1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathos Tale

Jun 8, 2016

1. That faceup is amazing! She looks so pretty :D

2. If sculpting isn't your thing, growing real crystals is actually not hard at all, either! :) Here's an example video -- Off the top of my head, I know you can grow crystals from Borax, sugar, or salt-- they all look slightly different due to their chemical properties, I think, so google a bit to see what you like. The basic process is the same for all of them, though.
      Personally, I'd also coat them in clear nail polish or some sort of clear finish (especially if they're salt or sugar crystals), just to prevent the coloring from going haywire and the air moisture from messing with them.
      I'd also probably say "screw it" to the big shape, and just break the crystal/use the smaller crystals that form in the jar.

Honestly, that's got me thinking-- I'd really like to do this now! :D That would be such an amazing cool touch for any doll.

I'm always here to pester for more Pan photos, by the way! They all look wonderful so far

By the way, didn't Pathos Tale release a teaser for their next doll...? I can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

3. Just a small picture of my Pan still in WIP

[​IMG]

4. @Ap0lLyoN Thank you very much!

@Xila A new Pathos Tale doll? I didn't know they were working on a new doll. A large doll like Pan? Or rather a mini doll like the two MSD with flower and face sculpted on them? I need to look what's said on their website!

@karasu_l'elfe She is so lovely! Pan is a doll so beautiful. Even faceless and without eyes.
      I want to work on mine own Pan. Curently I caaaaaaaan't! I want but I can't. :(

5. I think she was SD, but a bit smaller than Pan. Very pretty!

Oooh, and I really like they way your Pan is coming along, @karasu_l'elfe. ^___^

6. karasu, your Pan is very lovely! :aheartbea

The teaser for the new doll is posted out on the Pathos Tale tumblr. The doll has antlers. Scroll down here:
      Pathos Tale

7. Thanks <3
      I don't know yet when I'll finish... all these pearls have given me a little headache ^^' and I hesitate to the lower part.

I saw the teaser on instagram too, but I'm not sure it's a large doll.

8. Yup! The doll with the antlers is the one I was referencing (Though back then, she was just a doll, sans antlers)

I think I can confidently say she's a "miss" for me; not my aesthetic-- Also, I hope those attached antlers don't give PathosTale too much shipping hassle!

@karasu_l'elfe She looks AMAZING! :D

9. @Xila Thanks <3

I really like the antlers of the new doll, but I mostly expect to see the rest.

10. You Pan is amazing!!! I am soooo sad I miss this sale :') I want one so much!

I can't wait to see the new one :)

11. On a lark, I popped a wig on my Pan and gave her Victory rolls...and I kinda fell in love with this style on her! Her features really suit it. After all of the crazy, complicated fantasy themes I've been going back and forth in my head for her...I think I'm just going to make her fantastic pin-up style! :chibi
      Though now I have to decide if I can cut holes in this wig to put her horns on or what I have to do here...
      Hahaha, so many tiny bobby pins.

(Photo is kinda bad...sorry...I'm getting over being sick, so shaky hands are shaky.)

[​IMG]

#52 Lady Ravenswood, May 22, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    12. omg I saw their promo pictures but shes so much more gorgeous in real life!:D

13. I gave Balqis a faceup!

[​IMG]

#54 Lady Ravenswood, Jun 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    14. Such a unique face for her, @Lady Ravenswood !!! Suits her victory rolls very well!! :D

15. That is an unexpected face-up ! I like the look it gives to your Pan. The eyes' face-up is wonderful. She looks like a beauty from an other time !

16. Thank you @Xila. ^__^
      I really love how vintage her beauty is!! I hadn't noticed it at first, but once I started messing with her hair, I was like...ohhhh! @.@

Thank you so much @Follow-the-Wind!
      She really suits the style more than I would have ever imagined at first. ^____^

17. @Lady Ravenswood You're welcome!

My own Pan is still in progress. No change since my last picture, only new clothes :

[​IMG]
      by Follow-the-Wind, on Flickr

She is wearing an Iplehouse EID outfit ^_^

18. Nude doll below
      Balqis got a manicure yesterday. <3

[​IMG]

Er...now she needs clothes. :sweat

19. (I'm fairly sure this goes here, as he is nearly 60cm without horns, but correct me if I'm wrong)
      So, is anyone else ordering MiSheng?