes for shirts and coats, but will at least clothe Tae & Il.

Ann in CT

13. Er...folks, take a look at the Leeke site:

http://www.leekeworld.us/

Can anyone spot a DAE- Real Boy Body?.....:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

The face ain't bad either:love

14. How will I ever resist Tae now?!?!

15. Oh my god, oh my god!! FINALLY! I have been waiting for this! Now I can finally start saving for Tae and Il!! *dances for joy!*

By the way, does anyone find it odd that Leeke has the new body for sale, but Orientdoll's own site doesn't? What's up with that...

16. Oh Ryver...NOW the new body comes available. Well, you're just going to have to wait til Misia is paid off...sorry boy...=(

17. Whoo hoo, thank you for the update StrontiumDog. We have only been waiting a year for this! XD I hope someday that I can have my pretty vampire hindu god Il.

18. Good lord, he's beautiful!! I've had my eye on him for awhile, but now I have to have him! He's so freaking pretty!