1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and BJDs - Positive and Negative Encounters

Dec 18, 2012

1. My Corgi has sniffed them, but hasn't really taken any interest. She would probably chew them up if I left them within her reach though, lol (she likes chewing toys that my daughter leaves around...)

2. Funny, I JUST caught my cat trying to chew on one of my doll's hands! She's really mischievous, so I've gotta watch her at all times around my dolls... One time I left her unattended in my room, and the next thing I know, she's running around with a doll's wig in her mouth that she snatched right off one of their heads!!

3. My cat could not care less!

4. My animals don't touch my BJD's my cat will occasionally walk behind them to get to the other side of my art desk but aside from that they don't do that "thug life" cat thing where they just knock anything over in their path.

5. My cats are really nice and kind to my dolls. I think they are more the bodyguards of them than anything else XD
      Yuh is always checking if I am good at building the next room for my dolls.
      [​IMG]20180218_094548-600x800 by Nicole Richter, auf Flickr

He is doing this everytime I am ready with the next step.
      They never did anything demaging my dolls or so. Yuh and Umi are more chilling next to them.

6. My cat never cared, and my dog is super sweet! She's a golden retriever and I've never had any problems with her. That being said, she will take my action figures, but very gently into her mouth. I think she's trying to protect them. For some reason I think the dolls are too big for her to care! I wouldn't worry about your cat chomping on them, I think most animals are pretty chill around dolls. I think the biggest threat is what Angels Rays mentioned -- cats love knocking stuff over!

7. This is what my cat was up to this morning. She doesn't attack my dolls, but she is really jonesing for their sofa lately.

[​IMG]Cat and Dolls by Kaxen6, on Flickr

My dog doesn't like my dolls. He thinks they are children and he doesn't like kids because they don't know how to handle him properly.

@Nici-chan83 omg your doll building is amazing. Wish I had the room/skills to do that.

8. My cat used to sleep on my chest all the time, but if I put my doll on the best next to me, I was replaced. She was a very gentle and clean cat so I never worried about him getting stained or scratched. Haven't had the chance to see how the two new kitties react to dolls yet!

9. One of my first worries about getting my first resin (and before that, my already massive vinyl collection) is my dog LOL. She's white, so her hair is pretty much everywhere at all times. She doesn't mess with my dolls but that probably has to do with the fact that they're stored in wall-to-wall plastic drawers. But I do have to dust the top pretty often and rotate my displays to prevent hair from getting on them. I'm a clean freak about dolls (wash hands before touching them, don't touch their faces even if my hands are washed, etc etc) so having a dog is a little bit of a hassle but she's my #1 so I deal with it.

10. My cat is so strange with my dolls. There's one doll specifically that I can never tell if she loves him or is waiting to destroy him. When I first got him she would try to bite his hands and push him over, but now she seems to rub all over him and sleep on him. It's really cute.
      [​IMG]

11. My cats will sniff the dolls and the things I lay out for photo shoots, and will photobomb when I take pictures. Otherwise, the biggest hazard is when I'm sewing and they want to sit on the cloth I lay out.

12. The first time I introduced one to her, she sniffed him a bit before snatching off his cheap fur wig and taking off with it. She also has a thing for chewing on any plastics and and sheds like crazy! In the interest of not chasing down wigs and having chewed up doll fingers, I don't really let her near any of them.

13. My kitty is really well behaved. Never, ever ever goes near my dolls that are on my dresser or desk. She would much rather try to investigate my yarn stash, haha. In which I have to keep put away from her.

14. My doggo was first scared of my doll! Of course I was heartbroken. But then she somewhat upgraded from being scared to being indifferent. So uh.. yep. Not an entirely positive nor negative thing!

15. just wondered how your pets react around your dolls. I have 2 cats, one is totally disinterested but the other seems to be fascinated by them. Not that I will let him get his claws on them lol!
      I would love to see pictures. I have a photo of one of my cats with my doll when I was trying to photograph her, not quite sure how to post it ( might need to wait till my daughter comes lol!)
      Would love to hear how your animals respond.

16. This is such an interesting thread. Haha my dog (chihuahua) thinks that my dolls are merely her backdrop or accessories as she usually takes center stage for each photoshoot.Additionally, she’s a little vain pot who loves to dress up :XD:

17. I love that! Angelia 135, I had a little dog, who sadly died before my dolls were on the scene. She was a chihuahua cross and I could so see her doing exactly the same.

18. My cats are pretty much uninterested, they will smell a new one out of curiosity. But what they do love are the sheepskin wigs those are endangered species at my house, my cats will try to steal them. However I don't let my cats in the doll room because they might knock one over unintentionally. They will also try to photo bomb whenever I try to photograph my dolls.

19. I received my first doll and my kitten at around the same time, so initially he was very interested in anything I was doing and I was very paranoid he'd damage them. He's calmed down now and mostly ignores them, although he still enjoys removing wigs if he's in a playful mood. He loves when I'm taking photos in the garden though, and will try to get involved >< It would be cute if he wasn't such an enormous cat! It's difficult to try to avoid him in a shot :sweat
      At least when he's sleepy and I can get my own back and make use of him as a prop :kitty2
      [​IMG]