1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peak's Woods Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 15, 2008

1. Hello everyone.
      I just found this thread after buying a Peak's Woods Pop Moth msd doll on a whim from Denver Doll. It was in stock and I just went for it, even though other dolls have been on my want list for a while.
      I haven't named him, yet. He'll have to go by the silly name Peak's Woods gave him for now. I also haven't taken many photos of him yet, but here are a couple:

First, he's dressed for his first day of school with a camo shirt and backpack. He's got some hiking boots coming. Sandals will do for now:

[​IMG]

Here he is with an off-topic doll (Goodreau's Schemer). Pop Moth is on the right. I added some light freckles to contribute to the boy-next-door look.

[​IMG]

2. Thanks, pumibel! I thought his face looked quite a bit like my Elfdoll Twiggy Yumi, so I bought him to be her little brother. Here is a close-up of the two of them that will have to do for now. I need a 3/4 face photo of them since their most similar features are their chin lines, noses and large eyes.

Oh, and I've finally picked a name for him: He's Paul M. Woods, heehee.

[​IMG]

3. I agree that these dolls are wonderful. I don't have any new photos of my Pop Moth, but here are some full-length pics of him with a Goodreau.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a tighter shot. As you can see, these two are camping buddies!

[​IMG]

4. It's winter and no more camping for a while. Paul (Pop Moth) has a new cold-weather outfit.

[​IMG]

5. Peakswoods girls are absolutely gorgeous! Their faces and their eyes appeals to me.:aheartbea
      My first BJD is a Goldie and my second one is a Lady Bee Elf.
      She arrived at home on Christmas Eve, less than 3 months after I received the first one!
      Although I prefer girls looking more mature (as most of the larger dolls), I am literally seduced by Lady Bee.
      Her face is so cute. I adore her big eyes. She looks so romantic ♥

My little elf name is Aëlyn.
      Here are two pictures of her, until I open her gallery.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

She wears Dollheart dress and shoes on these pictures. Her wig comes from Peakswoods.
      Her posing is acceptable but limited.

As I got a second head with normal ears with my girl, I would like to try an hybrid of that Peakwoods head with a MNF active line body to give the new girl a more flexible body.
      Does anybody try to hybrid PW Head with MBF Body already?

6. 96neko : Like you, I would like to try to hybrid a Peakswoods head on a MNF active line body.
      I 've compared the doll sizes. As you can see below they have the same girth of neck and similar dimensions.

Here are thePeakswoods FOB dolls detail info :
      Height : 42cm
      Length from head to waist : 21cm
      Length from waist to feet : 21cm
      Length of sleeves : 16cm
      Girth of head : 18cm (in : 7)
      Girth of neck : 7cm
      Width of shoulders : 8cm
      Girth of chest : 17cm(18)
      Girth of waist : 15cm
      Girth of hip : 20cm
      Length of foot : 5.5cm
      Eyes : 14~16mm

Here are the MNF dolls detail info :
      MiniFee Girl Active Line (Large) (Small) (Cutie)

Height (Cm/Inch) : (41.0/16.1) <- <-
      Weight (g/lbs) : (420/0.9) <- <-
      Head circumference (Cm/Inch) : (18.5/7.3 ) <- <-
      Neck circumference (Cm/Inch) : (7.0/2.8) <- <-
      Shoulder width (Cm/Inch) : (8.0/3.1 )<- <-
      Shoulder to wrist (Cm/Inch) : (12.0/4.7) <- <-
      Elbow to wrist (Cm/Inch) : (5.5/2.2) <- <-
      Length of back (Cm/Inch) : (8.0/3.1) <- <-
      Chest circumference (Cm/Inch) : (18.0/7.0 ) (15.5/6.1) (14.5/5.6)
      Waist circumference (Cm/Inch) : (12.0/4.7) <- <-
      Hip circumference (Cm/Inch) : (19.0/7.5) <- <-
      Hip to knee (Cm/Inch) : (11.5/4.5) <- <-
      Knee to ankle (Cm/Inch) : ( 9.5/3.7 )<- <-
      Ankle circumference (Cm/Inch) : (5.0/1.9) <- <-
      Feet size (Cm/Inch) : (5.5/2.1) <- <-

I asked to my french retailer if she think that is possible. She answered me that it is feasible. You just need to remove the screw from the MNF body and replace it by a hook to attach the Peakswood head. But she said that it is not difficult to do.
      Regarding the resin color she told me that there are slight diffences (for normal skin) but that can be dimmed with a body blush.
      I have other priorities at present time but I think a lot to do it in future.
      I don't know if someone else already tried it as PW is not popular as you said, but I would like to see some pictures of the result before starting my project.

7. Where are all the Peak's Woods doll lovers? We need to enliven this thread!

Paul says he must be in the wilderness all by himself, because no one ever drops by!

[​IMG]

8. Hi Peakswoods doll lovers !

Here is Aëlyn with her new dress...but she doesn't have shoes yet.

[​IMG]

9. the clothes i buy from dollmore and various sellers on etsy/ebay are a little too small most of the time. my punky beetle seems to be a fattie :3

10. Hi hi~ I'm considering getting a PW Mori Moth, but I'm iffy about getting one because of the posing limitations some of you have mentioned. Can someone please post pictures of PW bodies' posing?

11. @aiushtha ..... I do not have picture you request since my Bee got Luts body. I thinks Luts is a considerate choice in case you want yours in white skin, the resin pretty match well. A little difference to see by eyes but more clearly via camera lens. But the head are more older than body since it's '06 matching with '10 body.

indoor, natural+neon light

[​IMG]

indoor, natural light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yellowish neon light

[​IMG]

Hope this help ^^

ps. I do not have picture but my friend says Lut NS can be match with PK NS too, I think it's a good news. lol

12. 96neko: That's a pretty doll^_^ somehow I never considered getting her but it's always different seeing real pics. What clothes can she wear?

13. Thanks, Ariss! ^^

I'm falling in love with her even when she came to me with blank head. PW doll are very awesome!

For your question, since my Bee got Luts body so I think all clothes except ones for slim msd will fit. Actually maybe even slim msd clothes will fit her too but never get my hands on them that I'm not so sure. Luts and Dollmore are best choice in my case. ^^

14. I'm thinking of getting a Romantic Lady Bee Elf. Does anyone have pics of her? And do the elf ears cause problems when slipping the wig? I have an RS Ju and her elf ears were problematicas the wig couldn't go over them.Can I ask what wig size she takes?

15. Does anyone know how the peakswood white and dollzone white skins match? i was thinking of making a hybrid, peakswood head with dz girl body.

AND does punky beetle head fit 7/8 wig or do all the msd sized peakswoods fit 6/7?

thanks! :d

16. I'll second the Romantic Lady Bee Elf Ariss -- I can't decide between her and Mori Moth but R Lady Bee was the first BJD to really draw me into this hobby -- although I've gone the SD route so far :)

... so RL pics would be helpful!

17. Well, I've got a normal skin Romantic Lady Bee on lay-away now^^ She'll arrive in roughly 3 months. I promise to post pics then.

But could someone supply some basic information like wig size, type of clothes, shoes?

18. I look forward to your pics Ariss :D

19. I hate to ask again but is there some information post about basic information like wig size, type of clothes, shoes for the PW MSDs?