1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and BJDs - Positive and Negative Encounters

Dec 18, 2012

1. [​IMG]
      A picture of Elaina with my rooster, Snoop Dogg, may he rest in peace

2. Omg so cuuute!!!

3. I second wanting to see rooster x doll photos!
      Edit: You already did. My phone derped I guess. They're really cute together. Your rooster must have enjoyed being in the spotlight.

4. My cats are pretty indifferent to my dolls, though if I try to get a doll too close to them they will definitely smack it cause it's invading their space. I tried to get a cute petting photo with my minifee and my tuxedo cat and after awhile he got really annoyed and lightly bit my doll's hand :mwahaha there go my dreams of photos of dolls riding my cats like steeds!

5. My cats always are around when I'm talking photos. And of course the first thing I see in photos when I look the result is the fur. A lot of fur. No matter how hard I clean doll clothes before photoshoot.

6. My cat really wants my dolls’ hands. He’s obsessed. If I turn my back for even a moment he tries to bite them. I don’t know what to do with him. lol.

7. The dolls and pets in this thread are adorable! I do not own any pet. I wanted to do so when I was small, but when I grew up I just realised that there is so much commitment involved in keeping a pet. I feel that I am not ready to be responsible for another alive creature. That is also probably one of the reasons why I decided to keep BJDs instead.

8. I keep my dolls away from my pets due to fear haha. But sometimes my chihuahua jumps on my bed and sniffs and licks at them while I'm posing them... don't lick those, little dude, we don't need you to get a taste of resin!

9. I've had numerous cats and two dogs near my dolls, and none of them have been interested in them more than in any ordinary household items. They would of course come and sniff thew box thoroughly if I get something new, but they lose interest soon after. The only thing I had to be careful about with cats was them knocking over a standing doll if they rubbed their cheek against it. One of my cat rubs his face and side strongly at everything he walks past when he is happy, and he has knocked over numerous flower vases and water glasses this way when he makes his way across the (forbidden area) dining room table - thankfully no dolls as I have been careful. I don't have cats anymore as my man has an allergy, but the hair used to be the biggest of my concerns.

The dogs never walk too close to knock a standing doll over, but we sometimes take care of a kelpie mix that has a way of jumping upwards and poking everyone with her nose when she greets (every time she comes over she just goes around the house and knocks everyone in the chin before coming back for taking off the leash). One of my dolls almost got its part once when I was holding the doll as the dog came inside and ran to greet me. She's hurt her nose multiple times by jumping into a crouching persons teeth (if you don't dodge when she comes, she'll ram you) and yet she keeps on doing the jumping, silly dog.

10. My cat, Lando, who came to be mine through an interesting series of events, is pretty chill about them.

However he likes to rub his big cat face and gums all over things- any thing, and will lick almost anything at least once. So when I have my dolls out I have to be carrying them or put them out of casual cat-reach. So far no damage, but I have my concerns.

Truth be told, my boyfriend and I are the only ones to knock my dolls over so far, though!

11. One of my cats is just really lovey with them. She likes to sniff and rub her cheek against them whenever I have them down. She hasn't shown any interest in their wigs or anything like that though. The other one pretty much ignores them with one exception. Whenever I am restringing a doll she makes it her lives duty to steal either the elastic or the ribbon that I use for stringing and run away with it.

12. My cat actually doesn't like to climb so I can just leave my dolls up high and they'll be fine!

13. I live with rats, and they show more interest in wax candles in the roombox than in my doll herself. But one of my rats used to munch on the goat fur wig. I try not to let my rats interact with my doll unwatched cause they have really strong teeth and I don't want to risk.
      And here you can see my sadly deceased ratty, the great wig muncher Darkie.
      [​IMG]

14. I fortunately haven't had any negative encounters between my pets and BJD, but I'm always very watchful when they are in the same room. My cats are like little devils! One licks things constantly, with his favorite things to lick having textures like feathers or hair, so I'm terrified he'll try to lick or even eat my dolls' wigs. Then my other cat has pica and will chew on (and potentially ingest) any plastic he can get his paws on! I've had him chew up multiple dolls from my Monster High and Ever After High collections, and I've even found some unfortunate dolls missing fingers! Now I never leave them in the room with my dolls alone, especially since my BJD are about 100 times more expensive than the other dolls I collect.

Now my bird I'm not worried so much about lol She's never out when I have my dolls out, and they're usually kept in separate rooms anyway. Though it's extremely unlikely, I'm still terrified that one day she'll somehow poop on one of my dolls :shudder

15. My cat really liked to suck on wigs for some reason. It was really weird but also super funny. :lol: He also pulled my Realfee off the counter one time and chipped the paint on her ear so that was upsetting. :sigh

16. I have dogs, but they don't get to enter my house, so there s no problem.

17. Any doll who had a short hair wig is suddenly bald. Idk where my cats took them...

18. Well now you get to go on a scavenger hunt. Your cats are trying to help you be less bored during the lock down. Or you were paying too much attention to the dolls, and this is your cats' revenge.

19. I haven't ordered my doll yet, but I have a feeling my dog is going to lick them. She licks babies and anything that remotely looks like a child so I guess we'll see!

20. My cat ate my angora wig. :evil: When I freed it from his gaping maw it wasn’t salvageable, after that he was banned from touching the dolls! I used to let him sniff, this was a mistake.