1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 10, 2006

1. The clothes might fit if they stretch a bit. Worth a try if you can find them cheap. Though if the Ringdoll is taller the pants will probably look like capris.

2. What is the difference between Tae and IL? I mean, aren't they quite alike?
      Why does it seem like everyone is buying Taes and not ILs? Are the Taes better or cuter or what? :S

...Sorry for stupid questions. Sometimes it feels like I have nothing to do in this hobby, because I can so little about it :/

3. It's the structure of the face probably.
      The Tae-type seems a bit more masculine/rounder where as the Il is a bit more femmy/pointy.
      Body wise they are the same. I cannot think of another difference as the face though.
      And I think that is the reason why most people go for the Tea, because he looks more masculine or mature.

Only thing with these dolls is, that they are not very common on the board (anymore) due to their strange measurements.
      But that has never stopped me from loving my guy :)

4. I got my Tae!!!! Squee! He is so beautiful!!!! He is my dream doll. I love the way he fits into my tinies world. His butt fits in my 1/6 size furniture !!! He is over 7 feet tall in that world, but his proportions work beautifully with my mature tinies from 27 cm to 30 cm.
      [​IMG]

I have sueded and wired him while I wait for elastic and hooks to arrive from coolcat.
      His first photo-story is here.
      I am hoping to finish the linens for his bed this week so he will have his own space. I will be sharing his clothing on the clothing thread.

5. I've just finished paying off a 2nd (3rd?) hand IL on the 25th of october and just received him today when I saw that news! Dx
      Let me quote our dear friend, Leeke with their October 21st answer : "Now we have no plan to make him."

AUGH. AUGH I SAY.

I wish I have the cash to grab the new one too and make them an evil!nice alternate DDD|
      Does anyone know if dear Leeke is just going to make this a limited time event?

Ooh just incase anyone is curious, I've just compared my new IL with my chicline El. IL's head is like half time bigger xD;

[​IMG]

it's like 6-7" vs 7-8" for msd and 8-9" vs 9-10" for sd heads xD;

6. hyschara, I didn't think there would be such a difference in their head sizes! My Tae already has such a small head, or so I thought. Are their bodies more or less the same size though? I was hoping they could share clothes, and possibly shoes?

7. Yup they can share clothes it seems. I'll do a body comparison pic later. Probably will include my off-topic 16" Dollmore boy too as bonus (IL's head is bigger than his as well, despite having the same eyesize xD; )

My IL is wearing my chicline boy's marsh pants atm, so at least their hips and legs are similar xD

8. Ooh, body comparison would be nice! I imagine that the Chicline body poses much better than the Orientdoll one, but feel free to prove me wrong! Also, that sucks about the whole "no plans to make one" thing from Leekeworld. Silly doll companies. >.>

9. Sorry guys, I was too lazy to undress them the other time until i actually forgot I was supposed to take those pics xD;
      I tried taking some earlier, but I've never done comparisons before I don't actually know what to do.

@Elcia - their neck size seems to be the same, but I can't try for you, sorry. Chicline's headback's locking mechanism is a little alien to me, I'm scared I might break it xD; But it seems pretty do-able. The most modding you may have to do is possibly a bit of sanding (if any)

@KittyFields - the Chicline will definitely pose better, going by the number of joints they have xD

Comparison photos are below, but lets have some warnings first xD :

WARNING : DOLL NUDITY. Pray that photobucket doesn't delete them xD
      The Dollmore 16" FMD is actually deemed out-of-topic here, but i hope they will allow these for comparison purposes (because he fits so nicely with the chiclines and DAEs ;3; ) (Also, I've seen comparison with Tonners, Barbies and Bratz before)
      Also, my Orientdoll IL is third-hand, and a bit old so he's quite yellow. Does not represent Orientdoll's NS (which I assume should look like Leeke's NS which should be close to Dollmore' NS)

Onwards! Naked dolly standing side-by-side photo :
      (my normal chicline body doesn't really want to stand straight) Also, typo. It's MUSCULAR (Rou's), not Model body.
      My DAE is also on the single torso body OTL I think there's a split-torso body available?
      [​IMG]

Side standing comparison :
      http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/asliceoflove/stuff/CL-OD-FMD_02.jpg

Back standing comparison :
      http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/asliceoflove/stuff/CL-OD-FMD_03.jpg

Leg comparison (sitting) :
      The FMD's legs wouldn't close xD;
      http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/asliceoflove/stuff/CL-OD-FMD_04.jpg

Hand size comparison :
      (please excuse the shine and yellowness. Pink skin is too pink >_> )
      http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/asliceoflove/stuff/CL-OD-FMD_05.jpg

Finally, all the dolls in their clothes and wigs and names to make it up to them for all the nakedness earlier xDD
      http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/asliceoflove/stuff/CL-OD-FMD_06.jpg

my FMD doesn't have his shirt on here cos I hate his grey sweater :x will make him a button up shirt soon xD
      (MSD collars are too big for these guys^^; )

10. I bought a Vampire Tae off the MP here and have just got him back from getting a face-up (by the wonderful Angel Toast) and managed to squeeze in a fast picture in decent light before I had to go to work. Please excuse the attack of the flyaway hairs. Its rather dry in my house and everything has static cling right now *sigh*. Wig by TinyBear and eyes are custom by DreamingTree Studios. Outfit and tail by me.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I loved this guy from the moment I saw him and he's perfect for the character I knew him to be. He does look a little... off next to my other MSD's (especially since some are supposed to be family) but he was too perfect to be Tyhlian to let that stop me. He will be paired up with another MSD, but the difference in height works as his lover is supposed to be about 5" taller than he is.

I do have a question though. In a moment of madness, I re-strung his legs and ended up going super ghetto in making a pair of S-hooks out of bobby pins for his feet. Has anybody purchased proper S-hooks and can they tell me what size they got? I'd also like to know if anybody found significant improvement in hot glue sueding his knees as even with a fairly tight leg stringing, his legs still like to buckle at the knees.

11. I just re-subscribed to this thread. I love my Tae, Girard. We need Tae spam.
      [​IMG]
      Vest with tiny buttons by richila9098, on Flickr

Susan Sirkis' historic patterns for male dolls fit if you lengthen the arms and legs.

12. Thanks for the tip on the Susan Sirkis patterns! Are those available somewhere?

I found it! Wow! I have a couple I bought a long time ago, but there are a lot more now!

http://www.susansirkis.com/wishbooks.htm

13. Does anyone have a side by side of Hong and Cheong? I'd love to compare their faces.

14. [​IMG]
      029 by richila9098, on Flickr
      Just a little spam of my Tae, Girard with his favorite girl, Shriara.

15. Hey guys!
      the good news: I finally have enough saved to buy my first doll!
      Ok, now I was 100% positive that this doll would be a dollzone mo, but then, I was browsing through leekeworld, and I saw the oriental doll dolls, and Il is beautiful, and fits my character more than I ever imagined! Now, I still love the mo, and I haven't decided exactly, but it seems I can find nothing about these dolls.
      http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=1111&B_catalog_num=19
      there's the link, if you guys could help it would be super great! Thanks :sweat
      -patchworkpunk

16. The reason why you probably cant find anything about them is because they are ORIENT DOLL. Not Oriental doll. This is their discussion thread. And just a note, Orientdolls are smaller in size compared to normal MSDs. You can see comparisons of an Orientdoll[40cm] here with an Dollzone doll[45cm]. Scroll to post #3! Hope this helped! :)

17. The Orient Doll is about the same size as the Fairyland Chicline. Here is a picture of my Tae, Girard, with a regular MSD, Planet Doll Dandy, Mstya and my Lumelight Koit, Dima. My Tae has been modded down to 36-37 cm to fit in better with my 1/6 dolls. He is my favorite boy.

[​IMG]
      Lumelight Koit, PD Dandy, OD Tae by richila9098, on Flickr

18. hey everyone~
      Joining in on the thread now that I have a Orientdoll TAe!~
      LOVE him!
      Working on a steady style for him- for now he's kinda random... but I love him. *squeek*
      [​IMG]
      'Yo' by catzilerella, on Flickr

19. Just a very quick post to show my beautiful Dante's first speedy photo (I was lucky enough to buy him here in the UK & am thrilled!) I'll be taking some more when I have the energy...

[​IMG]

He says "I don't have 3 hands - that's my (off-topic doll) friend's hand!"

20. My boy. It's his name - Boy. Another my dolls are girls, there is no need for another title. I find this doll of very sexual. He also thinks so.
      [​IMG]