1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pear Shaped Trend....how do you feel?

Dec 21, 2011

1. I don't like the pear-shape trend any more than I like the hot-babe fashion doll body look (ie big boobs, small waist, curvy hips). I like the stick-straight, painfully thin androgynous look. ^^;;

Of course I'm speaking for dolls I buy... for people, I love whatever they look like; big, small and anywhere in between. :-)

2. If you don't like, don't buy it, you don't even have to look at it. No-one's forcing you to.

There is no need to be rude. :(

3. She's actually not YoSD sized. She's more in line with Minifee and Chibi Unoa in scale than she is any YoSD doll, which is why I always am taken aback when people go on about her looking like a small child.

[​IMG]

4. I wouldn't buy them, but I think it's really important for this hobby to keep doing new and exciting things, so I like them in that way. Aesthetically I do think they're really interesting to look at, much more so than the usual girl body, so for that I applaud their sculptors.

5. I admit, I don't really quite get what's to discuss about this - it's a trend that may or may not last a long time, and it's personal opinion whether you like it or not. I like this new trend. Others don't, and as long as we mutually accept each other's preferences, I don't see the problem or the need to discuss.

^Exactly what I mean :)

6. I've always liked the Aoi Tuki body, but some of the newer super exaggerated ones don't do much for me.

It just depends on the doll, and to what degree they're emphasizing the shape. Some I find myself liking, others I find myself not really liking. It's no different than my reaction to other doll body types, really.

Would I buy one? No, probably not. It's not the sort of aesthetic I find myself being drawn towards. I tend to like mature bodies with pronounced breasts (but not to the point where they're teetering on being akin to udders). But that doesn't mean I like every busty mature body. Sort of like the pear-shaped ones. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future if one I like comes out. But it would depend on a lot of things, company, price, quality, poseability, size...

7. Although I didn't like them at first I find them quite cute.
      It is not for me, but I incredibly enjoy looking at pictures, just like I enjoy looking at pictures of Soom's dolls, which are also not for me...
      To each his own!

8. I am curious how the pear-shaped trend is going to develop. As I see it now, it's interesting, but not quite refined enough just yet (obvious disclaimer: it's only my opinion, etc. etc.).

For example, Mikhaila. I keep coming back to look at her and I am quite interested in her overall shape and presentation (note - I do not think she looks like a child; I see her at most as a girl in her very late teens). However, the hip joints stop me in my tracks every time I am about to purchase her. I do not like way the hip joints are designed - every time I look at the nude body, my eye is drawn to the joints and it stops me from hitting that "buy" button. I hope that either Leeke, or another company who takes on the pear shape, will present a body that has jointing that is more to my liking.

I like body sculpt diversity and I hope that more companies take on the challenge to present us with designs that are different from the very established hourglass and androgynous looks (which, by the way, I do love - just look at my collection :)). Doll Chateau is very interesting and intriguing, though not to my taste so far. But, I am watching them closely and I'm sure eventually, they'll release something that I'd want to add to my crew. The new Dollzone Anson (girl) body is gorgeous and I'm going to get one as soon as I find a head that I want to go with it.

9. she still has a child face IMO. I am pretty darn baby faced but never as much as her! her face looks like a 5 year old!
      a lot of companies make MSD dolls to be child... so myeah...

10. I can sum it all up with 5 words: Different strokes for different folks :lol:

11. I absolutely love the pear shape in life, so I don't think it would be right not to love it on a doll. I love the whole look, but I prefer a more natural pear shape, or an only slightly exaggerated one, rather than the whole Leeke Mikhaila crazy hips, haha.

12. "Pear-shaped" implies all the weight's concentrated in the hips & ass, not the limbs, with the torso narrowing sharply as you go up. Like, if she's sitting down and you give her a shove, she'd tip right back up again like a Weeble.

Ms. Aoi Tuki looks the most like a real-life-pear-woman to me. The far-out hipjobs like Notdoll Venus, or the Dust of Leeke Whatevers, are severely stylized pears. Ms. Unoss has comparatively beefy shoulders + a longer torso + big legs that keep her from peardom; her shape has more emphasis on limbs. I almost consider Unoss a class by herself; leastways I can't think of any other dollmaker who's taken that strapping big-leg-girl silhouette & run with it.

(I've secretly always wanted to have an Unoss & dress her in a pink sequin luchadora costume. She looks like a such a bruiser-in-mascara. ^^)

13. I'm not exactly sure how I'm being rude. I said I don't mind pear-shaped bodies in general. I agree with sahoma. Pear-shaped bodies with YoSD/childlike heads give me a serious case of the willies. I'm sure you have your own likes/dislikes when it comes to dolls.

14. The first one I ever saw was Leekeworld's Mikhaila, and I thought it was interesting, but not for me. Then they realized the Fly Mikhaila, and I adored that doll instantly. I think her appeal to me was based more on her face (with the Fly face-up) than the actual body. Since I bought her, I've considered replacing her body with a normal one so she could have more clothing options, but her pear shape has grown on me.

I like the Doll Chateau bodies a bit more than Mikhaila's, but I'm wary of buying more dolls which are hard to dress.

15. I dig it.

I'm not big on any that have been made thus far as MSD isn't my preferred size and I'm not so fond of the highly exaggerated/stylized pear, but if someone makes a mature SD size natural pear girl with small round breasts I'll be all over it!

honestly that's kinda the shape I am so maybe I'm biased (but my large butt means I get hit on a lot at clubs XD).

16. Ehhhh to me tentatively (via the threads I consulted before making this), I see some people who call it pear shaped and others who don't so it's a "sort of" she surely has a very thick lower body regardless...I don't know if I'd put her as an exaggerated pear though...but still pear enough to be pear-ish.....

As for the measurements, her hips greatly exceed her bust and waist and again her whole lower body is "thicker" looking so again...tentative pear....

17. to those who are saying that little girls dont have pear shaped bodies...

I am in an extreme disagreement. I saw my friends baby pictures and she's had wide hips since she was 5. It's her bone structure =\ She told me it was really hard finding clothing growing up because of it XD

Edit: I do realize this is not a "normal" case. I just wanted to bring it to peoples attention that it does exist. ^^;

18. While I prefer willowy, slender dolls (never having been slender nor willowy myself), I applaud the exploration of different body types in BJDs. We're not all the same size or shape in real life, so why should dolls be cookie-cutter copies of each other? Bring on the fat-bottomed girls!

19. I love the pear shaped trend. :D The stick-thin, willowy bodies have been around for a while, the extremely busty bodies have been around for a while, and the balanced but curvy bodies have been around for a while, it's kind of the natural order that something pear shaped would come next. Admittedly some of the dolls have set off the creepy alarm to me, like some Leeke Mikhalias that are dressed in like, bondage and still have their sweet, Lolita faces on. The Art Body from Leeke itself doesn't bother me at all, it's just how it's used sometimes that kind of squicks me out.

It's just another trend in aesthetics that will probably get big for a while then pass. I would love to own a Doll Chateau body or a Cerisedoll body, or even a Leeke Art body with a different head. It really just comes down to peoples' preferences and like most fads, it's likely to pass soon enough to bring in the next big thing. I'm far more irritated by the overabundance of Alice In Wonderland than I could ever be by a pear shaped body. xD

20. It's interesting how people's preferences vary so much on this topic!

I love pear-shaped bodies. I have a small rib cage myself, so if my breasts were smaller, I'd be pear-shaped. I find the shape interesting and aesthetically pleasing, and it combines my love of wide hips and small bust. I like pear-shaped boys too :) DC, Mikaila/Puns, Aoi Tuki, Enaibi's dolls, Cerisedolls... I love them all (though Cerisedolls Manon is too much for me).

Actually, I find CP Delf and Minifee girls to be slightly pear-shaped, at least the smaller busted ones.

A couple people have mentioned that there are only MSD sized pear-shaped bodies?? What about DC's 65cm girl?