1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Ebay price hike

Jan 13, 2005

1. Argh, this sucks. I was just about to list some stuff for sale too, and most of it would've been fairly cheap. >_<+ (And it's non-BJD related, so I can't sell it here). So much for making a profit on ebay...

We should boycott evilbay >_<++++

2. New pricing structure doesn't go into effect until Feb. 18, so if you hurry, you can get some sales in under the wire. But yeah, ouch!! for those of us who don't sell high profit items to begin with. :(

3. in my opinion, ebay's protection is a joke. yes, we will retrieve your money, but there's a $25 fee to do so. what happens if the things you sell are under or at $25....what's the point? *_*

i was scammed once for $13. i managed to get it back through paypal (not ebay...even though i sold the item on ebay), but they took over a dollar in fees to do it! why the heck should they charge someone who's innocent?

i know most of the changes *this time* only affect stores, but how long will it be before they raise the other rates again?

all this ebay nonsense has really started me thinking more seriously about opening my own online store. with all the fees associated with it, it would cost me about $10 or less a month to keep it up and going. (that includes paying for my own domain name) with the hike in ebay's e-stores' prices, hosting your own site has now become cheaper.

sorry for venting, but this is very frustrating.

i agree with janne.....the marketplace is looking more rosey by the minute.

rebecca

4. it was mentioned in another thread that someone was thinking of trying to set up an auction system just for the marketplace. i like the idea, but I have OOAK vintage barbies i want to sell, and can't do that here

5. I just started selling stuff on eBay two weeks ago to help finance my future-adoptive daughter Super Dollfie Kun. I don't see why FeeBay would raise any prices anyway .... aren't all the people who own the company multi-millionaires now? Of course they are. It's just greed.

I'm scared of losing money selling on eBay, but so far I've made money. :wink: I know that could turn around in a heartbeat, though, and I've been having to sell stuff for less than I'd really want to. I'm selling some of my old dolls right now that I've had since my childhood under the name "Penelope119."

6. aww man, i was thinking about selling some stuff on ebay, no evilbay and this just killed that idea. not going to sell something expensive or making enough profit to cover the fees and cant be sold in market place as well. haiiiii, whts a seller gotta do??

7. The Auction Site is put up and you can sell barbies in the BJD Savings area, which is where you sell items for saving money up for your dollfie ^__^;

8. I think the reason they are raising is because of the inflation right now.

I think compare to other companies Ebay doesn't make as much profit in the long run so maybe that is the reason. Put in tax, all the servers that keep Ebay running, the growth rate of auctions, the ulitities of where the servers are, the cost of advertising, the people that manage it and track stuff down. That's a lot (don't they also give health insurance for power sellers now?)

I think people forget that we are also paying fees to give money to the employees. It must cost a lot to run that website. So I can logically understand why the rise.

Still bad to see the fees rise but it's seems more sense because of their growth.

-Jyuni, who probably mispelled so many things (sorry!)

9. It was already .90 cents to list somehting for three days, says my om, hwos been on ebay for YEARS. Blus the whole tkaing a precentage of your profit, and paypal fees, waiting for money for those who DONt have paypal, I'd rather do somehting with more options and no fees. =D I alreayd signed up at Dollfie Bid as Tenshiko, a joint account for me and my mum.

10. WONDERFUL! I'm in!