1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking Favorites

Sep 28, 2011

1. My Hyun-ki is my favorite, but he's also the only doll I have at the moment so not sure if that really counts! XD; (Hurry home Alvis!!)

But I think once I do get more dolls that I'll love them all equally. Of course, he was my first resin baby so he'll always have that special spot in my heart! :aheartbea

2. Well, anyone who ISN'T a favorite gets sold around here... I have particular dolls that are my favorites for certain things. Some are easier to haul around then otheres so they go to more cons and meet-ups. Others are my favorites for other things, be it I just need a smile or I want a good poser.

3. Hands down, Moswen (AoD Chi) is my favourite. Some of it may be that he was my first doll, but I also really just love his character. I love all my dolls (otherwise why have them?), but Moswen is just... Moswen. He's my most handled and photographed doll and when I do a photostory with a group of dolls, he usually ends up in there somehow.

4. My favorite is whomever I'm really into at the moment. It's the same thing with my shoes... every time I dig up just the right pair of shoes to go with my outfit & they pull the whole look together & I feel like Queen of the May, THAT is my favorite pair of shoes. Tomorrow, there may be another favorite. :XD:

There are a few dolls that have extra-special endearments for me, but there are still too many of those to even qualify as favoritism. I'm extra-fond of my Volks Shiros because Shiro was the first doll I fell in love with; I'm extra-fond of my SDC Arashi because he was my first doll; I'm extra-fond of my EID Akando because he is my personal woobie; I'm extra-fond of my Yukinojo because he looks like someone I used to know; I'm extra-fond of my Tan Soo Ri because he was my first tan doll & he has so much sassy life in him.... the list just goes on. In dolls as in shoes, if you ask me again tomorrow, there'll be a different list of faves.

But I don't bother to sit around & think about favorites at all-- I go where my whims take me, and the whole collection gets loved one doll at a time. <3

5. My very favorite is my Soom Amber ^^ I knew the moment I had her that no other doll could take her place, and she would be the last to go if I had to sell them. But my others are special in their own way, like Chehime said, if it's not a favorite I'm not going to keep it around and pretend it is. All of my dolls are "favorites", Amber is just... above and beyond that. I still couldn't imagine parting with any of the dolls I have. I don't buy dolls unless I'm almost positive I'll love them in person :)

6. I definitely have a favourite. I also happen to have an unfavourite or two, because I'm prone to extremes. XD They all get more or less equal pampering, though, in terms of clothes and attention.

7. My fav circles around the crew, depending on which character I am more into at that moment. But most of the times, my Hijikata edges out the rest. As for second favourite... they just take turns. XD

8. I bought my second doll for pretty cheap at a doll show, and I never ended up bonding with him, so for a while there my first doll was my favorite. Now I bought her an older sister and I love them both equally! I feel really guilty when I have a favorite and so I try to play with the other "unloved" doll more. It works better if I am just like their mom and don't pick favorites. :)

9. I'd say my first doll is my favorite (Dollmore Kid Pado) I love his face, he looks so serious but cute ^-^

10. I vowed at first I wouldn't play favourites but that went out the window quickly. I fully admit now that my Suntan Asha (Lillith) and my Dark Elf Soo (Ysandre) are my faves.

Lil was my first BJD and Ysandre is the BJD I wanted for the longest period of time (except for my 'grail doll that I'm never likely to get my hands on). They're bookends in terms of when they arrived which makes my favouritism of them amusing since Ysandre is my newest doll and Lil was the first.

11. This is hard to say, but MIND YOU I LOVE MY DOLLS EQUALLY!! :o
      But I DO go through times when I spend more time with one doll (I just got my first resin YoSD and he's too cute to leave alone!)
      I feel as if my SD's are being neglected right now! But I'm making costumes for them for a doll meet up I'm going to soon (gonna take the whole family!:))

12. Oh, DO I play favourites XD
      lil'Kheri (my Glati) is hands down my all-time favourite. I believe it has something to do with how much I love his character. Might be hard when his adult version finally arrives.
      I pamper him so much it isn't even funny. He is my go-to doll whenever I feel like playing with dolls.
      I love all my other dolls too, but they still come second.

13. It cycles a little, but I definitely have a favourite. Abeline was my third doll, but she was the first one I was really excited about even before opening her. She was the doll that made me realize that MSD size was perfect for me, and she was the one that made my mother actually start liking my dolls. So, she's very special to me and no other doll could take her place ^^

14. A really tricky question. But yes, I tend to favorite one or so over the others.But I think it's goes up and down on who is my fav right for the moment. Usually when I have a fav I tend to get new things for that doll, such as clothes, wigs and accessories. Right nowI favorite my delf and my DD.

15. As much as I didn't want to have favoritism, i do have a favorite doll.
      He's my Illusion Spirit Calos.
      I don't think I picked him as my favorite though...it's more natural than that.
      I think the reason he's my favorite is that he really did become that character I want him to be

16. Yes and no. I would say Thesda is my overall favorite, but it also slightly depends on who I'm workin on / for at the moment.
      Like I usually neglect the rest of the crew a little when I go back to sewing for my girl doll, which can be super time consuming (because I'm really not the greatest seamstress in the world to be honest). So I tend to concentrate on her more in general.
      But everyone gets their "Oooh, favorite doll!" - time eventually. I wouldn't keep them otherwise.

17. I always try and stay equal with my dolls but in truth I put my first doll (my KDF Ani) as my favorite! Honestly, I can't help it though~ this little boy and I had some tough times together that he really made me feel better! Otherwise, I treat them all the same~

18. Yes, I definitely have favorites! I have about 5 dolls (out of 20) who are favorites and I can't imagine ever selling them (though I know I probably will at some point). My #1 favorite is my Crobidoll Daydream Lance V2.

19. I'm one of those boring people who loves them all the same. I think I have different relationships with each of them though. Some I cuddle with, others I don't. It depends on the character.

20. I have different favorites for different activities. Kun for carrying, Lusis for playing and posing, B-el's faceup and styling, androgynous L-bi for photographing a winsome expression and pose, the Lusis + 2 U-noa hybrids as a little group to take out or set at a tea party, the little 1:6 IMPL kitty girl for handbag doll, Dikadoll LingRi as anime cosplay Shinku for her big-eyed face, our 2 tan 1:4 dressed up together as a carry pair. But I love Lusis, first and best overall, always have.