1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and BJDs - Positive and Negative Encounters

Dec 18, 2012

1. My cats are normally pretty indifferent to my dolls (loose clothes, wigs, and accessories are tempting playthings, though), but this happened while I was eating breakfast today.

[​IMG]

She knows she's not allowed on the table, but she also knows that I can't resist a cute photo opportunity. Clever girl.

2. She's so pretty. Both doll and cat exudes regality :love

3. I have to keep the wigs out of the dogs’ reach. I’ve had them lunge for the wigs and feathers and fur bits and even tore half the hair from a mohair wig once (immediately after getting it)

4. dear god it's a shit show, i have 4 cats,1 big dog, 1 snake,3 gekos,4 rats and a sister, all my animals wanna mess with them,climbs them,scratch them, i have to leave my room closed 24/7. i can sometimes get away with my 2 older cats when theyre just laying around my dolls dont bother themm and i can get away with pics but the kittens and dogs will play with them, the snake is pretty on with them my gekos with scratch them up and my rats want to always take off the wigs and anything soft from their bodies. and my sister just touches everything, its a zoo in here and it gives me a headache trying to keep 11 limited dolls safe from damage and excessive fur , ive gone through so much lint rollers keeping limited doll clothes clean and safe :sigh

5. My cats are slightly obsessed with my bjd for some reason... their attraction has died down but for a while Erlich was a 'cat tamer'.

6. My cat only likes my dolls for their hair and the boxes they came in.

If I were them, I might be a little bit offended.

7. Our two cats are shocked, when they saw a bjd. They never come close so not a chance for a photo. But it's a good thing too, they don't want to destroy my boy. (The older one, a siamese broke my Alien figure when he was a kitten.) I am ok with their opinion on my doll. I like to see them as far from him as possible.

8. My cat is not the "hug type" ... But she is always near when I tried to take photo of my dolls ! She is even TOO CLOSE, as I broke one finger last time, thank you very much little demon.

[​IMG][/u

9. My cat is slightly disturbed by and jealous of them. She tries to swat at them and knock them down if she thinks I'm not looking. >_<"

10. She loves to try and rub against them and sit next to them :XD:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. My cats like to sniff my dolls when they follow me into the doll room, but I haven't really had too much issue with them. Except one time, my perfect wonderful boy decided that he liked one of their wigs (it was on the table while I was dressing the doll), and he ran off with it. Luckily it was just a cheap synthetic fiber, otherwise I might have been upset. Instead, I just thought it was funny. That said, I try to keep the cats and the dolls separate. ^^

12. My family just got a new puppy. You better believe I'm keeping all things doll related and all things puppy related firmly separated.

Especially since he's 10 weeks old, aka the "everything goes in my mouth" age.

13. Surprisingly I had a lovely encounter with my doll and dog the other day. My doll came over as I was unboxing my doll and seemed interested. I put my doll on a table while I went to go get something from my closet and my dog was ever so gently sniffing my doll. It’s like he knew he should be careful.

14. My dog is a constant danger of knocking them over. She doesn't even see/pay attention to her surroundings at all. She's such a little brat, haha.

15. I've been too scared to leave my dolls unattended ever since a friend of mine's dog chewed up her floating head and I think the dog also got a hold of some hands :shudder:eek:

16. [​IMG]
      I introduced my new doll to my cat. It went well at first. They had a staring contest, and then she rubbed her check against the doll's hand, and then chomp! She bit her hand. Even after I moved the doll away, my cat was still trying to get at her hands. Fortunately my cat doesn't like jumping on top of cabinets or the like so they should be safe in their display.

17. My eldest dog is completely indifferent to my dolls, and will just sit and let me pose my dolls with him. My younger dog is somewhat curious and will sniff them, but she's too high energy for me to pose my dolls with her since she refuses to sit still long enough.

My birds(I have chickens, doves and pigeons) are a mixed bunch. Some shy away from the dolls, others are curious(usually this means they want to peck them, which is why I keep a close eye on them when I introduce them so they don't do any damage), and others are indifferent.

I had a rooster who was so exceptional with my dolls, but he passed away in January. I loved taking photos of him with my dolls. He would look at them with such interest, but never pecked them. And he would sit still for however long was necessary while I posed the dolls with him. Sometimes he would even fall asleep with a doll sitting beside him, it was adorable.

18. Omg your rooster sounded so cute! I'd love to see a picture!!