1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets for your BJDs / finding or making one

Jan 16, 2005

1. I don't have any yet, but I'm going to be getting a kitten for Ish. I found some that are just the right size at our craft store. I just need to choose a breed that fits Ish's personality. ^_^

2. Lue has a small fire lizard sized pet dragon named Prin.
      He also just got a Cairn terrier, whom he has named Rufus.

Plus he has a fish in a small boat shaped fish bowl.
      It was one of those water filled keychains, I found it at the grocery store.

Freyr had a large wolf named Fenris, but he's been banished upstairs where it is drier.
      See, he's one of those animals made with real fur, and I just had a rather weird and unpleasant experience with a rabbit fur that was on the end of my bed. 0_0

Apparently there's a chemical that is used in the processing of some hides and skins that causes them to attract moisture, just like those silica packs they put in stuff.
      When I went to move the rabbit skin the hairless side felt all kind of strange and slimy, and the bedding underneath it was wet and kind of slimy too! 0_0

Now I'm even kind of leery about leaving those real fur wigs on my guys.
      At least until I get this humidity\dampness problem solved.

Anyway, to make up for the temporary, I hope, loss of Fenris, I gave Freyr my small Steif wolf.
      So now he owns Grizzy, she's still young though, only about half grown. :)
      Freyr also has a white ferret named Snowbelle.

Wraith owns several bugs, not real ones now thankfully!
      Funny thing was, I suddenly kept finding all these real bugs in the house, shortly after learning about his love of bugs. 0_o

The last straw was the little spider he put in Lue's suitcase.
      Lol, Lue didn't appreciate that either. =D

So as soon as the Halloween stuff appeared in the stores I went and bought him two big bags of those party favors with the plastic spiders, assorted creepy crawlies, and various insects on rings.

Wraith loves all his little pets, and now no more real ones in the house...or in his brother's suitcase. ;D

As long as I periodically buy him things like his two little bug plushies, clothes and stuff with bugs, and occasionally some new insects to add to his pets, he's happy. :)

(I just bought him a bag of the prettiest little plastic butterflies, I really should take some photos.)

Mind you, I don't have a clue what he has named all his little six and eight legged friends, and no desire to know either. Lol!

3. Goblin, my boyfriend's doll, has a Kirara from Inu Yasha, and a small Cthluhu (which is to scare Tristan). If CP ever comes out with 1/6 delfs I want a 1/6 El to be Mordecai's pet homonclus.

4. I would like an owl for my girl,and then about 5 cm long. (Mission inpossible..)

5. :) My Ryung has a fat cat named Mischa (that I got from, well, eBay) which my K's character is very allergic to. We'll see how that works out.

6. Viveka has a Sheep~ =D

7. Remy has a small beany puppy called Puddles I found in the local thrift store. and I have a rather large dragon waiting for my incoming girl. Plus there is rather a lot of bats (I collect them) in my bedroom that I keep finding sleeping with my boy:o
      I blame my hubby:roll:

8. Seath has a little black and white cat i got for £1 in ASDA ages ago.

9. One of my girls has a cream white chow.

10. well she doesn't have one yet but Sadie REALLY wants a horse.. unfortunately all the ones we've found have been smaller than her.. this really does not work well

11. My BJD have as pets, one Yorkshire Terrier, was a keyring, a fish tank, found at K-Mart for $6. as well as two of those little rubber like animals you find at some toy shops higher end. a Parakeet and a guinea pig. I have hopes to add another better looking dog,LOL as well as a horse.

12. My doll has a furry dog figurine of a boxer for a pet. His name is Beau ^^ The taxedermy replications look great if you can get them in the right scale!

13. My boy has a fish tank. It's called "tiny tanks", and I got it at WalMart... it actually has a battery in it, so the little tropical fish in it move when the air filter stirs up the water. It's adorable.

And he has plushies... but his cow isn't properly proportioned to be a pet.

14. kitties and bunnies, army of bunnies XD

15. Ophilea has a stuffed cat that she sleeps with that is named after her twin brother. Lucian doesn't seem to like that but... Otherwise all my boys don't sleep with animals. ;)

16. My littlest one, Akiko-chan, has two turtles x'3~~ Jullie hates 'em haha

17. Right now our boys have two cats (Horatio and Mac), a tank with fish, and a couple of puppies Wintercat gave us that we still need to name. And technically they have our actual cats seeing as our Ragdoll Sasha has claimed them both.:D

18. Those rabbit fur animals work well, as do petdolls, stuffies and littlest petshop.

19. X3 I just recently got a squishy stretchy lizard for Larue...X3 he's lovin' it (Larue's a fire lizard, so yeah...X3)

20. Eira has a tiny elephant; his name is, of course, Babar. Eleret has several spiders. Only one of them has name though, he is George.