1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking Favorites

Sep 28, 2011

1. Oh man, I feel really bad for saying it but Amser is definitely my favourite. I carry him around whenever I'm at home. Maybe it's his weight, maybe it's the fact I did his faceup--I'm not sure, but Amser really is the favourite of the two. I never meant for that to happen... whoopsie :sweat

2. Quinn is by far my favorite. Not only is he one of my favorite sculpts ever but he's my favorite of all my original characters because he has really come to represent a part of me. I love my others but Quinn is the the one i would chose above all the rest.

3. I love mines and yours!! Think they so cute! But If I have to choose one in my doll family, I prefer Lishe. Not about She's the first one I got, It's just my owner's weakness, I can't explain It's watching at and falling in love with her all the time... I've been out of public hobby, but I'm still loving mines and yours, uh? XDD

4. I do have a fav. He has been with me almost 4 years a world record as anyone who knows me can tell you. He goes with me on any trip that DH & I take in a car and if we are going by plane and baggage is going to be checked then I will fit him into a bag as check on. He is my Dollstown Hue who is 65cm tall and my fav because he made me fall for these dolls extra hard and his face reminds me of a childhood love, Dondi. Both a comic strip and a was a movie. Yeah I am that old. :lol:

5. I totally have a favourite, much as I love all my dolls, I have a major soft spot for Cassidhe. He was my fourth doll but he was the first doll I truly obsessed over and when I got him at last it was amazing. He is also like, exactly what I've always wanted in a doll- he's really unique looking even for a bid, and I think he's just perfect! :D

I don't think I feel quite the same about any of the others...

6. yes, I play favorites. >.>

Amir and Loki were my first two dolls. Amir is and forever shall be by "baby", the one that started it all. and I got Loki for him, to keep him company, and they were supposed to be my only two...I've been through 30+ dolls since them and none have connected like them. Loki has since been upgraded, Amir is still in his original shell. I have no intentions of ever selling either and they get spoiled more than the rest of the crew. :)

After Amir and Loki, Hansel falls in line. After him, the rest just kind of cycle.

7. My top favorite is Ducky, my Hinata. Ducky is the favored one, no question. She is the one who goes places with me, and has the largest wardrobe. The other cycle as to who my second favorite is.

Why? I bought her during a bad spot in my life three years ago. I had to sell three dolls to buy her, and I have never regretted it. She makes me smile when I look at her. She always looks happy.

8. Oh yes. Quinn and Spencer are my babies, followed by Ginaphae. I love all of them, of course, but those three are just a little closer to me than the rest. Ginaphae is a character I've had for awhile, and the other two... Quinn was the second doll I got, and the first that really spoke to me. He's the one that will forever, no matter what, be with me. And Spencer, it's all the attitude. I can't help loving him.

9. It's difficult for me to pick favorites because all my dolls are different from each other and I love each one for their particular (and sometimes, peculiar) qualities. I usually only concentrate on one or two at a time, though, and whatever one it is at the moment is my favorite. It's like picking a favorite child out of one's children or grandchildren; some people might be able to do it, but not me.

10. Heh. I try to NOT pick favorites.

Although I know they are just dolls, I feel a bit bad when I favor one doll over another! I think it's more because I tell myself not to buy a doll I will ABSOLUTELY LOVE as much as any other doll--in other words, I try to buy dolls that will ALL be my favorite and best... and if I end up not liking some as much as others, then I feel I have failed a bit in getting that doll...

But... hey, I do have dolls that I like a bit more than others... I still try to treat them all equally and rotate attention and all that, though. Not always successfully... *_*

11. I have favorites! I admit it!! However, i have multiple favorites for different reasons.
      Para is probably my favorite because she's an original character of mine. She has the largest wardrob out of all the dolls i have, not to mention the biggest shoe collection as well. She's my little superhero and i love explaining to people who she is and what she's like. I think she also has the most photos out of all my dolls... however i did sell an Old Para (CP Lishe) for the New Para (EID Luna) i have now... But even when she was a CP Lishe, she got the most attention.

However Sora, my little Kingdom Hearts Doll, gets a lot of fandom! I love Kingdom Hearts more then anything right now, so i tend to make him anything and everything kingdom hearts and disney related. I buy him, Kairi and Riku all sorts of Disney props. But i have also invested a lot of money into him! His Commisioned clothing has cost me a pretty penny. But His Keyblade i made him cost over $150 in supplies mostly due to me making it out of sterling silver, totally worth it by the way! I also love taking photos of him and taking him places because i love it when people comment on him and tell me how GREAT he looks, and how he looks like the real Sora. I know i'm a weirdo. I love seeing what i can make next for him! I just finished his 2nd Keyblade a few days ago.

Even though these two dolls get the most attention from me, and the most stuff out of me. My Angel-Studio Rone, is my Grail Doll! I love him... i just don't handle him much, plus he's still kinda new.

So ya, i have my favorites! Kairi is the doll i neglect the most. She was never planed... and for many reasons i never played with her and ignored her. I did recently buy a New Kairi and she now does receive more attention from me, but she is probably my most neglected doll. :(

12. My favorite of my collection is Anju. She was my first big doll and it so happens that I am quite fond of Dollfie Dreams. Since she was my first, she often times is very spoiled- she has enough clothing to clothe the other three twice.

However I still love the rest of them very much. I find that I'm drawn to photograph Aceras more than anyone else, she is likely my second fave.

13. I play terrible favorites with Kiddo. I love that little bugger to pieces so he gets to go everywhere and do everything. I'm also overly partial to Halo, who is the family doll and our first BJD. Now I feel guilty and have to go give Ciel some love.....

14. Yeah, I won't lie, I def. play favorites. My Ash (DoC Si) is probably my main favorite. He's very well loved and cuddled on a regular basis and he is one of my most photogenic dolls. Whenever I feel sad or just want to "hang out" with one of the resin kids, he's always the one I pick for a snuggle session. My second favorite would probably by my K-Doll Kamyu named Sabbath. He was my first SD sized boy and I tend to pamper him quite a bit XD

15. For me personally, I knew I had finally pulled together the perfect crew when I suddenly found myself convinced that everytime I made a new outfit for someone, they were my absolute favorite. Then when I sewed for the next doll, they suddenly became my favorite, so on and so forth. When that happened with all 10, I knew I'd finally accomplished my perfect collection because I obviously was truly in love with each and every doll.:)

16. I only have three, so they can all be my favorites. ^^

17. I definitely have a favourite, and I don't feel bad about it. If I had to sell all my dolls in an emergency Luna would be the last one to go. It's purely sentimental, I just adore her character.

18. I don't have favorites, per se. I do cycle through my dolls, depending on my mood and what I feel like doing, but none of them are a 'temporary favorite.'

When I reach a point where I know that one of my dolls is "less favorite" than the others, I sell that doll. I don't need something taking up space if its not perfect.

19. Both of my girls are very different. So I love them for their differences.

20. I can honestly say I play favorites.
      My OT "Lina doll" is my absolute favorite. And is by far the most spoiled in terms of things she has. She isn't my oldest doll but she's the one i've stayed most consistently attached to.
      As for resins, even when my collection is complete, I know Pacea will stay my favorite resin doll. She was my first and has that over others.

A lot of my dolls are purchased/kept as companions or add to the family set I have in mind for the doll. So a lot of my really little children dolls or the dolls I buy as parents/partners to my dolls don't have the same sentimental attachment that I have for the dolls I bought because I genuinely loved them (and this right here is EXACTLY why i'm limiting my resin collection, i can play this with cheaper dolls but not dolls that are $230 minimum a pop!).

So.... to shorten it up, Yes I have my favorites, I don't feel bad about it really. And the difference is the purpose in which the doll was ordered, if I needed them for a "set" or photo shoot I didn't buy them with the same love I bought the other dolls with.