1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and BJDs - Positive and Negative Encounters

Dec 18, 2012

1. I keep my dolls far away from most of my pets. My rough collie likes to get his (long) nose into everything and if he saw me with my dolls he’d be in the middle of it in a heartbeat so he’s never seen them. My hamster, lizard, and fish are obviously a nonissue since they can’t come close to my dolls nor do I have a reason to bring my dolls near them.

My sugar gliders and cats on the other hand would both be disastrous for my dolls lol. Gliders get into everything and tend to urinate frequently especially on things they like. My cats range from nosy to destructive. I try to keep my dolls out of reach so no cat can accidentally knock them over.

Basically pets and dolls don’t mix in my house!!

2. Our cat is very chill around my dolls and knows not to bother them. On the other hand, shoes and accessories shouldn't be left lying around because sooner or later, they'll be in the kitty hoard under the bed.

[​IMG]
      Bonus - Cat Photobomb
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

3. My cats are chill around the dolls - I get anxious, though, for scratch marks due to their using the dolls as speed-bumps.

Wigs, OTOH - The cats are convinced that's the closest they'll ever get to prey, so the wig hoard collection tote-bins are under constant surveillance by whichever cat appears to be "on duty". They don't chew them or destroy them, but whoever scores (and pals) runs around with wig-in-mouth for hours. In the beginning (all my cats are from a single litter adopted last fall) I forgot to put a lid on one of the totes and came home from work to find this TRAIL of wigs that extended over 3 rooms--

4. I really like this thread! :XD: My cat has never seen such a short person before so she seemed a bit shocked and confused at first. If she is awake, she will inspect them and occasionally try to grab their hair. I would definitely like to take more pictures of her with my dolls, but she is usually asleep whenever I pull out the camera. :sweat When she is asleep, she doesn't care too much about her surroundings unless you are bugging her and not letting her rest.
      I would never leave my dolls alone with her unsupervised since she is extremely energetic and also has a tendency to bite. She has never destroyed anything and is well-behaved for the most part, but I would prefer to avoid the possibility of something bad happening. :abambi:

[​IMG]
      Sadly, she was sleeping... *_*

5. She doesn't like the competition.
      [​IMG]

6. So I have three cats, two of them don’t really care but the other one wants to destroy everything he sees >< I try to keep them out of the room where I keep my dolls to avoid any animal-related damage

7. My little dog Timber is terrified of my SD, the other sizes he could care less. He runs and barks if I'm moving or carrying the doll. I feel bad for laughing, because I know he's scared, but it's just so cute!

8. This made me laugh so hard! Thank you!

Ah, that’s probably what fascinates him, mostly they wear goats hair wigs!

I love all your answers and especially the great photos, brilliant!
      Thank you

#128 NanouDinosaur, Nov 2, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
    9. My late guinea pig Buster would always get curious/ if I was doing something on the living room floor and not paying attention to him. He liked to come and have a look, then when he realized the thing wasn't food, demand he be the centre of attention. He wasn't allowed to actually interact with the dolls as he was likely to try biting/chewing them and I didn't want hair and dander to get on them.
      [​IMG]

The time I had one of my big dolls out the same time as my corn snake, he instantly zipped across the room to investigate and climb on it. He's such a curious snek, and i'm sure he genuinely thought that it was a new thing I got for him to climb on-
      [​IMG]

My Hognose snake hasn't interacted with any of my dolls. I generally prevent the sneks from getting up with my dolls as they are likely to knock the doll over and if it fell on them, it could do a serious injury (and damage the doll if they pushed it off the shelf) :sweat

#129 Epicari, Nov 2, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    10. Our cat is a terror around the house, but completely ignores my dolls. I have my favorite small ones on the table beside my chair in the living room and they are totally safe. My dwarf hamster getting to my dolls would be a disaster as he chews on anything, including me.

11. My cats sniff them and want to play with their clothes or ignore them.

12. Most of my dogs just keep bumping my arms in a “pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeee!” kind of way, though occasionally one will try to “sniff” (i.e. rub their damp nose all over it) and I have to block them.

13. My dog, Mochi, is very interested in whatever I'm doing. If he deems my activities as less important than paying attention to him, he's pawing at me, nudging my arms or flat out bringing over a toy and plopping it right down on my work surface.

14. *LOL* Ahh the joy of trying to photograph corn snakes! 50 blurred shots and the one when they stopped moving for a second is out of focus :XD:

15. This photo was just taken today. Not really hi-res and such because you can't really tell a cat to sit still and wait. :XD: It's a good thing she decided to go watch a flock of pigeons flying outside just as my male doll was off posing nearby.

[​IMG]
      Lily and Guoren
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

16. My cats are really good about my dolls. My household has 3, and only one of them ever comes in my room. She's a small short-legged cat who is a little overweight, so she never tries to jump up on shelves or anything. The worst thing she does is that classic cat tradition of forcing herself between my line of sight and the faceup I'm working on at any cost.

17. Popping by with a picture of my pup and a doll. Looking like besties :) Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

[​IMG]Smile :) by Angelia Wong, on Flickr

18. My pups have only ever been politely curious about my dolls. They'd give my dolls a couple sniffs if I'm playing with them, and then go about their business. I just make sure not to leave them where they'll be sat on or knocked around.

19. my (15) cats don't really care all that much for my dolls... however, they absolutely love the boxes. i keep my dolls in their boxes, so whenever i take them out, if i leave the boxes lying about, i'd always find a cat (or two) snuggling inside.