1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Patience in the hobby

Nov 19, 2017

1. This is me! I have to keep notes of things for reference. I will set up e-mails to myself with a Send date out in the future as reminders of things to follow-up on. For my current doll on order, I put it on my calendar on date should receive him; electronic calendar and calendar hanging up in the kitchen. I'm really absent minded!

2. When I first ordered a doll one million years ago (2007?) I don't remember being impatient. But I am now. I cannot stop checking my email, even though I know it will not be coming so soon. I will be surprised if it arrives in another 3 months (ordered about 3 months ago) I hope that it will. Well it would be delightful if it could arrive before the end of the year!! I'm not holding my breath though.

3. I am saving for my Feb tokyo so i can buy a volks yosd there and i been stalking mandarake to see any of the doll i wanted still there! I cannot buy anythings now so its very hard looking at doll stuffs! :(

4. I'm terrible about being patient when it comes to getting a new doll. I always buy dolls on layaway, but I usually cave in and pay off the layaway early, because I can't wait.

5. I'm waiting for a head sculpted by one of my favorite artists and I'm really excited... but really impatient :( All my dolls I have now have had pretty short wait times (because they were already in stock, second hand, etc...) But waiting for a body for a floating head, especially if it's your first bjd, takes strength lol. Good luck finding a body for your little guy! :)

6. I get really impatient about doll orders and check them frequently (like every day or multiple times a day) and then a crazy hell week happens and I barely have the time left to think about anything, let along dolls. Then I forget (I don't have the brainpower to keep it in my mind), and the doll arrives. Naturally.

7. My most recent impatience was waiting for an event to start. I knew which sculpts I wanted, and I had the money ready to go, but I refuse to order outside of events, and I had to wait for the event anyway to get the resin color I wanted.

And then when the event started, they announced the resin color was available... and forgot to order it. So there I was, impatiently waiting to throw my money at an order I couldn't place yet!

(On the flipside, once I order I'm usually quite patient until I get the shipping notice, so I was settled in for a good wait once the order was confirmed... then it shipped almost three months sooner than I expected.)

8. I think that was my biggest newbie mistake: ordering an expensive doll on preorder instead of looking around at "in-stocks". I didn't wait too long for my Luts body but my impatience is much better served if I can find a doll in stock and have it in my hands in a few days or weeks.

9. Newbie mistake for me in only liking a DollZone body for my floating head :frownyblush: desperately looking for it secondhand to try and avoid wait times but I might just have to suck it up and order new and wait haha

10. My biggest problem with patience in this hobby is waiting to get the money for my first doll. I´ve been wanting one for years, yet every single time I save up money something happens that makes me have to spend it, no matter the money goal I had set. I tried to forget these dolls just because of how hard it is for me to get one, but at the same time I just know I´d be so happy if I got one. BJDs appeal me too much for me to forget them xD

At least, I´m sure waiting for the doll to arrive won´t be much of a problem after this.

11. I'm waiting for a body for a head I have (head purchased secondhand) It's about a three month wait, and I can't wait to get her finished! XD

12. But when you finally get him... oh it's worth the wait!

13. I'm waiting for a DOD cota but I'm very impatient and I look for a other doll :roll:

14. When I ordered my first doll, I got myself a chalk and marked off all days that passed on my wardrobe, and pretty soon the entire thing was covered in lines... I didn't think that through, and got chalk all over my clothes because I kept rubbing against the doors. Now it's been almost a decade since then and I'm ordering a new doll, and I hope I've gotten better at waiting, but I don't trust myself much about that. I might have to dig up the chalk again :sigh

15. Okay but that's actually a really good idea minus the chalk :XD: good way to see how much times passed and how long you have to go!

16. I am NOT a patient person and I'm really dying on the inside right now T____T I'm waiting on my first doll to be shipped out, and I also have like ten other wigs, clothes, random glitters for eyemaking etc. coming in the mail too.....I've been checking my mailbox religiously

17. I used to be really impatient when I was younger but now that I'm older (I've had so many things that I was impatient about) and so busy it is a lot better. It's just a fun surprise when something arrives in the mail now. :)

18. I’m usually patient when waiting for a doll... until it ships and i get the tracking number, that’s when i get impatient and keep checking the tracking expecting it to come sooner than it probably would. Like right now, i’m waiting for a doll and the initial delivery date estimation was for today but it changed because of delays and i want my doll! :XD:

19. I’m waiting for my Mystic eyes preorder. Everyone who’s ever ordered those know how long it takes. =__= It’s my second preorder, so I know what to expect, but still it gets worse towards the end, especially since the completion date has been delayed twice already.

20. So the longer the wait time or the more uncertain the wait, the more patient I am about things. I'm waiting on two heads with uncertain shipping dates, but I've got a third head on hold and I am due to pay on the 8th and it's ready to ship immediately, and I'm absolutely up in arms WHY CAN'T I PAY NOW?!?!?! (I'm broke til payday) and I'm looking around trying to figure out if there's anything random that I can sell quickly for more cash so I can get it faster! XD