1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Paging Robin/Pretentious Resin

Jul 13, 2008

1. I have removed pretentiousresin from my list of sellers links I have here on DOA as Rabbit-Moon advised me of this situation. I never thought I'd have an issue like this with a seller where I'd have to make such a decision, but here it is. I can't support a company that treats their customers so poorly and I won't advertise them so someone else can get snared. Good luck with getting a resolution everyone.

2. How lovely, I too ordered a doll from her in April complete with wig, eyes and face-up. Her communication was great for me until the end of June as well. I also tried filing a dispute, but I was also over the 45 day mark.

Anyway, I myself am the PA AOD retailer, so I will contact Aaron Egawa, since he is in charge of us retailers. I ordered from Robin before becoming a retailer, if anyone has question marks on their foreheads. I am sick to my stomach that a fellow AOD retailer is doing this to us, it's horrid!

I will let everyone know what Aaron says, and if he can provide any help. This is quite ridiculous.

3. Thank you very much! I also submitted an email to the English AoD site, so they'll have reports on two different fronts. It seems that she's been taken off their site listing of retailers, but I let them know that her site allows you to "order" the dolls and give her money.

4. I did not know she was removed off the retailer site. Perhaps Aaron has had complaints already about her, but did not know she is still taking people's money. This is terrible; now I am worried I myself will lose sales, as this can make people afraid of us retailers!

Update: I received a very fast reply from Aaron just a few moments ago. Here is the message he sent;

Hopefully now Aaron will be able to help us out, and get this all sorted!

5. wow thanks for the update Rook! Please keep us informed as to what AoD says about all this as I, too, am QUITE interested.
      I really hope one bad seller doesn't ruin business for AoD sellers because I have a WS 1/3 AoD body and it a perfect resin match for my NS DIM MNM head AND I love how it poses and just the over all look.

6. I also sent an email to AoD via their site the other day, and they replied that the US rep had gotten in touch with them over it and they'd fix things as soon as possible and get back to me.

So, let's hope!

7. Robin of Pretentious Resin has been BANNED from Den of Angels. Her dishonest commerce practices are deeply concerning and the mods/admins of the board sincerely hope that each of our members who are currently involved in unresolved transactions with this person receive compensation or resolution. Those who still have time limits that allow it, should most probably begin filing disputes.

8. Zagzagael; Thanks for informing us. She was great up until the point it came to sending us our dolls. =/

Also, Aaron would like to know how many total have ordered dolls from Robin and have no received the doll(s)/item(s) they have purchased from her. Here is Aaron's most recent e-mail he sent me:

So, please list below your name and the doll(s)/item(s) you ordered from Robin and when so I can send them to Aaron. Thanks guys!

9. Okay! I'm listing my full real name - if only a first name is needed, let me know so I can edit my post :)

Caitlin Starling - 1/3 scale white skin 2nd generation female doll body. Blank. :)

ETA: I ordered back at the very end of April when we learned about the phase out of the old bodies. Because of when I ordered and when the group order would have likely been placed, Robin said I would get the 2nd gen body. :) Just in case there were questions.

10. Thanks! I'll wait until Wednesday to e-mail Aaron (since he is away he won't get it until later anyway), so this way others can step forward if there are any.

11. Thanks to the early warning, I started a dispute with paypal the day after ordering from her on Ebay. I left her a message telling her about it and she said that she couldn't ship until Monday because the UPS store is closed. I haven't heard from her today, so I left her another message stating that if I don't get shipping information (at the very least), I am going to escalate the paypal dispute and initiate one on Ebay. I consider myself to be extremely lucky that I discovered this when I did. I just got onto the forums last week and I'm a total newbie (but learning quick thanks to LadySaiyuki). I'd prefer giving the benefit of the doubt, but given what happened to others who did that and let the 45 days go up, there was no way I was gonna let that happen to me. Unfortunately, since she doesn't have enough reviews to have the 2,000 paypal protection, it's 200 at the most, but at least it's something.

12. I actually placed an order for two sets of eyes from Robin in May (for a group order I was told would arrive in July). I had a response from her soon after it when I asked a few questions I had and I had planned to contact her about it more recently when I came across this thread.

I have no idea if that order was ever placed with AoD, though.

It was for a pair of 16mm glass eyes in color 7 on her site and a pair of 14mm color 23.

I'm feeling a bit grateful I didn't purchase anything that was too very expensive now.

Edit: If you need any of my other information let me know, but I used the paypal payment via her site . . . so I'm not sure how helpful any of it would be :/

13. Just thought I would post an update. I received the item I purchased from her today. She never did give me a tracking number and I had escalated the dispute to a claim this morning, but just received the item about 10 minutes ago.

14. I bought a Juli head from her through ebay and she never answered my emails. Then, all of a sudden, after I had already left her negative feedback, the head arrived. I closed the claim, but I still feel she should have communicated better.

15. It looks like Robin is okay, since she is obviously working on Ebay. Does anyone that bought from her have her e-mail address on Ebay? I'd really like my money back (all $260 of it!) and I know other's do too. So maybe if I can contact her there we might move ahead. I could also give that e-mail to AOD and Aaron as they cannot get a hole of her. She dsabled everything they have.

Also, incase no one else has seen it, AOD has updated the official site with a warning about her. So yes, AOD and all of us other reliable retailers know and are aware of this. She better start paying people back soon, I know I could never live with myself if I was a thief. =/

16. Its just such a shame since she seems to be doing well on ebay, albeit not very communicative.
      What is her ebay name? Perhaps we can send her a question via ebay since it seems she gets on there fairly regularly.

17. its pretentiousresin just like on here.

18. Thanks, discordixan! I most certainly be in touch with her.

Edit: Well, nevermind. I cannot contact her since I am not an Ebay member. If anyone here is a member and can get her contact, would you kindly PM it to me? I am desperate to get my money back. I won't allow someone to just steal $260 from me without a fight.

19. Hi Rook-tried to get info, but only someone with a recent transaction can get the info off eBay. Perhaps discordixan can get it and send it to you?

Here is the link to the page: Click

Hope that helps.

20. Phoenix73182- I received the e-mail link from another member, just didn't get to updating until now. Thanks for trying to help, though! I appreciate it so much. ^^

I e-mailed Robin on Monday or Tuesday (can't remember), and still have not received a response from her directly. However, Wednesday I put in a charge dispute with my credit card company. I am so sick of this woman it's unreal, and I kinda had to kick myself for not thinking about disputing the charge earlier. My CC company is now hunting down Robin and trying to sort everything out. I suggest anyone else who paid her with a CC try and do the same. I explained to American Express the situation, and they said that I am not too late to dispute the charge.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll update again once I hear more from American Express.