1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix Doll

Oct 12, 2017

1. Hi all, I have a beautiful Phoenix Doll Orla head, with a wonderful face up by Hazel (emperorofbread on instagram). She's so gorgeous just even as a head on a bust, I'm looking for bodies to hybrid with her.

[​IMG]IMG_1648 by Ella Tron, on Flickr

I've hear Dollstown and Supiadoll bodies reccommended a lot, but are there any other others that people know work well?

2. @ella_tron

I have mine (Liu) on a NobilityDoll Female Muscle body.

If you want to see a body that I own with the head on it, I can show you. My account info here isn’t up to date, but I can show you any body I own, many of which you can find here (around 2:10) and here.

3. @americanseamstress Wow, amazing amount of bodies! Thank you for sharing them in the video, I will give it a watch and maybe PM you. It doesn't look like Nobilitydoll sell that body right now, so I will have a look at the video to see that body too :)

4. @ella_tron

I think they sell in ordering periods. They remade the moulds when I ordered mine, so it should be just a matter of when they schedule the new order period.

However, that body does have its idiosyncrasies, so you may prefer another. If so, I’d be happy to film or take photos of the head on this body or any other.

5. I love seeing these girls here - they are such amazing sculpts!

This is my Liu:

[​IMG]Xue 2 by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

6. So nice to see more photos! @Ashemanu , her pale and grey faceup with the bright red hair is an amazing effect! Wow!

@ella_tron I love the skin texturing on her face, she looks so "real"! (of course she's real, but you know what I mean ;) ) and the deep set eyes are nicely enhanced!

7. Yes, that was my thoughts too. However, she has been hired to do some other painting jobs so I did the face-up myself. This is my first every face-up. I am pretty pleased with the outcome, except for the lower lashes. I redid them three times and then had to just go with it because the humidity was rising ahead of rain for our area. I wanted to get the head sealed so I can start enjoying her. Sometime I will try again, but for now, enjoying her. Need to order her a wig, just waiting on deciding about a wig and eyes until I got a feel for her look.

[​IMG]Liu (first ever face-up) by Laurie W, on Flickr

She is so gorgeous!!:love
      On the Phoenix Dolls website they have the Dollshe as an option too.

She looks fantastic, love the gray tones with the pop of the red wig!:love

#27 LaurieESW, Jun 15, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    8. Love her, @LaurieESW! Super job for first time faceup! Hard to believe!

9. Thank You. It gives me hope that I can improve with practice. It is fun but an exercise in patience!
      Here she is in a wig. I have ordered her a Monique wig without bangs. I think she looks better without bangs.

[​IMG]Liu (Phoenix Dolls) by Laurie W, on Flickr

10. @LaurieESW Very good for the first try! I think she looks lovely!

11. I know this thread is older, but I just purchased the Liu head! So excited! Phoenix Doll has amazing sculpts!!

12. No photos yet - but my recently arrived Neave head fits and poses perfectly on a Dollstown 17 Girl body. Scale looks good too!

13. Post pix when you can! (I just found this thread) :o

14. @fishcake - As soon as her eyes arrive, I'll take pics and post here. : ) Just got her painted!

15. I know that a size 8 wig is recommended for Liu, but any advice on which way to go when having to choose between 7-8 inch and 8-9 inch?

16. I found that 7-8 seemed best, 8/9 ran big but was okay.

17. Thank you!!

18. Hi @Evey - I agree with LaurieESW - Definitely go with a 7/8 wig. I found that Monique Gold 7/8 fit my Neave perfectly. That said, I'm in the process of making a wig for her, and it's an interesting project.

19. Thank you! That really helps. I'm just about to start work on a Liu / Dollshe hybrid, and can't wait!

20. Does anyone have pictures or a description of the new “white rose” resin color? Thanks in advance for any info! I’m curious to see what it looks like and what Dollshe resin it’s closest to.