1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[....Oyaji? The Old Man] (mature, older-looking head sculpts)

Oct 3, 2005

1. I think something like a johnny depp doll would be cool but I'm not a huge fan of like...old old guys ^^; I like bishounen...but then again I am probably gonna get an unidoll arc at some point ha ha.

2. AH! I agree! he looked great in the 'I'm Afraid of Americans' video.
      :D

3. Now this is my kind of thread *_* (Though for some reason i have a friend who calls me Oyaji all the time...)

I'd love to see a mature looking guy! Senior Delf was so not what i originally thought it was xD

4. If there was an older male doll... he could be an experienced body guard for a princess! Or someone's caring father! An uncle! Whee, maybe a god, perhaps? ^____^;

There are so many possibilities with an older-looking doll.

Also, for a woman, I'd think of a wise and gentle leader, an older family member, and if they're that old... a grandmother? (Heck, maybe a grandmother who also is a martial artist! Kyaaaah!)

When I think of older people, I think of wisdom and experience. So, an older doll, naturally, would probably be a teacher or an inspiration for a younger one. Or, if we want to be silly, we can always just go with the "pervy old man" cliche... ^^;

There's also, as said, a lot of actresses and actors that would be perfect if there were older doll makes around. But please, no Cher. Cher kind of scares me! (Heehee.)

5. ....>.>....

....<.<....

Hugh Lawrie.

6. Benico..Benico my love:D !!! I so want a Benicio Del Toro doll!!! And strangely...Rocky and Dr. Frankenfurter (a very young Tim Curry) from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Pumps, corset, stockings and all!!
      OH!!! and Rodrigo Santoro.......:nosebleed :drool

7. He's not that old! He just has facial hair, lol

8. I know:sorry ..but it would be great to get him as a doll now before the cracks settle in:lol: ....but maybe he'll age beautifully with character.

9. Baron from Iplehouse strikes me as a 30+ male. Could be his face in combination with the white hair though ^^;;

>.> I'd love to see a BJD of the guy who played Stelios in 300.

10. The title says it all.

Has anyone here ever wanted to have a doll of an old woman or man? I ask, because while these dolls are all lovely, and unique, i don't think i've ever seen a doll sculpted to be an old woman or man. Even really a woman like in her late 50's.

There are plenty of lovable characters that are a bit older. For example, Aunt May, in Spiderman, or Superman's father and mother, The Kents. I've always loved her, and one of my character's has a grandmother that plays a pivotal role in her history.

I'd love to see a doll that is actually sculpted to look older. Like someone's grandmother, or even older mother.

While i know this breaks all the 'rules' of the industry, and probably 'few would buy it', it makes me sad that there is not a more diverse style in terms of body style, or age. The EID dolls are a bit older, possibly sculpted to look as if they are in their late 20's, early 30's, but that's about as 'old' as i've seen and that really isn't old LOL

How many people here have an idea for a character that does not fit the current age-range of the molds available?

I'd love to see a doll of a woman who is NOT entirely youthful, but still elegant...like a grandmother, who lived a very very very long time ago. Maybe with the hands that are a bit thin, and not as 'perfect", and a face that actually has a few wrinkles, from age.

While youth is lovely, i think that people who are much much older can be just as beautiful. Age seems to be something that we all shrink from, and hold up crosses to, but in truth, aging can be a truly, beautiful thing.

11. I dont have a character but i'd love a grandmotherly like character...some one to scolde the boys and keep them on there toes...heck there mother is an older woman (40-50s) Id love to see a sculpt that's set for older resin people!

On top of that it would just be fun...i mean i want to see what dolls would like like older.

It's its own persnol buity...

12. I want a male in his early 50's, I am going to try and mod a head as I haven't seen a sculpt I like that would fit the bill.

I just bought a doll to represent a woman of 46 - a well-preserved 46 - and now she needs her husband!

They are to be the parents and grandparents of some of my other dolls.

Not sure I'd want anyone very much older than that though.

13. Exactly!! That would be awesome!! I mean i think of characters such as The Wicked Stepmother in Cinderella, or Gipetto, from Pinocchio, and realize, there could be alot of absolutely adorable, or beautiful dolls created of older people. The Wicked Stepmother in Cinderella is gorgeous! But when the camera gets close, you can actually see wrinkles around her eyes, and nose.

One of the characters i have is a VERY old woman, possibly in her 80's, who is the witch who taught Arachne everything she knows. She is extremely old, and gaunt, and without a doubt, no beauty, but she is a wonderful, kindly woman, who is misunderstood. I'd love having a mold to put her into, but alas, i doubt it will ever happen

I do agree, however, that having an adorable, little old blue-haired old lady doll around to boss around the "Whipper-snappers" would be awesome, and cute

It would also give us dolls to use those 'grey' wigs on, because, to me, they just look out of place on a youthful doll's head LOL

14. Yes, yes, yes!!!! ;___; This. I have a lovely married couple of mine I'd love to resinate, their ages are 50 and 48. Even if companies made more dolls that seemed like they were in their 40s, that would be nice.
      So far the oldest dolls I have planned [not including "immortals" where age vs. physical appearance rarely plays a part it seems] are a pair of twins, aged 31. Beyond that though, there are so few sculpts that could pass for anything much older, generally speaking. :/

A woman in her 70s or beyond would be really neat though...sort of like the friendly grandmother who could watch over the other resin "kids"...or alternatively, she could be an ancient, wicked witch!! 8D Honestly, even older dolls have the opportunity to be really diverse, so I would love to see them. >w< The more dolly variety, the better I say! <3

EDIT: LOL, you guys posted the same "wicked witch" and "kind grandma" ideas while I was still typing. xD But, yeah, see?!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!!!:D

15. LOL i was a bit worried i was gonna get laughed outta this thread, with the "You want WHAT?!?!?!" Or "Old is NOT beautiful" lol

I'm glad i'm not alone. Maybe representatives of the companies will see this, and design a mold! :)

I also had plans for Joby, my EID Kamau, to have his Grandmother present in my doll family, as she is one of his reasons for choosing to better himself. However, it would be hard to hope for a mold of a woman in her 70's, let alone the same mold done in a dark beautiful brown tone. :(

16. Novel idea: Take a male head sculpt and feminize it. I turned a DIM Achernar head into a woman, and while you cannot say my doll is OLD, she certainly isn't a fresh-faced youth, she's quite mature-looking.

I'm trying, with my limited experience in seeing resin casting done, to figure out the believable physics of fine wrinkles in resin turning out well, and not really seeing how it can be done...for sure you could use faceup talent to give the illusion of wrinkles, but as for 3D ones? Not even sure it'd be too possible to put, say, crow's feet on even a 90cm doll...

17. Oh, how wonderful would that be?!!:D

With all their body innovations as of late, I'd love to see how a company such as Soom or Iplehouse would undertake a project such as this. <3

18. I've seen faceups on this very forum designed to mature a face, and sanding or modding a little to give more matured features and facial lines could be done easily.

19. My oldest doll is a gentleman of 53, and he was given a faceup to show his age. It looks wonderful! I guess it isn't hard for an Elfdoll K, since they look a bit older as it is. His fellow 'boomer', at 46, is my Elfdoll Lydia. The faced-up wrinkles on her don't work as well, IMHO. Not an insult to the faceup artist, who did a wonderful job, but it's really hard to convey a truly young looking sculpt as older, I guess.

If I ever get my Elfdoll Aden, he's going to be my old guy's OLDER brother, so he'll be 59. I'm not sure if I can pull it off with the Aden's softer face, though. This is where actual sculpted older dolls would be ideal.

20. Oh, what a great idea!! I love mature female sculpts. >u< What kind of bodies do you use?

Although concerning crow's feet and such, if Soom can put fingerprints on a 60cm something doll...I'm sure it's actually possible. Maybe not popular, but definitely possible!;)