1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[....Oyaji? The Old Man] (mature, older-looking head sculpts)

Oct 3, 2005

1. Well, as it is, most dolls have ages way above what they're "supposed to be". MSDs are in their early-mid teens. SD13s are in their late teens and 20s. So the SD16s may end up with ages in their 30s-40s? XD

2. I don't know. Isn't MSD technically age 10, SD13 age 13, and onwards? :? Anyway.... I totally agree with Alan Rickman BJD...... YEEEEEEEK! :D

3. I think Margo can pull off that look. She reminds me of a very elegant 50ish proffessor I once had.

4. lol. I'd feel bad if I DIDN'T agree with this.

Anyway, I think a few of the dolls look older depending on the fact up someone gives them. But I agree, most dolls DO look like they're in their teens or younger. I know a few people have been trying to make older looking dolls. A good example is Donn who's the one doing Bishonenworks and currently is producing older dolls. His are really stylized but DO look older. They're really neat, if any of you havn't seen em yet I suggest checking them out. He has a thread in the arists section and a web page, though for some reason I can't remember the URL at the moment.

5. Hmmm. Liam Neeson.

Oh yeah, on topic. I think that Margo/Hound couples look really awesome, a sort of older woman- younger man thing going on. It would also be interesting to see a Donn with a very natural look- the one's I've seen are little science-fictiony, maybe a little professorial with tweeds and some grey in the wig to see how old we cold make him look. Actually, we need to see more Donn's in general.

Eppie

6. roflmao. Donn is the one MAKING the dolls... *giggles uncontrolably* But yes. We need more Donns! Guys interested in BJD's, there need to be more of.

:daisy

7. *__________* If I could have old man dolls of Snake and Heihachi I would be in paradise...

8. BJD Cid Highwind from FFVII please *_*
      or Constantine/ Keanu Reeves~<3

9. hmmmm Sam Elliot(he's awesome), James Coburn(kicked Bruce Lee's bun..but best buds), Burt Reynolds, Sean Connery, Allan Rickman(good choice), some say Steve MQueen(iff ye like the bad boy look..luved the Getaway), Russel Crowe, Omar Shariff, Paul Newman, Sean Bean, Ed Harris,Viggo mortensen etc etc must I go on people! So many hansome older man. I think the men/boys nowadays aren't manely enough..

OH MY GAWD: Denzel Washington OoO!!!! Dennis Quaid <----(I still curse Meg Ryan for cheating on him with Russel Crowe..my gawd that's trading a white diamant for a pink diamant =_=)

=_=.....well my beefee is like passed 50 hehehe i'm like less than half his age..so yahhhh this topic I find very interesting!

10. Alan Rickman :drool

11. hmm...there are a few molds that make the dolls look older, like hound saint etc...bishonen house guys look older too. Migi head isn't that young looking either. I think that to achieve an older look for a doll they'd need a bigger chin and smaller eyes and not-so-delicate nose....hmm...maybe i'll try sculpting one for kicks XD. But i think that's where the BJD charm comes from, the big eyes, delicate features, pouty lips, obscenely smooth skin etc...

12. Dude, I'm not even a girl and I can totally appreciate this thread :) So much Alan Rickman love...

... But seriously, you're hard pushed even to find a sculpt that looks as mature as Johnny Depp, who looks shockingly not his age.

But I second (Well, more like third or fifth) the older women movement - Margo's great but I'd like to see some Uma Thurman/Isabella Rossalini look-alikes.

13. OMG Uma Thurman, she's uber awesome.... somebody should make her as the killbill version with the jumpsuit and katana *___*

14. XD heh heh. I kind of like older guys. I'm not sure how much older, though.

Not... that much... older.

Well, it'd be interesting.

15. :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

yes, yes I can definitely see that :D

There are lots of good-looking older men out there... in anime and elsewhere. Just make the face a bit craggier and there ya go!

Consider it a challenge, sculptors! :) give us something besides baby faces! (pretty though they may be ;) )

16. I think a doll made to look like an attractive, older man would be awesome! Mmmm, sexy mens...:D

17. OMG, alan rickman, sean connery, jason issacs, richard dean anderson (and for mom mark harmon) the house would be bursting at the seams with bjds' :ROFL
      (hey, what do you mean about 30 being old!)

18. I was JUST THINKING OF THAT LAST NIGHT!!
      I have this thing for older Asian men ;~; Hahaha, I was flirting with one on the Muni on the way to the Castro, Hallowe'en night. He was sooo cute, he was asking me where Halloween came from and stuff, and his accent~~ D': I wanted to hug him. He wasn't OLD old, maybe mid-thirties-ish... and I was like... T^T I want a cute Asian man-doll, rofl

19. A strikingly handsome 30-ish BJD....now that would be something to see! But no one would believe it isn't a sex toy lol I wouldn't go above 30-something, personally, but it could look quite striking if done well. I always have wanted a 'more handsome than pretty' BJD with mature looks. I'd save like a madwoman if someone ever made one. Yukinojo comes closest, I think. But we need a...a...

George Clooney *dodges rocks* XD

20. Mmmm.. :D I'd love to see a doll like older-Dante~ (Devil May Cry 4)