1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. PB says they will allow those of us with paid accounts to continue 3rd party hosting until Dec. 2018. I'll stop my payment after I'm done replacing photos (which might go up to the deadline). But will definitely stop my recurring payment the moment they stop my 3rd party hosting ability! I hate even paying them now, but I'm not ready to lose my photo links... :|

2. What were you paying? The cost has gone up.

3. @nancy_schroeder_ca --- Oh, good question! I'm terrible at checking these things, and I really should, because I don't trust photobucket AT ALL... Thanks for the reminder... I was on an old plan that they no longer offer... it shouldn't have gone up, but I haven't checked!

4. I was on the $10 a year ad-free plan and I remember I would have had to go up to the current lowest cost plan which was about $25 a year if I remember correctly. Sorry, but I don't even want to visit the site again!

I deleted all my photos and sent the email requesting to close the account.

5. I don't blame you for wanting to never visit PB again. I try not to go there at all, myself. I have just been downloading photos that are here and on some other forums/blogs, and then uploading to Flickr and replacing on the various sites. Going to PB is just an exercise in frustration.

6. #246 OnyeEno, Oct 2, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017
    7. I'm gonna slowly be replacing all my pics onto imgur and going through my threads.

8. I posted a tip for searching for your Photobucket posts earlier here: Photobucket ToS changes

It's good to also only look for posts by your member name.

You can't change the ones in replies. I went through and changed all I could and asked the moderators to fix a few in closed threads that I thought were worth keeping.

I hope the moderators will consider deleting the quote from a reply rather than deleting the whole reply, but I realize that may be difficult for them.

Photobucket really made a mess for everyone!.

9. Here we are in October and I STILL cannot download any of my albums. I've tried Chrome, I've tried Firefox, I've tried Internet Explorer. I just keep getting that "hmmm something didn't click. you can try again now." error message. I really don't want to have to manually download every darn picture.

10. There's a tutorial with broken pics that I wish I'd copied. I sent the author a PM but they haven't been active here in a while. Is there any other way to get in touch with the person or figure out where those pics might be? Even if it's a mod thing?

11. I'm having the same issue as jessholy... i can't get mine to download. This is such a pain!

12. I know that feeling! I actually downloaded an image scraper to batch-grab my pictures and it worked much better than photobucket's regular "options." (I emailed tech support about that broken album download option. They told me "yeah we know it's busted. get your pics manually." Argh!) The one I got was Bulk Image Downloader. I had best luck being logged into my Photobucket account, then opening the downloader. The free version can only grab 100 images at a time, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too difficult to work around.

Also, can I just marvel at the fact that I had to get a third-party downloader to retrieve MY OWN IMAGES off the hot mess of a website photobucket has become? Geez Louise! :nowords:

13. Oh, so they actually admit their download option is broken? And they still have it up there? --Sadly not surprised at needing the third-party downloader. I really think they want to get out of the hosting business, but can't do it because people still have paid accounts, so they are doing their best to drive everyone away... :|

Thanks for the downloading info @Tokoz.

14. @Tokoz you are a life saver! Is it only 100 images a day or in an hour? This is going to save me a bunch of time! Was this the best one you found? I didn't even think to look for a third party program!

15. It's 100 images per click of the "start download" button, lol! So, if you had a gallery that contained 60 pictures, you could grab it all in one go, but a gallery that had 120 images would have to be downloaded in two separate batches. And that was just the first program I downloaded. I didn't comparison shop; I was too angry at PB. "Your bulk downloader won't work, PB? Well! I'll just go get my own! hmph!" was basically all I was thinking at the time. There are a bunch of bulk downloaders out there.

16. Do you have to view all 100 images at once to download them?

17. I... don't think so? I'm not sure what you mean. What a program like this does is look through a folder or gallery and identify all the images. Then it lets you pick which ones you want to download. The program I got was a stand-alone program so it didn't really matter what I had open in a web browser. I made sure I was logged in to get my private galleries, but for public ones, I don't know that you'd even need that much.

18. Aaaaah ok! Well you explained how it worked perfectly! Thank you!

19. Is there a way to make sure our edits worked? I can still see my photobucket images when I look at threads I created so I chose to edit a thread with a smaller number of images. I hosted my photos on Flickr and used the tutorial in this thread to replace them. Now I just want to know if it worked or not...

20. It took me 7hrs just to upload all my photos from my computer to my Flickr account, some maybe double, but gee wiz that was a pain to do. At least I can upload from there to here, but there is no way on this planet I am going thru every single thread of my picture posts just to re-load them. I am too old and too crossed eyed right now, my pics on Flickr are made public so have at it looking at all my dolls past and present in my collection.