1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Paging Yoyomy (Mio)

Jun 15, 2009

1. Well, it's good to know she's alive!
      I'm hoping she does actually post news next week. It would be great if she did.

2. So.... did anybody hear anything at all? The week is good as over...
      What kind of new game is that?

Sure, I'm also glad Mio is alive and well. And one of the reasons for this is that this person has been in possession of my money for nearly 10 months now, without filling my order and without communicating. In any other part of trade this would be a severe legal issue now. But it's near impossible to take action when someone is so far away on another continent as I'm sure she knows as well. A long time I hoped she would at least care about her reputation on the world's biggest abjd forum, but seemingly that's not the case either.

I don't understand. A few words would be all it takes, and the will to work things out with us somehow.

3. I've been curious too. Anyone hear anything more?

4. Mio should have just refunded every one's money rather than just let it drag on. I am guessing if you ask for money back just waiting for a reply will take forever but I feel thoes that don't need the clothing anymore are WELL within rights to ask for a refund and get it rather than clothing they no longer want!

5. As much as I think that would be best, Treelore- I doubt she has the money to pay back- this long after giving it it has to be gone and spent.
      <- in a group order for her things

6. In 2006 I was in a group order and we waited I think 3 months? And the only item missing was mine. I asked for a refund and Mio didn't have the money to do that. I doubt she has any money for refunds at this point. I really just want my clothes and no missing items; I waited long enough. Even after 4 month waits and order mess ups I kept coming back, but this order has lost my faith in her. I had hopes she would keep her word and take care of business on her website this week but I guess that was too much to ask :|

7. Pfff!! It's really the last time I order to Mio!! I have asked her several times my money back, and no answer! 10 months I wait, like you, and I would like somes news!:x

8. visavis, have you heard anything new? It's been 22 days since she replied back to you and according to her, your order should be shipping this month.

I am wondering, is it a new rule that once a certain member gets Paged a few times they get a marketplace ban? Is it only for sales/transactions that have occurred on DoA, and don't include group orders?

I will place my order experience in the appropriate feedback thread once I receive my order or if I haven't by March I will still do so.

9. So it seems that even though we now know Mio is alive, nothing has changed!
      It has now been 14 months since I paid her nearly $300, and although that not seem like a great deal of money to lose to some, to me it is, and the fact that Mio took it, probably spent it and I got nothing, not even an email, makes her in my mind, nothing more than a criminal.
      When I first started this thread, on here and on her website, everyone pulled me down saying that I should know Mio takes a long time and they didnt mind waiting for such good quality, I wonder if they still sing her praises so highly if theyve also had to wait more than a year?!?!?
      This is absolutely ridiculous! She has been in possesion of hundreds,maybe thousands of our $$$ for over a year without any explanation whatsover, where else would you just hand over hundreds of dollars to a stranger for nothing?, if I wanted to do that, I wouldve given it to the poor people of Haiti, not a criminal!

10. @ xinte: Amen, sister.

There's a word for that - it's called fraud.

I too was intimidated by all the Mio defenders first, and it is probably a good idea to give someone the benefit of doubt at first. But this has gone far beyond.

Does anyone have any idea at all, is there any option we haven't explored yet?

In this hobby, nearly all the trade is built on trust and trust alone. And this trust has mostly been honored, especially by semi-professional sellers, because they want to keep selling, and their good rep is their bread and butter... I guess the worst part of this is to be ripped off like that, when you least expect it.

11. And yet, if Mio was intending fraud why would she have PM'd Visavis? Surely she would have remained missing. If she has been ill perhaps she had a relapse. I don't know. I would dearly like my money back or the clothing I ordered, but this entire situation is just so sad.

I wish she would post something by way of an explanation.

(edit) I just tried to register with M2kdolls so I could leave a message on the board and the website would not process my information. I can't read the Korean message that appeared. Can anyone translate? I would love to know what it says.

12. i wrote a message on uma's board a long time ago asking her about Mio, but she never replied...
      I don't read korean either, I didn't have to register I just wrote on the board, like on Mio's site.

13. Being a fraud and us never getting our money/items are actually two different things.

There are many artists that are good people- but they get overwhelmed by taking on far too much and they will try to comment and keep up- popping up with promises like Mio- but often in the end nothing comes of it and the artist (to scared or frail or whichever) will push the matter aside and never deal with it again. I personally have met someone like this- she was the only other doll owner in my area and she ended up walking away with probably about 1500 because she, while a good person, just couldn't deal with it due to emotional issues. She diapered from my radar too as I was trying to help the people on the board. I ran into her years later at a bookstore. She was married and fine again- and the people never got their money back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mio was the same- she tries, hard enough to get over the guilt- then she pushes it aside and goes on with her life. And I'm sorry- being sick is no excuse not to communicate. I have a chronic illness so maybe I'm a little less sympathetic, but if she had posted a "I'm sorry everyone, I have an X type disease, things may be delayed for a very long time and I don't have the money to pay back right now." I would have a very different attitude towards her because that I would understand more than silence.

14. Just to make myself clear - I also do not think this was intended as a fraud!

But when Mio broke off communication with all her clients she owes money (a member reported she was still replying to new orders then, just not to us), and when she declined to refund people like me who have asked for it after 9 months waiting time (or more) by just ignoring this request - especially if she is in the habit of spending money she hasn't even earned yet as suggested in this thread - then this is becoming fraud, whatever it was at first.

She is alive, she was online and on her pc when she contacted at least one person and whatever her condition, it is more than unlikely that she would not have been able to find a way to leave us a one sentence explanation on her board at least once in all these months which would have taken her (or a friend of hers acting on her behalf e.g.) 5 minutes.

That question is not directed at anybody in particular, but can it be that if you ordered something for that amount of money in any other branch of trade and wouldn't get your order nor any communication for so long, you wouldn't be quite so imaginative and forgiving?

Similar to Bird of Hermes I think that a person being overtaxed with daily life may count as an explanation but it's not a valid excuse for getting away with someone else's money anywhere in the world. Although I do understand why one could feel compelled to sympathize with said person.

I for example could sympathize with a starving person stealing money from me to buy food. But not with an artist/ seamstress who is organized enough to set up shop and spend their clients' money, but incapable of filling the orders they accepted.

Then there's the people who lost that money - it's not like most of them can easily get over such a loss. I have the impression most of them have to work very hard and long for being able to buy such luxury items. They might feel a little overtaxed dealing with that as well?

The things we do in life have consequences, and dealing with them is what grown ups have to do.

15. Yes. I agree. I just don't understand how a woman who has had such success and, indeed, fame in this community could throw it all away. She built her business and her reputation so carefully. What circumstances would lead her to abandon it leaving a trail of shame behind her? If something terrible has happened to her I, for one, would forgive the debt and offer her my support.

If only she would speak.

(edit)

I just tried writing a message on her site and couldn't. Korean message popped up. So I tried to register and then post. Again, the site would no let me and I don't know what it says.

16. Merangel, did you try a free translation program like google offers to decipher the message you get? You could copy and paste the original korean letters and have them translated there.

Do you think that Mio actually changed the settings of her site to not accept messages or new members now anymore? (I too get a message when I log in, but it is just offering the option of auto-log in. I can still log in with my old registration and I can open the "write message" window.)

17. I wrote a message on her site last night. When I was on a different computer and tried logging in with what I really believed to be my password, I would get a korean box of text too I couldn't figure out.

18. Thanks for your message on the Mio's board!

I hope she reply this time... :...(

19. Always no news?? The person who have contact her can't call her again??:...(

20. It looks like yoyomy and visavis live in the same city and that may be the reason yoyomy contacted visavis to give some kind of info. I can only imagine how hard it is to reach her with a population of 10 million.

I am frustrated with this and none of us should be feeling this way.