1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathos Tale

Jun 8, 2016

1. Yup, they were very well padded and hidden in there. She's actually going with me to our last local doll meet of the year in 2 days, so we'll see how she goes transport wise xD

2. Congrats @Limabeanbro - Looking forward to seeing pics :) I need to post some as well!

Hope you have a good time at the doll meet @Gathephaar

Also - I have no basis for comparison, as she's my first BJD but a) she seems to pose pretty well straight out of the box. but b) she seems to be strung pretty tightly? Will she be ok if left strung like this?

3. @Vanytie yeah I noticed she is a little bit creaky, usually when a doll is new it just needs some time before the stringing gets a little more loose, basically just play around and pose her and stuff and eventually she'll feel less tightly strung :)

4. Really? I didn't find mine tightly strung at all. It was perfect. She is creaky, but I've never had a new doll that wasn't.
      Turns out that if you mummy the arms, and be careful of the antlers she transports really well despite the bulk.

5. Ok great - was just worried about damaging her, as don't really know what I'm doing yet!

Pleased she transports well. And she may not be the definition of tightly strung. I'm not sure - I'd never seen a BJD before my MiSheng. Mine's definitely not loosely strung, through - wanted to make sure I wasn't going to damage her. Seems like the stringing might be perfect!

6. @Vanytie yeah she doesn't appear to be too tightly strung to me, but with the new doll creakyness it may feel like it :) BJD's can handle quite a lot, so you shouldn't be too concered about damaging her.

7. *cries* I was aware of Misheng's release, but I didn't have any extra income during that time and I completely regret not getting her... I love the bodies of PathosTale sculpts. Especially Pan's! Even though Pan can't stand for long by herself, Pan is still majestic... Oh dear, I really want Pan. But seeing everyone's posts and photos of Pan and Misheng is awesome!!

8. Hey hello I'm back

[​IMG]

She's so elegant I love her :D

9. Her horns are amazing! They look like lace. <3

10. Hi there~
      I've a question for you, am I the only one who has issues with putting a wig on her?

I've about four boxes full of wigs, around 50 different ones and none of them can be put on this head with the horns on.
      Any tips?

11. I've definitely had the same issue, so I'm going to try to make a custom wig for her!

If you're not wanting to make something entirely new though, I'd say edit a wig you already have to give it holes/enough room for the antlers

12. Hmmm.. My guess would be find one that you can sit further back using tape or something to keep it on, then drape the hair around the horns as needed.

13. Aaah, good to know that I'm not the only one x°D. I would probably try to do something custom for her, thank you!

I did something like that at first, trying to wrap the hair around the horns, but the result wasn't so good ^^;;

14. I sympathize with you guys! I still haven't quite worked up the courage to chop into Balqis' wig yet...so she's remained without her glorious horns for the time being. :sweat

She did get some new eyes in the mail today though! <3

[​IMG]

15. I've painted my girl and I've given her some new teeth, 'cause her weren't teeth enough, you know... They're not permanent, I can take them off and put them back on whenever I want.
      I've also sculpted a little tongue for her, but I still have to paint it ^^;

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. @EchoUndine
      I love the teeth you made! ^___^
      And somehow I never realized that her horns were attached with magnets! @.@
      Whoooooa~
      She looks great. :chocoheart

17. Wo
      Wow, she's great - love the direction you've taken her in; it's very different. The delicate lower lashes you've painted are incredible. Hope I can do something half as nice when I come to painting my girl!

18. Thank you both ^^.
      Lady Ravenswood: Lol. Uhm, I was looking at your girl... maybe you've already told that before, but did you mod her eyes to be more open?
      Vanytie: good make ups need practice, you'll have your way with them).

As for me, I'm not particularly thrilled to have to make her a custom wig since I'm just a beginner and they take ages to be done ;;;.
      Also I've my commissions to finish before I'll be able to touch her again, sigh, I'm super sad ;;;

However she's going to wear a hanbok, because it's about a couple of years that I'm obsessed with them and I still haven't made one of those so far, but I've no idea about her eyes. I'm probably going to see if kanis augen has something suitable for her.
      What about you?

19. Lady Ravenswood: Oh, really? I'm sorry, I might have saw it really wrong ^^;;