1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pear Shaped Trend....how do you feel?

Dec 21, 2011

1. I like the pears. I especially love Lillycat dolls! It seems after I discovered Lillycat, I started noticing more and more. I am one to love variety, and I love how many different kinds of body shapes there are. But not just because they're different, I like them because of their beautiful curves.

2. I actually love this trend! It looks a lot like my body type in particular, so it makes me feel less self-conscious, and that my body can be seen as "beautiful" even by random strangers. It's a great confidence booster for me :)

3. I actually like them. At first I wasn't sure how to feel about them. My first exposure to them was doll chateau but as I fell in love with Delia I slowly fell in love with all of doll chateau and now I'm a huge fan. Later I saw some of the other pear shaped dolls and same thing. I wasn't sure at first but now I really like them and nearly bought a doll on the second hand market out of impulse because I thought her pear shaped body was cute.

4. I love them! I wish there were more body types available for BJDs.

5. I don't like how extreme the wider hips and narrower shoulders are on some DC dolls. The DZ 19cm mature girls are much more subtly pear shaped in pictures, but are noticabley so in person. I have one and while maybe a bit "idealized", it's attractive and cute. Though being small enough to sit in my hand may play a part in my perception of her being cute!

6. I actually got into the hobby right when this started and am glad to see it's mostly died out just because I really don't like the aesthetic. I wish they would offer a wider variety of normal human body types (muscular women, plump adults) before getting into all the artsy fantasy body types.

I mean, if one company wants to have like their "thing" that's fine, but the trends are kind of annoying.

Current trend seems to be gaping puckered lips and over-exaggerated hourglass shape with glamour style breasts becoming the new "normal." I kind of like some of the older, blockier, "doll-like" dolls personally.

7. I wasn't a huge fan until I finally saw one in person at a doll meet. I think they're pretty cute, but I don't know that I'd ever get one. :daisy

8. Noo...
      It's a no for me.
      I don't like how they have teeny tiny upper bodies. It's too wacky for me. I prefer more proportionate, large breasted, mature girl dolls. Just my opinion though. ^_^

9. I love all shapes and sizes and have a good mix including pear shaped beauties in my collection :)