1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peakswoods 26cm Fairies of Fairy Tales discussion part 2

May 29, 2015

1. Sassy rose finally got her stuff in :)

[​IMG]

2. Wow - she looks great!

3. Emmilmee, she looks fantastic! I love all the blue; it just makes her eyes POP!

Congrats! She a wonderful doll! :thumbup

4. These girls!! :thumbup

[​IMG]

5. Ah, that blue really compliments this beauty! :aheartbea Very sweet, give her a :bcupcake.

6. Hello! Sorry I know this is old but I was wondering where did you buy her outfit? I'm in love!!:love Also I love love love how you style all of your dolls!!

7. She's beautiful! I love all the blue :)
      Your girls are all so adorable!

Here is my Sassy:
      [​IMG]My Peak's Woods Sassy Rosy got a new wig

8. Thanks so much!

9. Stellarphenomena, your girls are so cute! I love all those little "peace" signs! (Though, I'm sure that two-finger gesture probably means something different in Asian culture.)

That wig is perfect on her, periwinklestars! She looks amazing! I am so in love her face-up!

10. My neglected little girl finally found her look and her name today...meet Chelsea :D
      [​IMG]
      Chelsea
      by clochette62, on Flickr

11. I'm 25% away from finishing my peakswood lay-a-way. Then it'll be about 4 months they said before all of my girls come home. It's such a long wait :o

12. How do these (26cm) compare to a barbie doll? I am in need of some comparison ><
      I only recently got into BJDs (currently 2 days in) and I normally collect nendoroids so this will be my first time purchasing something larger than ~4 inches. And I am nervous since 26cm seems like a lot to me... My limit was 20cm until I saw peak's woods FOF line, their designs are so beautiful... *__*

13. .
      They are bulkier than anything like a Barbie doll. This is the best kind of comparison I could find:
      Doll Height Comparison

Peak's Wood also has a tiny sized doll line called FantaWood which is a bit smaller (15.5cm).

If you want to learn more about BJDs in general and how they compare to something like a Barbie Doll, I'd suggest the resource in the wiki or watching some youtube videos. :) I would also highly recommend you do your research before choosing a doll since there are so many kinds out there and they are not cheap. If you do decide that you want a yosd Peak's Wood then you'll have to keep an eye out for their next FOF event (they announce these facebook) since they no longer sell dolls outside of events.

@clochette

She is a really pretty girl :3nodding:. Love the bright blue eyes with the tan skin.

14. Thanks for the picture! So I'm guessing the FOF dolls are similar to #8?

Their FantaWood line is really pretty as well but it doesn't really hold my interest as much as their FOF line (Their FOC dolls are even prettier :love but much too large for me.... :eek: )

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep an eye on their FB for their next event!
      I've been watching some videos to guage the sizes of the 1/4, 1/6, 1/8 dolls and default face-ups.. It helps a lot but I feel like I still need to have one physically to know my size limitations lol

By the way, I see you have access to the marketplace, is it okay if I ask you how many sale listings are there? Like... I'm thinking of purchasing some second handed dolls through YJA but the shipping and fees add up and I don't know if the DoA marketplace would have the ones I'm interested in.... *_* so if DoA have a lot of dolls up for sale, I might just refrain myself from ordering....

And what brand is the doll from your dp from? She looks beautiful :D

15. @clochette - Chelsea is such a pretty and suitable name for such a gentle looking girl. I love her in the suntan skin, precious.

@eternalblue8 - You are correct #8 in the photo above would be comparable to the FoF size dolls. :-)
      I recommend going to a local doll meet or doll show if you can, that way you can get a better idea of the scale of these dolls. Especially if you want to see them in person before purchasing. They are considered YoSD size just fyi in case someone uses that term, or you can ask people at the meet which dolls are YoSD.
      Also, I had tinies at first and then leapt up to SD size (which is now my preferred size) so what you end up liking the most may surprise you.

I checked the marketplace in the tiny section and found 6 of the FoFs for sale, so it's a good option. I looked up both 'Peak's Woods' and 'Peakswoods' since sometimes they are listed under either term.
      Happy hunting!

16. She is a Peaks Wood FOC Shaia :3nodding:. My first doll was an SD size and I never found her too big but I know many people who think MSD is the ideal. As faireva said, it may be best to find a local group or an event in your area if you need to seem them first. A good way to find groups is here on the forums or by searching facebook. Most yosd's are about the same size so it wouldn't have to be a Peak's Wood to get a feel. I personally would recommend buying your first doll from the company rather than the marketplace. Generally, the marketplace isn't a ton cheaper than the company and sometimes issues can occur if someone isn't honest or expectations are different. Also, Peak's Wood has a really fair layaway program ($100 a month) which can make things more affordable.

17. Thanks, I'll look into those doll meets/shows :) I actually just purchased my first dollie ! A SOOM 1.7 :D I'll probably go to a doll meet to see ones larger than 20cm... True, I might turn out to like MSD size or larger in the future, I won't be surprised when that day comes, though I have a feeling I'm already starting to like dolls on the 1/4 - 1/6 scale, they're just a lot more beautiful and detailed.. especially the clothes :D

Thanks for looking that up for me! I really like their FoF Vampire dolls, does Peak's Woods normally rerelease or will they have a new batch?

Your Shaia is so beautiful!! :love
      I'm located in NY so it seems like I have a lot of options, I might attend the October doll show here !
      Lol, I actually just purchased my first doll off YJA, I couldn't resist! It was the ideal size for me (17cm) :XD:
      And I guess I spoke too soon, I'm starting to look at more MSD listings lately... especially Peak's Woods FOB line, I really like Dotty Muse and Mia!

How often does Peak's Woods hold events?

18. The basic line dolls are made available repeatedly. However, limited dolls (like the vampires) are very rarely rereleased. I would say they do an event about every 3/4 months as long as orders do not get too backed up. If you feel comfortable answering, what side of NY are you on? I was born in NY and know of some of the dolls groups, least on the western side.

19. Hi! Can I get some help figuring out which sculpt this little girl is? I bought her from someone that was not good at record keeping, and she had thrown out all of her doll COA/boxes years ago. (!!) Inside her head is stamped 2008.4 if that helps at all.

[​IMG]