1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peak's Woods Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 15, 2008

1. I messaged DenverDoll yesterday about buying just a pw msd head and got a reply

yeah so I guess you can only order SD heads...... rats! I really want morimoth

btw... I heard that PW can fit on a bobobie body... has anyone tried that?

2. I found that 6-7 inch wigs fit better on my Morimoth than the 7-8 inch ones.

3. thaelia- Thanks for your reply ^___^
      Would you say there much difference between 6-7 inch to 7-8 inch? o3o
      Like is 7-8 inch that much looser? :sweat:

I just found this 7~8 wig I like T3T
      But I hoping it's good fit @__@

4. Well, a 7-8 inch is more apt to fall off. Especially if it's closer to 8 inches. :sweat

Pretty much all the MSD-sized wigs I had looked awkward on her. It's just as well I had a number of Yo-sized wigs on hand to try.

5. If compare the PW fob body to the MNF bodies I think you can see that the MNF body is better at posing :sweat

Orangey34 said this to me about them, I hope she doesn't mind that I post it here to help others ^___^

I think I should be ordering my Punky Beetle at the end of May if everything goes well..:)
      Could anyone tell me if they take a while to send dolls if you order them with faceup? ^^

6. [​IMG]

Meet Penelope. It occurred to me I never posted my Morimoth, so here she is.

I'd ask for custom makeup based on the Ladybee wig model. Still looking for eyes to replace the defaults, though.

7. I ordered her from the Peak's Woods site, and they did the custom faceup.

Mm.. resin wise it's pretty good, nice and dense. The best thing quality about the body is that it's a sturdy stander. My best stander on and in anything.

But compared to some of my other dolls, it just doesn't have the pose-ability they do. The body is slimmer, and I've found clothes made for fashion dolls fit fairly well.

8. I ordered her without a faceup, actually. I want to do my own. So, only a few more weeks, probably! I still need to make her some clothes. I think I have some patterns that will work well.
      I have her look sketched out. I know her face isn't exactly like a Mory Moth.
      [​IMG]

9. Hi everyone,

I just got my elf Lady Bee and noticed that her seams are a mess. I've been trying to research and most people seem to say that they don't mind seams because they're not particularly prominent. Well, I can't really make a proper judgment because the only other resin I have is an Aod, which comes sanded when you buy it, but I'd say Lady Bee's seams are pretty prominent. They're quite obvious and fairly jagged in some areas. Only my old camera phone is working so I can't really show them, but I can see the ones on her arms from 2 meters away. I think that's pretty prominent.

She looks cracked - the only ones that are faint are the ones from her neck to her shoulder - and I can see with those how you would disregard them and maybe consider them to give her character, but her arms and legs look pretty bad.

So has anyone else had problems with Peak's Woods doll having really bad seams?

10. Twisted_Ivy- I have only had one doll with seams and his were pretty minor. In fact I didn't notice until I looked for them. DO you think you can sand them to make them less noticeable? That is what I would do if they bothered me.

11. Twisted_Ivy: My Punky Beetle's seams on his arms (I think it was his arms) really stood out and were visible but since I've sanded him (a bit) so they aren't that noticeable.

12. I see...thanks guys. I didn't think they would bother me and they didn't at first but they're just so glaringly obvious! And I'm scared to sand them because of the whole toxic resin thing and because apparently sanded areas are more prone to yellowing? Which is also worrying me since I ordered NS but she's MUCH paler than Aod, Leekeworld, and Dollndoll NS so I'm thinking that maybe they sent me WS by mistake too. @_@

13. I have heard more than once that the NS is very pale, so the WS for PW may be more like Bobobie, which is paper white. If you sand in water you wont have the dust. Also, I have read that sanding doesn't necessarily cause more yellowing, but sun exposure will. It is up to you, of course. Clothing can hide seams just as well too.

14. I got my girl! She is wonderful- stood right out of the box. The resin is a peaches and cream color (NS) and is very smooth. The parting lines are not very noticeable. She is definately bigger than my RS Ju even though they call her a slim mini.
      I named her Lydia Amorette Ambrosine, and she will eventually be a steampunk girl.
      [​IMG]
      I have posted her box opening already.

15. Thanks P-Elflet! That is a Kimono set bought on the marketplace. I wanted it for her, but then I used it for my Rs Ju's box opening. It still fits Lydia better. The blonde wig I was going to try on Lydia was way too small and fit my Ju, Eglantine, perfectly. There is a huge difference in size between the RS minis and PW FOB girls. I was surprised at how big she was!

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5080919#post5080919

edit to add the box opening link

16. Ok Im posting my girl again because I got her new wig in today. I decided that she needed a pink ringlet wig after the first two wigs I tried didnt really do it for me:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I think its a winner!

17. Ho, they have changed their website (new colors, etc).
      And we can order the new wake up Goldie in NS or WS now :celebrate