1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[....Oyaji? The Old Man] (mature, older-looking head sculpts)

Oct 3, 2005

1. He is so cute, but yes, still too young looking :( I'd personally love to have a doll who looks like Sting :D And reading this thread just made me realize I *think* that could possibly be done with Yukinojo . . . maybe? He's got a similar face structure.

I don't know if he's been mentioned before, but Unidoll's UH-08 in my opinion is the "oldest" looking BJD out there (which is why I'm so crazy over him I think). I do hope some more "old" man sculpts pop up someday . . . mmmm . . .

2. I mean original company story setting wise, not ownership wise ^^

I see most of them are about 13~18, not many over early-teens, I'm pretty much a mature face fan and was wondering- Which doll from which company is meant to be the oldest? SOOM Sabik is meant to be 27, I haven't yet seen any older but then I haven't seen TOO many dolls. Just wondering :)

3. I think Unidoll Ark could pull off being over 30 easily (hell, on some pics he looks older than my Dad, and he is 50...)

But he doesn't seem to have a company story....

4. Ah I forgot about Ark, he looks different in differnt photos, he looks like in his 50s sometimes and sometimes just avery masculine faced maybe 30 yr old or so...I wonder why most BJD seem to be in their early teens...

5. Ark is really starting to grow on me, its wierd he just sort of feels right for Liliths father, unfortunatly i wasnt gonna have him as an active roll in my story, i might have to change that if he gets any more appealing.

6. Ark was running through my mind too. He's just amazing. I have to get him!

7. But... The more mature looking ones don't go
      over so well, right? Because alot of people prefer younger,
      cuter ones.... At least, that's what it seems like...​

8. I'm tossin' in my vote for Ark being the oldest too. I know I adore mine, and I agree that he could pass for a healthy 50-something.

Personally, I'd love it if there were more older looking dolls.

9. i say ark too, but i plan to make an older looking BJD of my own. . .

10. I thought I saw one with wrinkles on his face, but I can't remember where I saw him....

11. i would vote for my ark, too, and i would say he looks 30-50, but i like to think he is 200... i tend to like the mature sculpts on my bjds- no really young ones.(yet)

12. I think more mature molds would be wonderful, yes I love the cute young ones but then it seems a little repetative, I want some age! XD

funny my sister was complaining that BJD's were all children (lol) and asked if theres any mature ones, and the only one I could think of was Ark :3 I showed her but she said he looked slightly older but still just an angry young guy haha :doh

13. Well, Dollmore's Orlando Joey and Orlando Ray are supposed to be 400 years old or something.... But I get the feeling that's not what you're after. XD

14. lol! but a hawt thirty year old ;)

I call dibbs on the Joaquin Phoenix doll. give me some dark, broody, posable, vegan Oyaji. rawr. :D

15. Actually, ACXchan here on DoA has a Hellblazer Constantine BJD - so he's not Keanu, he's from the comic - blond, British and awesome.

16. My friend actually plans on making a Solid Snake doll. She says it will be the bishonen version of him.

Still, yeah, I really wouldn't mind if they made a couple more "nice middles." I think it'll just be a matter of time, though. One day, we're going to have granny and grandpa dolls. I just know it.

17. Id die to have a bjd like Johnny Rzeznik or Branden Frasier D;<33

I think that bishounen house dolls are older looking.

18. Oh yeah....it's about time for a BJD that's legal! No more tweens men for me. Let the BJD males start breeching 20-something! Oh yeah, oh yeah! =D

19. Holy moley, what's with the alan rickman love, girls?! It's like you chicks came outta hiding or something! I didn't even know there was a fanbase for the dude!

Although...the op has major pointage going on. I'm not big on the bishounen bjds, but give me a hugh jackman/johnny depp/hugh laurie (haha he's old!)/that guy from the pianist/dylan moran doll ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! Rwaor!

(For the person who said no bjds have lines - Unidoll Arc got lines coming outta his ears! People think he looks angry, but if you look at him enough he's pretty cool lookin. :) )