1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[....Oyaji? The Old Man] (mature, older-looking head sculpts)

Oct 3, 2005

1. Hmm... I think the Saint can look remarkably older sometimes. And there're a few BJDs around where people have added facial hair and voila! Older guy! *grins* Bella Auden doesn't look much like a teenager either.

Oh, Alan Rickman~ Nyiaow...and Johnny Depp. Yes, definitely would be interesting to have BJDs that age. However, I don't think many companies will produce a line of 40something guys or girls... ^_^;

2. Hawhawhaw, now THIS is my kind of thread ;D ;D ;D

Anyways, I've actually totally thought of this kind of thing before, like, an adorably aged wrinkly face, those clothes that look perfectly professional no matter how they're worn, and grey or grey-streaked hair, awhhh. And just a leetle bit of stubble cause when you're old it's always 5 o clock on your face. In a good way ofc, hahhaa.

PS MINE ARE UHMMM ALAN RICKMAN (duh) AND SAM WATERSON (from law & order).
      I guess it would be easier if I had some asianny ones though, since a majority of BJDs inherently have that eastern air to them.

But I guess it would make you really really weird to show up at doll meets with your 50something man doll, hawhawhaw.
      Plus, I wonder if the like... soft smoothness of the resin cast dolls would make it difficult to have a convincing Oyajisan?

Also, despite the undeniable cuteness of them, I think it would be realllly uncomfortable to redress them ;3; or see them naked in general.... hohoh

3. If Yukinojo is supposed to be 16, I don't even want to think of what an SD30 would look like... *shudders*

I thought he looked like a 30 year old o_O

4. I think the Impressive hound face mold could pass for an older man. That frown and turned down lips just say it all.

5. lol XD an Auron would be awesome but i think you could take other models and mod them a bit to make em oldish looking ;] + i never thought that alot of the SDs looked like teens i tohught they seemed like in their 20s and some look actaully 30 : o

6. I saw a modded Happy Doll Arthur that was made to look older - stubble, 5 O'clock shadown, nose modded....he ended up looking 'bummish' (no offense meant if the owner is reading this)...Alex

7. If you can wait two years, I'm making an older male build ABJD for my senior project in college (I'm a 3D design major- ie sculpting). One of the professors here knows how to resin-cast, and he is going to be my teacher advisor during the process. :3

But.. that's two years away.

Mmmmmmmm... snake.... (always been my favorite video game man).

8. That's what I always thought of her. Sometimes she seems like a singer out of an old nightclub or something...she looks older, but also like she grew up too fast right from the start of life. Oh, the character I see behind that mold. I'd like to see a male doll aged like that, too. I wonder if anyone will ever tackle it. :wiggle

9. Hugh Jackman. omfg.

and Johnny Depp. i'd love dolls of them.

in terms of video-game old guys, i would KILL for an Auron BJD ^^ and Henry Townshend from silent hill 4. okay so he's only in his 20s but he still has that rugged older-man look.

10. Antonio Banderas.:fangirl: I think a doll of him would be the one to convince my mom into the hobby... And that accent...:whee:
      Of course I'm a sucker for nearly any accent...:cake:

11. I adore pretty boys in drawings but most pretty boy dolls do nothing for me. Kind of like how that current trendy online slang says? What was it...ah...yes, Do Not Want.

Awhile back I saw a startlingly gruff, older looking Hound on another forum. He was incredible. I still think about him and I every time I think, nah, he can't look that good. He just can't. But I look at the photos I saved of him and, yeah, he does look that good while looking that old.

It was one of those moments of, "Hot d@#^! Now why didn't I think of doing that!?"

I don't believe it was modded in anyway, just cleverly shaded.

I want a Yukinojo head so I can mod him into Dante in DMC4 then put him on a Dollzone body...and everyone is going to watch the fireworks as Volks comes after my fangirling butt. Bwahahahahah-...yeah, right. There has to be a less melodramatic way of committing online suicide than having the Volks Vigilante Militia come after me with letteropener swords drawn.

12. ahaha you have no idea how much I laughed at that mental picture xD

anyway, to all the jrock enthusiasts.. what? No Sakurai Atsushi dolls? Cuz I would give my left leg for one

13. Snake BJD = The mose kickarse thing ever. Except he'd have to come with the aligator head like that one figure does.

I don't think I'd be able to own one, but they'd certainly be awesome.

14. I think the Soom Gena mold could look older, like early to mid 30s. I never thought she looked teenager-like. Bella Auden also looks older to me.

I second that Dollshe boys could make more mature looking men.

And even though Hue is still in development, I think that Dollstown dolls in general have a peculiar maturity to their facial features. Of course, once I see him painted I could change my tune.

15. I haven't seen any dolls that I thought looked older than MAYBE early 20's. The reason? there are NO LINES.

Even the most beautiful men in the world start to get eye creases and maybe a forehead line or two by the time they're 30. Maybe a furrow between the eyebrows... Yukinojo I can't see as much older than maybe 23.

But a slightly craggy doll would be VERY tempting!!

16. I think that Yukinojo could be modified to look much older... something I find very tempting. Same with any of the Dollshe boys. In fact, they look older to me in general and it isn't just their height.

17. When I read the first part of the original post, all I could picture was the pervy old man character that is used in a lot of anime/manga. I was confused as to why someone would want a creepy old man doll to leer at their others. XD

But I have to admit that I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who drools over Alan Rickman and Auron. I don't feel so weird now.

18. Oooh.. Auron dolly.. :drool: That would be so awesome. T3T

Aside from that, there are some dolls that are pretty much ageless, like immortals, vampires and demons and stuff. I don't think it really matters because they don't appear to be any older than young adulthood, though. Karrian stopped aging close to thirty, so he might be one of the closest dolls to an "old man" you could find. XD

19. I totally agree! I really wish there were older looking BJDs, because my characters are old and I have to substitute them with 'older' looking models. It really annoys me non of the big companies havent come up with even facial hair mod items!
      I would love it if there were older men and women BJDs, plus I would love ones that are overweight as one of my characters are.
      Pretty boys...yuk! Give me an older rugged man any day.

20. i dont think bjd would look nice with wrinkles and all >_>
      but i do like more mature bjd sometimes, maybe a doll like jude law xDD