1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and BJDs - Positive and Negative Encounters

Dec 18, 2012

1. I got a new puppy late last year, and unlike my other dog, she is quite interested in my dolls. She likes to sniff them, nudge them. Once while taking photos she tried linking my Miss Kitty's ear, and then recently, when I had my Husky and Bermann on the bed for comparison pics, she tried playing with my Husky's wig XD

2. My cat loves one of my SD boys deeply.
      He want to cuddles with him and is always behind me when I open the vitrine.

But just with this doll.
      With the others it is more that they are really interessting, and when he is getting bored he want to kick them of the table... it is kind of facinating.

3. My new cats are frisky boys ha. They always want to see what's going on when I'm taking photos or crafting something, and every now and then they'll hook a wig or some fabric on a claw and run off with it and I have to chase em down. But they're strangely gentle and reverent around the actual dolls. It's like they're not sure what to do with the chunky resin thing haha

4. My dog generally stays away when I'm doing photoshoots, though she does have an uncanny ability to show up in the background of pictures even when I thought she was on the other side of the house. :lol: I don't usually have my dolls anywhere she can reach, though she was a little curious when I had Aelic on the floor (on carpet and a towel, of course) for cleaning and restringing. She sat right next to me almost the whole time like, "What the heck are you doing...?" It was cute. :XD:

5. I kept them away from my ferrets due to fear of wig/shoe theft, but we have a cat now and he doesn't seem to care either way. Though he got kind of uppity yesterday because his food bowl was empty and he apparently decided to act out but trying to take a bite out of Aya's hoof...

6. My cat has a thing for doll wigs but thankfully I got to the wig before she chewed it completely :/

7. My bunny was quite curious about Emilio, had a good look and sniff at him then went to chew on his hand, at which point he was swiftly removed!i don't think bunny teeth are good for dolls and I don't think resin is good for bunnies!

8. My dog is indifferent to them. However, once I watched my sister's cats for her, so I was unused to animals being able to jump on furniture; one day I came back from classes and one of my dolls had a couple punctures on his torso...

9. When I lived with my mom, her wirehair pointing griffon happened to meander by my room while I was working on my dolls and I tried to show one of them to her but she got a little scared :sweat I've had her pups interested in the fur wigs when there wasn't a large SD around, but nothing crazy. I've lived on my own for about 5 years now and I just have two leopard geckos who probably would be very disinterested lol.

10. If you have a pet, what do they seem to think of your doll? And have they tried to do any weird things to it?

11. One of my cats chomped my first doll's foot ages ago. Left two little dents that I find endearing so I'm never gonna bother to boil them out. Another of my cats chewed on the rubber of a doll boot at some point. Other than that, nothing has ever happened with my cats and my dolls. I used to keep all my dolls on my bed when I lived at my parents' house, and the cats would snuggle up and sleep with/on them at various times. XD

12. I do try it keep my doll room and dog separate because resin can be poison to animals. He has seen me carry them though and hasn't bitten into one. :)

13. I do keep my dolls in my work room and the cats are not allowed in unless supervised. The idiots like to eat sewing thread and elastic which is very dangerous. The dolls ended up in their because it's where I had space, but I do like having them tucked away where I know they're safe from curious nibbles.

Surprisingly when they are out for pictures or whatever, the cats usually ignore them. They've sniffed curiously and I'm pretty sure considered running off with a wig or two, but mostly they aren't interested. I was surprised by that, because normally Nuisance hones in on elastic, but maybe the scent is muddled by resin? (I can't even leave hair ties out or he will try to eat them, truly he is an aptly named cat.)

I have learned that I'm not allowed to watch TV with a doll on my lap though, because the cats get DEEPLY offended that precious lap real estate is being taken up by somebody who isn't them.

14. That sounds like such a cat thing to do, I’m actually worried that my cat is going to chomp my first doll when she arrives.

Again, that does sound very cat-like. And your cats sound like a lot of fun to be around!

#94 Hyp3rbole, May 29, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
    15. My dog has never bothered my dolls, but I was very careful about introducing her to them, just in case. She's been so gentle with them, I don't really worry at all anymore. I wouldn't leave them in her space unattended or anything, but I can leave them on the couch or coffee table, and she mostly ignores them. The cutest thing though was when she tried to cover one of my boys with a blanket. So weird, yet so adorable.

16. My dog is actually quite terrified of my dolls! :XD: I don't keep my dolls where my animals can access them, but one time I was taking pictures of my doll on the bed and my dog jumped up and sniffed her. When I moved my doll closer my dog was pretty scared, her eyes bugged out, and she ran away. It was quite funny!

17. When we had two cats, boy kitty would knock wigs off of dolls, and then girl kitty would take them under the bed and bathe them like kittens. She was just tryin to be a good mama but when you'd find them afterwards it was pretty gross. Like an enormous hairball. :barf

Boy kitty chomped some toes a long time ago but he's an old man now, so he misbehaves less. There are a few specific dolls he seems to gravitate towards. If I bring my Mecha Angel Corvi, Volks Williams or Custom House Chowon down to change their clothing, he quickly tries to curl up on them. He also waits near outstretched doll hands like they might decide to pet him.

18. My cat likes to sleep close to them when I plop them down on the bed or couch xD but otherwise they're not too interested in them.

19. I have five cats. They pay zero attention to my dolls.

20. My guinea pigs and tarantulas have met with and posed on my dolls (poor JoJo). However, they have tiny pea brains and don't care much about inanimate objects that aren't a) food or b) toys.