1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peak's Woods Mini Discussion Thread

Jun 15, 2008

1. Thank you :)
      The color of the skin is lovely.
      It's more of a light tan and also with brown undertones, instead of red or orange.

2. Hello, reviving this thread. I was wondering what body hybrids well with an FOB Normal Skin head?

3. [​IMG]

My vampire princess Lucretia (vampire romantic dotty muse in emerald green) finally has her eyes, wig and clothes ready!

4. @suruni She’s truly stunning…a gorgeous girl!:D That resin color is amazing and I love the way you’ve styled her.

5. Awesome colour combo! So pretty! ^_^

6. I'm curious if those who ordered FOB dolls during the April RabbitHolic ordering window have received their dolls? I received my Mori Moth on July 30th! I was so amazed - I had figured I'd receive her well into autumn. Only a 3-month wait! Awesome!

I'm really surprised that no one has posted yet! Since no one else has posted, I have felt a little hesitant to spam the board with my own photos! O_O

The reason I'm writing, is that I'd love to see photos of everyone else's dolls - unboxing, photo shoots, and any other experiences people would like to share!

I'm also curious and excited to see owner photos of the limited edition RabbitHolic face-ups and clothing. My Mori Moth has the not-so-basic "basic" Peak's Woods face-up - oh man, it is so pretty! Those eyelashes.... <melts> And she's sparkly! ^_^ <LOVE!!>

Her body sculpting is SO detailed - from creases on her hands to the little ankle bone. I'm so glad I went for Peak's Woods for my first BJD! And, I am so so glad they offered Mori Moth - I fell head over heels in love with her when I first learned of Peak's Woods and went to their site in January 2021. I was worried she had been retired, because all photos I had found on Flickr, were from around 2015 at the latest. But nope, she was available in April! :)

To me, she looks so much like a happy little songbird. (I'm building her character story around birds. She is also an artist.). ^_^

I have unboxing photos of my Mori Moth - if anyone is interested, I'll post some of them once I get them up on my Flickr. I'm planning some photo-shoots too, that I'd like to post if there is interest. I just feel a little hesitant, since no one else has posted photos - I don't want to spam and annoy everyone! :)

7. When it comes to photos where the doll is nude, is it okay to post the photos as taken, or is it more appropriate to edit the photo so that the "private areas" are obscured, or to put undergarments on the doll?

8. @Apocatiel Congratulations on your new girl, and yes…please feel free to share photos! We’d love to see them! As for nude photos, especially in box openings or to illustrate a body, it’s all good! We’re all used to some necessary nudity when it comes to BJDs since bodies are a big part of this hobby. I hope this puts your mind at ease.:)

9. The more I see peaks woods dolls the more they’ve grown on me. I’m really interested in their fantasy colors (that emerald green :love ).

Do they pose well? I used to have a more diverse group of dolls back in the day, but once I got a minifee they took over my hobby and I feel a little spoiled with their posing ability. These are the first dolls outside of Fairyland that have tempted me since exclusively collecting minifees.

How often do they release the fantasy colors? Is it a pretty regular thing? Are you usually able to order them through Denver Doll Emporium as pre-orders when there’s an event?

10. She’s adorable, love the color of her and her eyes,wig, and outfit are perfect. Did you make her outfit?

11. Thank you for liking my little vampire! :)

@mydaffer Yes, I made the outfit. It consists from three layers of dresses (one underdress and two diffrent type of dresses on top of that) plus the coat. It's a mix of different centuries since the character the doll is based on has lived since 14th century.

[​IMG]

12. That’s even more amazing that it’s custom and she looks amazing like that too! Lovely photo! I’m going to have to pay more attention to my girl. ;)

13. @PoeticSoul - Okay, awesome! :) I didn't think it would be a problem, but I just wanted to make sure, since I've seen some nudity warning messages on YouTube and Flickr and such.

I'll be posting my photos in the next couple of days. I'd LOVE to see others' new FOB dolls too! ^_^

I also recently ordered the full-set of Nana from the RabbitHolic event - she is in the lavender-pink resin, with everything, even the rabbit ears! (ohh those freckles....!) So cute!

I've been shopping around for the perfect wig for her skin tone. I'm thinking about a deep violet at the moment. She's on layaway with Denver Doll, and I won't be receiving her until around March, so I have a lot of time to shop. :)

If anyone has any advice about wig colours that would look good with the lavender-pink resin, please let me know! ^_^

14. Okay, I just read all 46 pages of this thread (phew) trying to soak up all the PW pictures and learn as much about them as I can! 2016 was an active year here lol I wish it would pick up like that again. I’m surprised no one has been talking about the winter event that just passed. Did anyone order?

I’ve been wanting a green skinned doll for as long as I can remember and was so excited to see they opened that up as an option this time around. BUT before the event began, I spent a long time looking at the moonlight grey rabbit holic little Mona in stock at DDE, and the more I fell for her. It was such a hard choice between her and an emerald green little Romi… I don’t think I’ve ever been so conflicted about a doll choice! In the end I went with Mona because I really like that limited faceup, she is already made and in the US. I truly hope another chance will come around to get an emerald green Romi though!

15. I ordered a green skin romantic vampire Dotty Muse with the dark elves make up in the event :)
      She will be my 6th Peakswoods FOB :sweat

16. @Pyoko Congratulations she will be a beauty :love I would have picked her in emerald green as well if they had offered her with the fully open eyed option! I’m still new to their site but it seemed like they were just sticking to the romantic version this time around. I love Dotty Muse though and those little fangs are irresistible! You must have an amazing collection, I have a strong feeling this won’t be my only PW FOB either

17. Thank you :)

As for the head option, you can choose which head you want with a drop down menu.
      Go to the order page of the doll
      For example FOB Vampire Romantic Dotty Muse_Dark Elves

The first drop down menu allowes you to choose the head you want the event make up on.

They are also very nice and responsive, you can ask them everything you might be unsure about through their QnA board.

18. @Pyoko thank you for the tip! I did see all the heads in the drop down menu, but I just wasn’t sure if they were truly available, it’s great to know for next time! I think I’m in trouble, my little Mona is on layaway, so not even home yet, and I’m already dreaming of the day where I can order another :sweat

Would love to see anyone’s spam while I wait for my doll, I can’t get enough of them lately. Now I just have to stay on the hunt for the perfect shade wig I’m picturing for her and getting her a few things before her arrival!

19. Romantic vampire Dotty Muse in green skin is definitely a good choice! :D I love my michievous girl! I want to take pictures of her with my PW Rosemii since I think they look like a big and little sister but I've had such a busy December I haven't had time to do any doll stuff.

[​IMG]

20. @suruni your Dotty Muse is stunning! It’s great to see a custom faceup, I think they’re hard to find because PW makes such beautiful ones already, but I love getting to see the diversity of sculpts with individualized looks. The pink and blue really pop with her green skin. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your duo one day!